World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place

Free kick

I think it's great that they include Edmonton and it is played with the MNT in different parts of Canada. My only concern is not seeing a packed Commonwealth stadium. 55k is a very high number. The last soccer game that had a large attendance was Canada vs Brazil in 1994 with about 51K fans.

Alphonso Davies, some good previous results and all the possible propaganda for the sale of tickets will be of great help.

31 minutes ago, xabuep2 said:

I think it's great that they include Edmonton and it is played with the MNT in different parts of Canada. My only concern is not seeing a packed Commonwealth stadium. 55k is a very high number. The last soccer game that had a large attendance was Canada vs Brazil in 1994 with about 51K fans.

Alphonso Davies, some good previous results and all the possible propaganda for the sale of tickets will be of great help.

What about Canada vs PR China at the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup. It was over 53K. I know it was a much bigger event (and the tournament opener) but with some good marketing, it's not impossible. 

Edited by boris4c

3 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

Would love to see the November game in Edmonton but attendance may be greatly effected by the weather.

12 hours ago, SpecialK said:

You could do it at the Big O

BC Place I think at this point is the better facility for the game this point. The Big O has the issues that we all know and would take a lot more effort to prepare it for such a big match. Who knows what the quality of the pitch is at this point they have there. 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The chances of any game being in the Big O are two: fat and none, for all the reasons stated above.

This is why you do not want the game anywhere near the Big O. It could be outright dangerous. Hopefully they have up graded the turf since 2016 when this picture was taken. 

image.jpeg.1f13a131eb2110a42e32b826bd7325f4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

BC Place I think at this point is the better facility for the game. The Big O has the issues that we all know and would take a lot more effort to prepare it for such a big match. Who knows what the quality of the pitch is at this point they have there. 

39 minutes ago, Tuscan said:

Anyone have any idea when general tickets for the Panama match at BMO will be released? Bringing the family, so we're going to sit as close to front row dead center of the East stand as we can.

I think the CSA are waiting to see if Ontario turns into Alberta and if further restrictions are imposed.

9 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I think the CSA are waiting to see if Ontario turns into Alberta and if further restrictions are imposed.

I just read today that MLSE plans to have full capacity for the Leaf's games from the start of this season (with the Covid passport in place).  NHL regular season starts on October 12th I think.  I can't imagine that the Leafs would be allowed full capacity indoors but the CMNT would be put into further restrictions at an outdoor event.  However, I feel like the Leafs have way more pull than the CMNT.

I also agree that I believe we are waiting until the last minute as much possible again just in case something changes. It just seems strange that MLSE would be rolling out full capacity for 41 home Leaf's games but would restrict the BMO capacity outdoors for a one time event. 

Understanding also that CSA is involved while the Leafs are entirely MLSE.

Edited by Corazon

1 hour ago, Tuscan said:

Anyone have any idea when general tickets for the Panama match at BMO will be released? Bringing the family, so we're going to sit as close to front row dead center of the East stand as we can.

Why would you do that to your wife and kid???  

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

I just read today that MLSE plans to have full capacity for the Leaf's games from the start of this season (with the Covid passport in place).  NHL regular season starts on October 12th I think.  I can't imagine that the Leafs would be allowed full capacity indoors but the CMNT would be put into further restrictions at an outdoor event.  However, I feel like the Leafs have way more pull than the CMNT.

I also agree that I believe we are waiting until the last minute as much possible again just in case something changes. It just seems strange that MLSE would be rolling out full capacity for 41 home Leaf's games but would restrict the BMO capacity outdoors for a one time event. 

Understanding also that CSA is involved while the Leafs are entirely MLSE.

... preseason games before Oct 12th. Vaccine proof required at both facilities so I agree can't see how BMO field would be restricted 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

It better happen there.  I bought a flight last week to Vancouver because prices are too good right now 

I bought a flight a while back, it was too good a price to not to pick it it up at $240 return from Toronto. Looking forward to it. 

• Admin locked this topic