World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place

Free kick

19 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I saw this today.  It mentions MLSE manages BMO.  I wonder if this will apply.  I’m double vaxxed and applaud it but could be issues for some and getting a test done 

Says effective mid September. 

Not a problem for me either 

7 minutes ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

Would have thought Brazenhead or Liberty Commons would be happy to have you.  Surprised that's not the case.

It's tough for those places. They have regulars, and we are worth far far far less than their regulars over time. 

Their capacity, even without covid is not that high.  The two biggest places we have used had numbers over 500.

Supporters are not an unknown quantity and they might see us as a risk that gets them in trouble wrt to regulations.

I will approach them again and see. Easier to do from here than in Vancouver.

If what's been sold in 203 for both matches is true away support, El Salvador has the presale edge over Honduras for number of fans attending. The Honduras match has 40 seats remaining in the away section, while the El Salvador match only has 22.

Edited by jtpc

1 hour ago, jtpc said:

If what's been sold in 203 for both matches is true away support, El Salvador has the presale edge over Honduras for number of fans attending. The Honduras match has 40 seats remaining in the away section, while the El Salvador match only has 22.

Without looking up the stats, I'd say this reflects the respective number of ex-pats from each country in the GTA.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Why do you say that?  The public sale hasn’t even started yet.

im sure the south end is going to be sold out and that is great,i hardly see any movement in the other sections other than the visitors section,how many of us had priority today.the jays sold 15k in a hour

7 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

im sure the south end is going to be sold out and that is great,i hardly see any movement in the other sections other than the visitors section,how many of us had priority today.the jays sold 15k in a hour

Only people who signed up for the CSA newsletter received a code plus the Voyageurs and maybe a few other smaller groups.  I also know people who live in Toronto and are huge soccer fans but still aren’t comfortable in crowds so are not attending.

43 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Only people who signed up for the CSA newsletter received a code plus the Voyageurs and maybe a few other smaller groups.  I also know people who live in Toronto and are huge soccer fans but still aren’t comfortable in crowds so are not attending.

Yeah, when I was asking around I got a couple people turn down tickets because they aren't comfortable going to a stadium at the moment.

I'm not sure when the Blue Jays became the bar for the Canadian national team, but that's pretty awesome if people think that is a realistic expectation.

I believe the last time Honduras played Canada in Toronto the game drew 16k in 2012, without any concerns about COVID. Vancouver did better with 20k last cycle against Honduras.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Without looking up the stats, I'd say this reflects the respective number of ex-pats from each country in the GTA.

You are correct. The Toronto CMA stats are at: https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/dp-pd/hlt-fst/imm/Table.cfm?Lang=E&T=22&Geo=535

For place of birth, Honduras is 1,410, and El Salvador is 11,110.

Looking at the other nations in the Oct"
Mexico 11,390

USA 46,965

Panama 890

Costa Rica 1,300

Jamaica 99,665

More Jamaicans than Americans!

Just now, Kent said:

Yeah, when I was asking around I got a couple people turn down tickets because they aren't comfortable going to a stadium at the moment.

It's definitely a factor. For the last TFC game, my unvaccinated son didn't come, because he's went camping a couple of days later, with some others who are unvaccinated. And I couldn't get my brother to come, as he had a cold.

Doesn't help for some that the El Salvador game is at 8 pm, the night before the first day of school this year.

Edited by nfitz

One of my best friends is from El Salvador.  We have travelled down to the Columbus together to watch both El Salvador & Canada play back in 2009.  Together we Watched El Salvador & Canada play in the Gold Cup preliminary games in Toronto back in 2015.  So naturally I reached out to him to see if he was going to the game in September and he declined as he is not comfortable attending.  Better for us with one less Blue jersey in the crowd.  His father's team back in El Salvador is FAS and they never thought that they would ever see the day their home club FAS come to play in Canada.  In the end, Forge was unable to host FAS, but they had decided against attending the game anyways because they still do not feel comfortable.  Point being, many people just aren't comfortable yet, no matter what the significance/importance of the games.

As for myself, I will be at both games and wouldn't miss them.

Edited by Corazon

6 hours ago, jtpc said:

If what's been sold in 203 for both matches is true away support, El Salvador has the presale edge over Honduras for number of fans attending. The Honduras match has 40 seats remaining in the away section, while the El Salvador match only has 22.

For example The DMV (DC, Maryland Virginia) area has a huge El Salvador populations. There are more than 20,000 Salvadorans in D.C. alone, and some 200,000 in the region at large. Pretty sure we will see some make the trip as this will be on of two WCQ in Canada and the US for them. Also you have to remember September 7th is the first day all fully vaccinated people can enter Canada without having to quarantine for 14 days. The Honduras game happens before this date. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvadoran_Americans

Edited by Cblake

2 hours ago, Cblake said:

For example The DMV (DC, Maryland Virginia) area has a huge El Salvador populations. There are more than 20,000 Salvadorans in D.C. alone, and some 200,000 in the region at large. Pretty sure we will see some make the trip as this will be on of two WCQ in Canada and the US for them. Also you have to remember September 7th is the first day all fully vaccinated people can enter Canada without having to quarantine for 14 days. The Honduras game happens before this date. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvadoran_Americans

I thought you couldn't get into the US without quarantining?  Or am i wrong? would they not have issues going back across the border?

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

I thought you couldn't get into the US without quarantining?  Or am i wrong? would they not have issues going back across the border?

Not if they  do a covid test, which anyone has to do when traveling into the US. Also the US accepts the rapid test for the purpose of travel, which Canada does not. 

https://www.cic-totalcare.com/newsletters/canadian-border-reopening-on-sept-7-2021-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers/

Edited by Cblake

2 hours ago, Cblake said:

Not if they  do a covid test, which anyone has to do when traveling into the US. Also the US accepts the rapid test for the purpose of travel, which Canada does not. 

https://www.cic-totalcare.com/newsletters/canadian-border-reopening-on-sept-7-2021-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers/

If they are american citizens or green card holders and drive across they do not need to test to go back across to America. 

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

In normal times I would agree. But we’ve all been starving for an event like this and you have the Daves. 

Sure we as supporters have been starving for this, but our supporter tickets are $35. I don't think the fair weather fan is going to be chomping at the bit to pay $60 to $100. Guess we'll see if we hit 15K.  

Edited by king1010

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic