World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place

Free kick

9 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Celebrate the women's Olympic Gold with a halftime recognition/celebration during the first game of the men's world cup qualifying campaign. 

From a grassroots level for soccer across the entire country, both women and men need to be working together and what an amazing opportunity. 

Davies even Sinclair etc can tweet :) because honestly, what an incredible opportunity. Hope it happens. 

Same with Vancouver in the other window vs Mexico, halftime recognition for our women. 

Hope it gets sorted out. We know very well every other country will have huge crowds for their home games and my understanding is Canada has a very high double Vax rate. 

Honestly i'm still a bit sour from when sinclair basically whined that the Women's team didn't get the same attention as the men's. Not sure what planet she was on. The Women's team is 1000000X more popular in Canada than the "loser" men's team... 

9 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Celebrate the women's Olympic Gold with a halftime recognition/celebration during the first game of the men's world cup qualifying campaign. 

From a grassroots level for soccer across the entire country, both women and men need to be working together and what an amazing opportunity. 

Davies even Sinclair etc can tweet :) because honestly, what an incredible opportunity. Hope it happens. 

Same with Vancouver in the other window vs Mexico, halftime recognition for our women. 

Hope it gets sorted out. We know very well every other country will have huge crowds for their home games and my understanding is Canada has a very high double Vax rate. 

The CanWNT should schedule their own friendly in September at BC Place for a Gold Medal celebration. 

I believe the dates work out with the window available 

Edited by narduch

23 hours ago, admin said:

Preliminary ticket page is up on The Voyageurs site.   If you have a membership, make sure you can read this page ASAP.

Read the page...but just to be clear, tickets are not on sale yet?

When can we expect them to be on sale?

17 minutes ago, masster said:

Read the page...but just to be clear, tickets are not on sale yet?

When can we expect them to be on sale?

Correct, not on sale yet.  Still waiting to hear back from Canada Soccer as to timing; think our sale will more or less coincide with the general public sale.  To be fair to them, I think Ticketmaster might be doing things differently from before which is holding things up.

11 minutes ago, Cblake said:

With BC Place being turf, Canada could play the first game earlier like on the Wednesday. Enough time for the field to be converted for the Lions and back to a foot pitch for the second WCQ. 

Hmmmm. I dunno.  

There is a lot of work involved in the set up and take down.  It's not the field. 

Tickets will go on Sale Monday Aug 16th.   There is still a possibility they will be delayed another day till the 17th, but be ready for the 16th.

We have over 700 members now, and limited seating.  It is really hard to say what the demand will be.  Membership does not guarantee tickets such that if every one of those people bought the maximum, that would twice our available inventory. 

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

With BC Place being turf, Canada could play the first game earlier like on the Wednesday. Enough time for the field to be converted for the Lions and back to a foot pitch for the second WCQ.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Hmmmm. I dunno.  

There is a lot of work involved in the set up and take down.  It's not the field. 

cblake is right, they can turn that thing overnight.

edit: i'm pretty sure i was at all 3 of those games 🤣

Edited by JohnnyFranchise

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic