World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place

Free kick

14 hours ago, RS said:

BMO’s winterized now due to hosting NHL in January, and has literally hosted soccer games in every other month of the year. 

That being said, I still think January will be at BC Place. 

There is no way this game is going anywhere else other than Vancouver, you are not freezing the US and result the home side. 

19 minutes ago, Cblake said:

There is no way this game is going anywhere else other than Vancouver, you are not freezing the US and result the home side. 

There's probably not much point freezing the US. But there are options - There's been soccer at BMO as late as December 10, and as early as February 26. But I expect Vancouver, unless there's an unexpected catastrophe or quarantine.

And of course, the Big O is an option - along with Rogers Centre if they wanted to put the money in for the pitch modifications.

3 minutes ago, MichaelAngel said:

Anywhere I can find tickets for the Canada vs El Salvador game ? ....

It’s for our Anniversary; and we couldn’t get the time off until today (and now it’s sold out on ticketmaster) 

I’m even willing to pay scalpers. Any chance I can find some At the stadium or even somewhere else ?

Is it a total sell out right now, minus some seats in section 126 that require a code. Who has that code at this point in time is anyone's guess. 

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

Idk by how soft some of these Americans sound in their interviews maybe we should put them in the coldest climate possible... just think of the potential post-game interviews if we beat them in the cold

7 hours ago, shorty said:

Both in Edmonton. Book every available indoor heated training facility for the entire window within 50km. Make them train on an outdoor middle school pitch in High Level. Without nets. 

i don't know. i might put THEM in the indoor facilities (without nets of course 😁) and crank up the heat to 30 degrees. ever sat in a sauna for an hour then jumped into an ice-cold pool? 🥶

This information is all IMHO

NOV 12 and 16 will be played at Edmonton  ...  Only 2 games in this window and no away games, so the travel is less and more beneficial for Canada especially when calling them from Europe.  So it would make sense to put in every effort to make it uncomfortable as possible for CRC and MEX fans especially when trying to maximize the crucial home points  ... IMHO, will be more difficult to away fans to get the tickets and handle the cold weather.

OCT vs Panama - unknown but is the last game on the 3 rounds, and would mostly like be either at BMO Field or at the O.  The main reason is less travel time from Carribean to Canada to Europe.  Keeping or being on the side of European Clubs is an important factor as Europe games will be the following week.  So I see this game being in the East Coast for sure (sorry Vancouver)

At this point, we will be left with 2 home games - vs USA (Jan) and Jamaica (Mar).  At this point, it all depends on the COVID restrictions if we are able to increase the crowd capacity.  Once again having the USA game anywhere in Canada will invariable bring a large USA fans.  Jamaica game in March is a pivot point depending where we are in the standings, have we clinched it already or not, do we need every points as possible ?  If we do need points, then I can see this game going out to the west to either Edmonton or Vancouver to reduce as much as away fans as possible.

Edited by Jedi Ram

3 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

NOV 12 and 16 will be played at Edmonton  ...  Only 2 games in this window and no away games, so the travel is less and more beneficial for Canada especially when calling them from Europe.  So it would make sense to put in every effort to make it uncomfortable as possible for CRC and MEX fans especially when trying to maximize the crucial home points  ... IMHO, will be more difficult to away fans to get the tickets and handle the cold weather.

OCT vs Panama - unknown but is the last game on the 3 rounds, and would mostly like be either at BMO Field or at the O.  The main reason is less travel time from Carribean to Canada to Europe.  Keeping or being on the side of European Clubs is an important factor as Europe games will be the following week.  So I see this game being in the East Coast for sure (sorry Vancouver)

At this point, we will be left with 2 home games - vs USA (Jan) and Jamaica (Mar).  At this point, it all depends on the COVID restrictions if we are able to increase the crowd capacity.  Once again having the USA game anywhere in Canada will invariable bring a large USA fans.  Jamaica game in March is a pivot point depending where we are in the standings, have we clinched it already or not, do we need every points as possible ?  If we do need points, then I can see this game going out to the west to either Edmonton or Vancouver to reduce as much as away fans as possible.

Don’t think USA game can be anywhere but Vancouver because of weather.  

13 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

Panama in October is already confirmed at BMO

1 hour ago, Jedi Ram said:

I think Van in January is clear. Weather-wise and in terms of showing off our 3 host cities to FIFA. March I'd expect to come back to Toronto. At the end of the day, like it or not, that's homebase now.

As for away fans, I know its an issue, and will be on full display tonight. However, all we can hope for is that the team picks up steam with each match and that the tickets will sell themselves with success. As a fan base, we need to be less insecure about other fans coming to our venues. Even with a sizeable away presence, the Honduran fans didn't even come close to overpowering our crowd at BMO

19 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

March I'd expect to come back to Toronto. At the end of the day, like it or not, that's homebase now.

Toronto has the most travel options from Europe and Ont. is home for lots of players, but if we need points against Jamaica, I'd really like to see that game somewhere other than the city with, by far, our largest Jamaican community.

Edited by Rivaldo

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic