World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place

Free kick

5 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

the fact we cant sell 15k is embarrassing,but at least we will probs outdraw the amount of people watching on ONE soccer

Has Sid Seixeiro put a plug for the game on Breakfast Television? If the CSA isn't going to pay for advertisement, Sid hyping the game would probably sell a couple hundred tickets to be people who have no idea it's being held. 

32 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

the fact we cant sell 15k is embarrassing,but at least we will probs outdraw the amount of people watching on ONE soccer

It is not great but as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, there are mitigating factors.  We will be close to 14,000 and hopefully higher.  Let’s make sure that the people who show up support the team as best as they are able.

I’d be more worried about the El Salvador game…sales aren’t as great for that one.

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It is not great but as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, there are mitigating factors.  We will be close to 14,000 and hopefully higher.  Let’s make sure that the people who show up support the team as best as they are able.

I’d be more worried about the El Salvador game…sales aren’t as great for that one.

lets hope we get 14k.thats almost a sellout.im thinking 12k 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Sales look pretty similar to me, and the ES game has an extra six days to sell.

(Unless you're talking about the south end, which has quite a few left over the ES game as of right now)

1 hour ago, RS said:

Sales look pretty similar to me, and the ES game has an extra six days to sell.

(Unless you're talking about the south end, which has quite a few left over the ES game as of right now)

That’s what I meant, sorry.  As @johnyb said, if we win against Honduras and get any result against the US, the tickets should move faster.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That’s what I meant, sorry.  As @johnyb said, if we win against Honduras and get any result against the US, the tickets should move faster.

I’ve got about 2700 left for El Salvador in my count including the south end. So that’s not that bad in comparison to the Honduras game. 

Just a bit under 2000 left for Honduras. So I think we get to 14K pretty easily, and very likely get to a sellout (or close enough for it not to matter). 

I have 4 tickets in section 204 side by side but I’m not able to make it. Looking to sell them and would rather sell to a Canadian fan over selling on Stub Hub if possible.

Let me know if interested!  

5 hours ago, johnyb said:

Once we dominate Honduras, El Salvador will sell out!!!

Couldn’t agree with this more. Canadian fans have yet to see what this team can really do, especially not on home soil. I’d argue these three games, with two home games and one on TSN, are the most important games of the whole WCQ. If you win these games, or atleast thé home games in convincing fashion, it should at this point be enough to build a little more trust and notoriety amongst the Canadian general public and hopefully will propel some more support/hype. Most of all respect, I think our team lack the respect most from EVERYONE including Canadians. I’m confident we will get that this window and so should others.

19 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

I’d argue these three games, with two home games and one on TSN, are the most important games of the whole WCQ.

Until the next window in October and we’re all freaking out again about those games being the most important, and then the window after that and then after that..

Knowing there will probably be a fair contingent of Honduras/Salvador fans, below 15k is very dissapointing. If Toronto can't do better, move all games to Vancouver. I'd rather we sacrifice the weather advantage instead of playing in front of a sparse half hostile crowd.

5 minutes ago, flip said:

Knowing there will probably be a fair contingent of Honduras/Salvador fans, below 15k is very dissapointing. If Toronto can't do better, move all games to Vancouver. I'd rather we sacrifice the weather advantage instead of playing in front of a sparse half hostile crowd.

It will be below 15,000 because the capacity is slightly less than that.  The capacity at BC Place is only 13,000.  

52 minutes ago, flip said:

The players dont want to fly an extra 5 hours to play on turf. Has nothing to do with weather advantage. 

1 hour ago, flip said:

We have no idea how many away team supporters are going to show up at this point, so there is no "knowing".

There is a weather advantage at BMO? 

If 7,500 away team supporters turn up then let's return to this conversation.

17 minutes ago, TFC07 said:

Why are these tickets so expensive? They're literally double the price to TFC tickets (for SSH at least)

They should be glad they have managed to sell out these game or at least close to selling out without marketing these games in a competitive market like Toronto

I wonder if the CSA took the view that with only limited capacity on offer, it makes more sense to keep the prices high and no need to spend any $ on marketing as word of mouth will likely get you to a sell out or close there to.  It seems they will be proven right

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

If the October home game does end up in Toronto you will most likely need to be double vaxxed to attend. 

The provincial government is announcing a vaccine mandate today.

Are they, or will it be delayed once again while they try to figure out what they are going to do without upsetting their base?😀

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic