World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place

Free kick

11 minutes ago, David Pinto said:

What are the criteria for the non voyageurs presale? Canada soccer signup? 

Be a soccer club, association ect... signing up could be a way in.  There is a very low chance the place sells out on the CSA pre sale.   Our section maybe, but that could be a fantasy... with everything going on I can't seem to gauge it all. 

I think one of the ideas there for the pre sale is if you are buying large quantity of tickets (in non covid times) it is easier to fit the large groups in if they buy first. 

43 minutes ago, Tuscan said:

Is there official confirmation that the Panama game is at BMO yet?

Yes there is. It's was on the CSA site since the announcement of the September games - though they've deleted it now.

It also was mentioned in the very prominent Canadian Press/G&M article: 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/article-torontos-bmo-field-to-host-three-world-cup-qualifying-matches-in/

Edited by nfitz

21 hours ago, admin said:

Hmmmm. I dunno.  

There is a lot of work involved in the set up and take down.  It's not the field. 

Looking at schedules the Canada game is at BMO Field on Sept. 8th. Two days later on the 10th on the same field, its Ticats at Argos so a quick turn around is doable in BC. The  difference in BC is it would it going from footy to football and back to footy. 

6 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Looking at schedules the Canada game is at BMO Field on Sept. 8th. Two days later on the 10th on the same field, its Ticats at Argos so a quick turn around is doable in BC. The  difference in BC is it would it going from footy to football and back to footy. 

If the CR game is not at BC Place, I don't think this will be the reason.

14 minutes ago, admin said:

If the CR game is not at BC Place, I don't think this will be the reason.

Does the CSA ideally want to have both November games in the same place? This would eliminate a travel day. I understand a lot of different considerations would go into this. 

1 minute ago, Cblake said:

Does the CSA ideally want to have both November games in the same place? This would eliminate a travel day. I understand a lot of different considerations would go into this. 

Ideally yes, but there are other things to consider....  

All I can say is it is all up in the air, and fall could change the landscape covid wise dramatically.  I hope for the better. 

57 minutes ago, admin said:

Ideally yes, but there are other things to consider....  

All I can say is it is all up in the air, and fall could change the landscape covid wise dramatically.  I hope for the better. 

Do you have a prediction as to when the location would be announced? 

5 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

Do you have a prediction as to when the location would be announced? 

Not a clue. 

I imagine PHAC will not grant wishes that far in advance.  It is one thing for a pro sports league where the structure is all managed.   It's another for a team and players coming from multiple countries where covid might change things dramatically between now and say... mid October.

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Not a clue. 

I imagine PHAC will not grant wishes that far in advance.  It is one thing for a pro sports league where the structure is all managed.   It's another for a team and players coming from multiple countries where covid might change things dramatically between now and say... mid October.

Yikes.. less than ideal but thanks!

For those wondering about the potential of Winnipeg hosting in November. Winnipeg Jets put out an email to season Seat Holders today that said they will be open at full capacity when the season starts (late Sept), but only to fully vaxed spectators. This is consistent to what The Blue Bombers are currently doing. For the record, I don't think attendance in Winnipeg in November would be very good. But bet your ass I would be there. 

Edited by johnyb

39 minutes ago, johnyb said:

For those wondering about the potential of Winnipeg hosting in November. Winnipeg Jets put out an email to season Seat Holders today that said they will be open at full capacity when the season starts (late Sept), but only to fully vaxed spectators. This is consistent to what The Blue Bombers are currently doing. For the record, I don't think attendance in Winnipeg in November would be very good. But bet your ass I would be there. 

Regina is most definitely not the place you want to host a game in November, but I was at the game last Friday with over 32K in the stands.  Having that many people at game really brings a lot of energy to the game.  I hope Toronto will allow as many fans as possible in September.

3 hours ago, johnyb said:

That is where a passport would be helpful in opening things up in say Ontario. For a while in New York there were fully vaccinated sections that were full and others that were socially distanced for those that did not have their shots. Manitoba and now Quebec have them in place. It is certainly something to think about t. But cold weather games may not draw all that great regardless if reduced capacity is in place or not. 

2 hours ago, prairiecanuck said:

Regina is most definitely not the place you want to host a game in November, but I was at the game last Friday with over 32K in the stands.  Having that many people at game really brings a lot of energy to the game.  I hope Toronto will allow as many fans as possible in September.

In the current Ontario environment really do not see that happening. The Blue Jays are selling their home games thru Sept. 5th at a capacity of 15K. Really do not see a capacity increase to levels like that anytime soon. 

I read a news report yesterday that Ontario's top doctor is hinting that Ontario could officially move out of Phase 3 as early as next week as the two remaining vaccination targets needed to leave Phase 3 are fast approaching.  According to Ford, when Ontario leaves Phase 3, most restrictions will disappear.  I am not sure what that means for fan attendance in September or if there will be any changes.  However, it's positive that the doctors are suggesting that Ontario will meet their remaining vaccination targets for Phase 3 in the next 7 to 10 days.

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

I read a news report yesterday that Ontario's top doctor is hinting that Ontario could officially move out of Phase 3 as early as next week as the two remaining vaccination targets needed to leave Phase 3 are fast approaching.  According to Ford, when Ontario leaves Phase 3, most restrictions will disappear.  I am not sure what that means for fan attendance in September or if there will be any changes.  However, it's positive that the doctors are suggesting that Ontario will meet their remaining vaccination targets for Phase 3 in the next 7 to 10 days.

Although positive news, it might be too late to adjust attendances at short notice with Ticketmaster and BMO Field.  Suspect that the 15,000 limit will be in place for the game in (gulp) three weeks.  It looks like tickets may not even be on offer until next week.  

17 minutes ago, RS said:

Ontario is almost certainly heading into a fourth wave — even with vaccinations likely ensuring that hospitalizations and deaths will remain low, the pure case load could scare the government away from further loosening restrictions until it passes.

Yes, we're likely to have huge case growth in the next 8 weeks. I wouldnt be surprised if restrictions are actually brought back, let alone removed.

*I'm not debating what should be done, only providing my view of what will happen*

Ontario is past 80% for first shots and in 1 week will pass 75% fully vaccinated  based on eligible population. The numbers are even higher for Toronto. Ontario's chief Dr is not fazed by what he says is an expected increase in cases, the vast majority being attributable to unvaccinated residents. As long as  ICUs are not filling up again I doubt there will be further restrictions.

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Ontario is past 80% for first shots and in 1 week will pass 75% fully vaccinated  based on eligible population. The numbers are even higher for Toronto. Ontario's chief Dr is not fazed by what he says is an expected increase in cases, the vast majority being attributable to unvaccinated residents. As long as  ICUs are not filling up again I doubt there will be further restrictions.

We’ll see.  If cases for children go up like we’re seeing in the States, the backlash for restrictions and passports will be astronomical.  But time will tell.

For arguments sake let’s say it’s still capped at 15 grand a week out from the Honduras game and is sold out but get the green light to expand, I’m sure they’ll add more people where they can even with a short turnaround 

Any idea what the process will be like for the non-south end tickets? Also opening on Monday?

I’m bringing a bunch of people for their first Canada game and I was hoping we all get tickets together. Will there be a max of 4 seats in a group?

3 minutes ago, mowe said:

Any idea what the process will be like for the non-south end tickets? Also opening on Monday?

I’m bringing a bunch of people for their first Canada game and I was hoping we all get tickets together. Will there be a max of 4 seats in a group?

If they are using the same system TFC is using you may only be able to buy 2 or 4 tickets at a time.

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic