World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place

Free kick

Oh man, just had a look at flights to Toronto from Saskatoon. It's either pay through the nose to fly in Thursday morning and out Friday morning/afternoon, or go cheap w Flair but have to spend 5 nights at Freddy's. Not sure I can justify either at this point 😭

Just now, admin said:

I think it is totally possible.  But there are also other things going on that will keep the first game in the Nov window likely out of Vancouver...

oh, i for sure don't think they'll be here in november for various reasons, but conversion of bc place isn't one of them.

conversely, if they DO end up here during that window, the speed of conversion might be the main reason why.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

oh, i for sure don't think they'll be here in november for various reasons, but conversion of bc place isn't one of them.

conversely, if they DO end up here during that window, the speed of conversion might be the main reason why.

Alot could change from now till then. Nothing is official, but I would make good bets that we play Mexico there on the 16th.  It might come down to fall covid restrictions as well if there are any. 

34 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

They should make the Argos move to Lamport - they wouldn’t be able to sell that place out even.

How things have changed, from the argos bailing on the CSA twice and the stadium almost not getting built to TFC promising no argos at BMO, lying to the fans and now we have to schedule World Cup Qualifying matches elsewhere because we have to schedule around the argos in our fucking National Football Stadium!  grrrrrrrrrrrr😠

1 hour ago, admin said:

Alot could change from now till then. Nothing is official, but I would make good bets that we play Mexico there on the 16th.  It might come down to fall covid restrictions as well if there are any. 

Has anyone considered both games in Montreal? Or what I haven’t seen written here yet, Montreal, then back to Toronto for the 16th? Not saying it should be, but that is one to consider. 

My personal opinion would be play both out east and make sure you have a pro Canada crowd against Mexico. 

2 minutes ago, TOCanada115 said:

Has anyone considered both games in Montreal? Or what I haven’t seen written here yet, Montreal, then back to Toronto for the 16th? Not saying it should be, but that is one to consider. 

My personal opinion would be play both out east and make sure you have a pro Canada crowd against Mexico. 

I think you are more likely to get a pro Mexico crowd in Toronto and Montreal than elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

Also as much as Toronto is the centre of the universe.... selling out (COVID sell out*) BC Place and the gate that comes with that is only going help the program.

What are capacity level in BC right now? 

17 hours ago, Cblake said:

What are capacity level in BC right now? 

Question is, what will they be in November? Covid rates were similar in Ontario and BC 25 days ago, but since then they've gone up 10 times in BC, and only doubled in Ontario.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are playing in the USA in November ... or maybe Quebec, if their Covid passport is as effective as in France.

Edited by nfitz

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think you are more likely to get a pro Mexico crowd in Toronto and Montreal than elsewhere.

How are you defining pro Mexico crowd? A significant presence? Sure, but you will get that anywhere. Vancouver and Edmonton both have had that.

A majority? I doubt that. 

Edited by Redpunkfiddle

On 8/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, admin said:

**** EDITED OUT DATES *****

We have over 700 members now, and limited seating.  It is really hard to say what the demand will be.  Membership does not guarantee tickets such that if every one of those people bought the maximum, that would twice our available inventory. 

Any idea how this will work? First come first serve? Potential website crash?

1 hour ago, Shway said:

If it's through ticketmaster, I can not see any issues, the volume of tickets won't be anywhere near what they sell for some events/games. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

We don't know.  TM will not let me do the tickets anymore.... I mean I could but it would be next to impossible to pull off.  To be fair, they never built a system for a lunatic to redistribute thousands of tickets.   I don't think it was high on their 'use case' development goals... :)   To do all 7 games would possibly be something close to 800 hours of work. 

We could have done it differently, but it would have involved our tickets not being immediately available along with the pre sale.  The issue there is, if the stadium sells out, ours sell out then it leaves people without tickets.  With this method, our code will be active in the pre sale, which, should madness ensue, and we sell out, it still gives people the option to buy tickets through TM the following day with regular sales.   Seemed like the least risky option for everyone. 

I have no intuition for that scenario being plausible.  I oscillate between this being massively successful and something approaching crickets.  It will, with certainty, be very very different. 

5 hours ago, nfitz said:

Question is, what will they be in November? Covid rates were similar on Ontario and BC 25 days ago, but since then they've gone up 10 times in BC, and only doubled in Ontario.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are playing in the USA in November ... or maybe Quebec, if their Covid passport is as effective as in France.

Rules will likely continue as is in BC. Its been 18 months so its kinda old news to us. We have a provincial government to the left of the federal government so they don't get the same scrutiny as other provinces. We'll keep doing what we're doing out here. Plus dont forget it doesn't get too cold out here so big protests are possible year round so I doubt they will dare getting too over the top at this point 

Mexico's fans will find a way to get their hands on tickets pretty much anywhere they play..they have such a passionate fanbase and their fans will overpay on the secondary market....the US for a while was able to keep a lot of Mexico fans out by playing in Columbus because its a smaller stadium limited ticket sales, out of the way place, fewer Mexican-Americans locally etc...but every year more and more El Tri fans found their way in, until it became basically a 50/50 crowd that last game

Winnipeg might be the best place to play it if you wanted to keep their fans from coming en masse..but as stated earlier its a big revenue generator for the CSA so I'd bet they'll play it in the stadium where they can have the biggest crowd..especially since in theory Canada doesnt expect to take points off Mexico

7 hours ago, An Observer said:

Does anyone know if the October tickets for Panama will be on sale on Monday or is this just the September matches?

No, they will not be on sale. 

Covid rules could shift. I would guess time frame like this, but not so tight. If there is a chance they can do this with no restrictions it is worth the wait.

9 minutes ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

Do we have any insight to the ticket limit and cost?

4 ticket limit. Tickets are in pods of 2 and 4.  We have a ticket exchange set up on the site for people find ticket buddies or unload extras.

Base price is $25 + <insert expletive here>

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic