Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

On 1/20/2024 at 10:12 AM, jhoops__ said:

These are times when Kone just looks bigger and faster than most Championship players.   Starting to really find his form this year.

he's cemented his starting position and is a key cog on attack & progressing the ball. A few times during the game, as you say, he just blew past his markers with speed & power. There's lots of games left and anything can happen, but I'm not sure  Watford have the quality to win promotion this season. For Kone it's all about playing as well as he can and making an impression for other teams re his next move up.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Udinese’s last match got suspended because the fans couldn’t stop being racist at Mike Maignan, so while I hope this is Kone’s last season in the championship, I would love it if another Série A (or anywhere!) team threw their hat in the ring. 

Unfortunately it's also happening at other teams and countries as well.  It's depressing and pathetic, but not sure how many countries the players can go to to avoid this kind of thing.  

3 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

Subbed out "due to injury", anyone heard an update?

I watched the match until Kone got subbed out and it didn't look too serious.  He reached with his right leg for a tackle and it looked like a misstep or an overextension and he seemed to be favouring something.  Looked like a minor hamstring or groin but he sat down and waited for treatment.  Anyway, didn't looked too serious and it's probably more precautionary because Watford doesn't want to take any chances since they're gonna make bank when Kone gets transferred.  

Kone was easily player of the match for Watford up to his sub.  Also, looks much more physically developed since the WC.  

On 1/28/2024 at 12:18 PM, Snowcrash said:

I watched the match until Kone got subbed out and it didn't look too serious.  He reached with his right leg for a tackle and it looked like a misstep or an overextension and he seemed to be favouring something.  Looked like a minor hamstring or groin but he sat down and waited for treatment.  Anyway, didn't looked too serious and it's probably more precautionary because Watford doesn't want to take any chances since they're gonna make bank when Kone gets transferred.  

Kone was easily player of the match for Watford up to his sub.  Also, looks much more physically developed since the WC.  

In starting lineup today.  Injury must not have been serious.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely fantastic reverse ball to get the hockey assist as Watford cut the lead to 2-1. Game is a bit chaotic and Kone has shown a lot of what makes him such an exciting prospect. In addition to the pass, he has had a few impressive driving runs. 

EDIT: Should have had an assist to make it 2-2 after intercepting, driving, and laying off to Martins but his teammate makes a meal of it. Really imposing himself.

3 hours ago, El Diego said:

Absolutely fantastic reverse ball to get the hockey assist as Watford cut the lead to 2-1. Game is a bit chaotic and Kone has shown a lot of what makes him such an exciting prospect. In addition to the pass, he has had a few impressive driving runs. 

EDIT: Should have had an assist to make it 2-2 after intercepting, driving, and laying off to Martins but his teammate makes a meal of it. Really imposing himself.

Not as good in the second half, at times floated around and failed to track runners. Crazy disjointed game. From the little I've seen of Watford this season, I don't think it's a good environment for him to develop in, so chaotic.