Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, blueseeka said:

Not sure if anyone is watching but damn this game is a fun watch. 3-3 in the 60'. Watford dominating but can't defend a counter attack at all. So bad. Kone has truly turned into a bright spot for Watford after a poor start

I think the biggest issue with him is that he still turns the ball over in dangerous areas too often. If he can cut out the turnovers and wayward passes, the sky is truly the limit. 

5 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Just watching the game on replay and Kone's goal was vintage Hoilett 

Funny you say that because after Liam scored his goal I was thinking how we almost never score goals that way nor could I think of a player capable.  Most of the goals David and Larin score are short headers and tap-ins, never the Golazo type.  Hoilett finally came to mind but when was the last time he did that in a big game. 

It is a capability we sorely need and if Kone and Millar can do it all the better.

On 1/1/2024 at 1:51 PM, Kadenge said:

Just watching the game on replay and Kone's goal was vintage Hoilett 

Very good 70 minutes, especially given the conditions.  Watford bit fortunate to come away with a point I thought.  Both teams lucky to finish fully staffed!

Six sexy goals on a night like that?  Wow.  MoTM had to be shared with the groundskeeper.  How the field held up is a wonder.  Fishtail coming off the ball every time it was played on the ground.

Played a half against National League Chesterfield in the Cup. 

Picked up a yellow and after some really good work, he should have scored. Was in alone but after dallying a bit, he was caught by a defender and put it right at the keeper.

The highlights  I saw were on the BBC with a proxy.  Not sure if others have another source. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

https://www.transfermarkt.us/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=3&yt0=Show

Kone recently saw an increase in his market value on Transfermarkt. He's now valued at 11M euros, up from 10M and making him the 24th most valuable player in CONCACAF, sandwiched between Joe Scally and Josh Sargent.