World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place

Free kick

16 minutes ago, gator said:

With Shoeless being closed there hasn’t been any suggestions of an alternative, I’m hoping someone more local can figure something out!

With COVID restrictions et al there will be no "official" event pre-match.  We are just suggesting to find places in Liberty Village/Queen West etc and there will certainly be others there.

57 minutes ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

Any word on a spot to go beforehand?

There isn't one.  People are on their own until we can organize pre games in event venues when covid restrictions lift.

The bars in Liberty are packed all day, every day. 

We can't send 200+ people to a venue no one can get into.

15 hours ago, flip said:

Knowing there will probably be a fair contingent of Honduras/Salvador fans, below 15k is very dissapointing. If Toronto can't do better, move all games to Vancouver. I'd rather we sacrifice the weather advantage instead of playing in front of a sparse half hostile crowd.

You mean against the players requests?  Increase travel, jetleg and  time change for our top euro guys? Many of our top guys are literally on 48-72 hours rest. When I use to compete and rep the flag we would arrive 7+ days in advance to compete in Europe. 

I'm not even going to start on quality of field debate because it's a beaten drum. 

The reality is this cycle is going to be 100% about logistics, that's priority #1, with #1 priority qualify for the show by getting results. 

Vancouver will get a game, logistics #1 the one window makes sense. This window 100% east coast at the BMO fortress, with least amount of travel, where we get result after result is the right stadium, sell out or not, it's the right location.

15 hours ago, flip said:

Knowing there will probably be a fair contingent of Honduras/Salvador fans, below 15k is very dissapointing. If Toronto can't do better, move all games to Vancouver. I'd rather we sacrifice the weather advantage instead of playing in front of a sparse half hostile crowd.

Vancouver's max capacity is lower than Toronto right now and it didn't look like the caps did much better than TFC did. 

What weather advantage is there in September? 

The ticketing system is literally set up to not have people attend these games.  It's impossible for a person to buy a single ticket, or group tickets.  

2 hours ago, admin said:

Vancouver's max capacity is lower than Toronto right now and it didn't look like the caps did much better than TFC did. 

What weather advantage is there in September? 

The ticketing system is literally set up to not have people attend these games.  It's impossible for a person to buy a single ticket, or group tickets.  

Not having singles for this match presents challenges, especially when you get out of the south end the cheapest seat on TM is $57. That is not last minute whim for someone most of the time. Hopefully over time things move at least somewhat closer to the norm. 

9 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Not having singles for this match presents challenges, especially when you get out of the south end the cheapest seat on TM is $57. That is not last minute whim for someone most of the time. Hopefully over time things move at least somewhat closer to the norm. 

With vaccine passports/double doses required by the next game, I could see that being a possibility for the Panama game (assuming there isn’t an explosion in delta cases)

25 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

With vaccine passports/double doses required by the next game, I could see that being a possibility for the Panama game (assuming there isn’t an explosion in delta cases)

Hopefully it does because I believe it will be helpful in getting more people out. I ended up buying one of the few singles available when tickets initially went on sale. There were 3 in section 111 for instance. 

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

$57, but you need two.  So the cheapest way into the stadium right now is $121

13 hours ago, apbsmith said:

You mean against the players requests?  Increase travel, jetleg and  time change for our top euro guys? Many of our top guys are literally on 48-72 hours rest. When I use to compete and rep the flag we would arrive 7+ days in advance to compete in Europe. 

I'm not even going to start on quality of field debate because it's a beaten drum. 

The reality is this cycle is going to be 100% about logistics, that's priority #1, with #1 priority qualify for the show by getting results. 

Vancouver will get a game, logistics #1 the one window makes sense. This window 100% east coast at the BMO fortress, with least amount of travel, where we get result after result is the right stadium, sell out or not, it's the right location.

People keep saying this, but I can't recall any current member of the men's or women's teams, including coaches, publicly express a preference for any one location over another. Without resorting to "a guy I know spoke to Richie Laryea's cousin's girlfriend's dog" can anybody point to a credible source backing up this assertion?

For the record, I am glad for the CSA to take all logistical factors into account when scheduling matches. But the suggestion that all games should be played in just one region of a huge country is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

People keep saying this, but I can't recall any current member of the men's or women's teams, including coaches, publicly express a preference for any one location over another. Without resorting to "a guy I know spoke to Richie Laryea's cousin's girlfriend's dog" can anybody point to a credible source backing up this assertion?

For the record, I am glad for the CSA to take all logistical factors into account when scheduling matches. But the suggestion that all games should be played in just one region of a huge country is ridiculous.

Heard Kristian Jack say it at least half a dozen times, verbatim. My understanding is he's very well like the players, don't see him making that up.

I'm down in TO right now(travelled 8 hours) and have a full day of stuff scheduled, maybe someone else can find a direct link for ya, or I can post game. 

For the record, I don't care where the games are as long as we win :). 

17 hours ago, admin said:

$57, but you need two.  So the cheapest way into the stadium right now is $121

I just looked at Ticketmaster and there are a few singles shown at that price level (I think it said tax makes it $69, but it would still be better than being required to buy 2 of them).

Edited by Heepster

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic