2021 Canadian Premier League Attendance

12 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Not great, but makes sense. Mid-week, kids back in school, teams have settled in to their positions in the table a bit (ie poor teams are poor), weather is changing. So, suspect we'll be seeing more games like this. That's fine, it is what it is this year.

The other reasons, sure. But the game you quoted for York got them from 5th to 4th. So out of playoffs to into playoffs. That's not a reason for the York game.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

The other reasons, sure. But the game you quoted for York got them from 5th to 4th. So out of playoffs to into playoffs. That's not a reason for the York game.

Yeah, I was making more of a blanket comment on why some attendances might go down. Some games will still matter, but we're getting to the stage where more don't.

On 9/15/2021 at 8:46 AM, Aird25 said:

It drives me crazy that this is always the most active CPL thread. It seems there's more interest here in attendance than there is in the football itself

You are right.  I'm worried this league won't last.  I'm here to hopefully see some good news!  I suspect that most people on here are here for the same reasons.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:03 PM, DrFitzpatrick said:

You are right.  I'm worried this league won't last.  I'm here to hopefully see some good news!  I suspect that most people on here are here for the same reasons.

I’m not sure I agree. The hardcore soccer fans are sometimes the hardest to win over. I think it’s been a very slow adoption period from national team fans, but from what I’ve seen the fans in the stadium are far more knowledgeable this season than in 2019.

On 9/19/2021 at 7:09 PM, Aird25 said:

I’m not sure I agree. The hardcore soccer fans are sometimes the hardest to win over. I think it’s been a very slow adoption period from national team fans, but from what I’ve seen the fans in the stadium are far more knowledgeable this season than in 2019.

I find Canadians pretty snobby about sports in general.  If it's not a major league or junior hockey they turn their noses up at it.  

I have so many friends who are bigger soccer fans than me but wouldn't be caught dead watching CPL or even MLS.

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

He's going to either point out to empty spots on the screen or come up with a "they gave tickets away" theories

No he;ll leave this one alone...brag up the numbers probably because of the MLS factor.  Which is obvious, fans want to see a big club, but it will come off with the usual back handed compliment that is really a not so subtle slam.  Its an art......

3 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

No he;ll leave this one alone...brag up the numbers probably because of the MLS factor.  Which is obvious, fans want to see a big club, but it will come off with the usual back handed compliment that is really a not so subtle slam.  Its an art......

He does like his back handed compliments. Creepy, like he's using PUA techniques to get into the CPL's pants. 😅

No number so far for Ottawa vs Cavalry:

https://canpl.ca/matchcentre/bkpqazqtdq7fg0lln252h8etw/highlights

Or for Forge vs Pacific:

https://canpl.ca/matchcentre/bksny6dxmf724sqdloqb8cqok/highlights

The latter looks like it might be better than usual from the highlights.

Edit: on Reddit for Ottawa game

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot