World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place

Free kick

18 minutes ago, mowe said:

Any idea what the process will be like for the non-south end tickets? Also opening on Monday?

I’m bringing a bunch of people for their first Canada game and I was hoping we all get tickets together. Will there be a max of 4 seats in a group?

It would be difficult to start sales on Monday if there is no announcement made by Canada Soccer or Ticketmaster today.  I suspect something will be announced early next week, although I would have thought something might have already been announced by now.  
Perhaps it’s possible that the roster will be announced at the same time tickets go on sale.  That would really ramp things up.

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

anybody else feel like these tickets are going to sellout real fast, or is it just me?

Yes and no

Yes because we are so excited for this round of qualifying (and assuming we get automatic bid in ‘26, this won’t happen for another 8 years) that surely everyone else will want too

No because the mainstream media hasn’t been giving this the attention it should be getting.  Obviously the focus has been the Olympics the last few weeks and rightfully so, but this is also high vacation time now 

1 hour ago, EJsens1 said:

Yes and no

Yes because we are so excited for this round of qualifying (and assuming we get automatic bid in ‘26, this won’t happen for another 8 years) that surely everyone else will want too

No because the mainstream media hasn’t been giving this the attention it should be getting.  Obviously the focus has been the Olympics the last few weeks and rightfully so, but this is also high vacation time now 

alot of my general soccer friends that usually just focus on Europe are talking about this game a lot. I could see us pulling 25k to the first game if there were no restrictions

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It would be difficult to start sales on Monday if there is no announcement made by Canada Soccer or Ticketmaster today.  I suspect something will be announced early next week, although I would have thought something might have already been announced by now.  
Perhaps it’s possible that the roster will be announced at the same time tickets go on sale.  That would really ramp things up.

Yeah, it is not even listed on Ticketmaster yet, so it would have to be posted before a single ticket can be sold. You usually see it up for a least a couple days before it opens up. All in due time I guess. 

10 hours ago, Shway said:

anybody else feel like these tickets are going to sellout real fast, or is it just me?

Yes: 15k restriction. Mo from Gold Cup. Mo from women winning gold. Best summer ever for Canadian football.

No: People on this board always over estimate Canada match attendance. Not too many Hondurans/Salvadorans likely to be there. Covid attendance/travel hesitancy. TFC hasn't reached 15k yet. 

17 hours ago, Shway said:

Yes, they will fall into the hands of scalpers.  That what i fear will happen. Kind of reminds of the U20 WC game versus Chile. All the tickets were gone within a day or maybe hours after going on sale to the public. Before even the teams were assigned to groups and match opponents were known.    Those tickets were quickly sold and re-sold online many times at a premium and eventually went into the hands  of out-of-town or out of country visiting supporters who were easily able to find them on-line even days before the Can-Chile game.  Luckily, the few of us who had TFC season ticket and got in on the presale, were able to to attend.

The ticket selling business for sporting and entertainment events is a dirty buisness in my opinion.  I try to have no part of it and wont buy from it because i wont support the scum in that business. Thats why i am a season seat holder.   This is a business that i would support the notion of better regulation.  

Edited by Free kick

Important question:  

So how long will the tickets with the pre assigned code (for us) be up for sale until they are released to the general public?  

For those of us who have to work during the day or dont have time to come here or check our emails during the day.  

Edited by Free kick

On 8/14/2021 at 1:28 AM, Free kick said:

The ticket selling business for sporting and entertainment events is a dirty buisness in my opinion.  I try to have no part of it and wont buy from it because i wont support the scum in that business. Thats why i am a season seat holder.   This is a business that i would support the notion of better regulation.  

IMO, any business that requires selling with a commission will likely be a dirty business. That kinda of sales, will never have your best interests. It's selling salt to a snail mindsets.

However, due to the global situations. I don't think the local population will have an appetite for scalpers, considering everybody has been conditioned to buy online. 

It would be a big risk for the hand and foot scalpers.

Just noticed it's only El Salvador 

10 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Tomorrow, 10 am no?

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/el-salvador-national-team-tickets/artist/1895810

SEP 8
Wed • 7:30pm

Canada MNT v El Salvador - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Qualifiers

PRESALE: TUE • AUG 17 • 10 AM

Sabotage! 🤣

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/search?radius=10000&sort=relevance%2Cdesc&tab=events&q=Canada%2BMNT&daterange=all

1 hour ago, Shway said:

IMO, any business that requires selling with a commission will likely be a dirty business. That kinda of sales, will never have your best interests. It's selling salt to a snail mindsets.

However, due to the global situations. I don't think the local population will have an appetite for scalpers, considering everybody has been conditioned to buy online. 

Middlemen are valid part of the good and services distrution chain.  Provided that they they provide some sort of economic value.   For example A stock broker or real estate agent:  they provide you with advice or maybe a newsletter,  maybe save you time, or maybe friendly customer service.  

Ticket Scalpers (whether they are online or not), on the other hand,  do none of that.  They provide no economic value for their services.   They disrupt the supply and demand and hence thats why IMHO they should be regulated out business.   

Edited by Free kick

8 hours ago, Vancouver Fan said:

Is there a date for the presale of the October match v Panama? 

No, not as yet.   They are waiting  to see if covid restrictions will be lifted.   It is a PITA to sell tickets in a funky checkerboard socially distanced way in the stadium which is one reason this has taken so long. 

They are hoping it is wide open come October.

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic