GC: Canada vs Mexico - Thursday, July 29th, 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific - Houston TX

1 minute ago, narduch said:

How Mexico sees us.

I just can’t decide between Canada Dry and eggnog for my refreshment during the game.  Both go so well with fiddleheads.  

(But if I am being honest, I love fiddleheads and could totally go for a ginger ale after a sunny boat day with beers today…) 

10 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Was hoping for Corbeanu

Same here... we're not going to get many good scoring chances. Who do you trust to bury the very few that comes our way?

I wish it was Corbeanu as well.

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

Same here... we're not going to get many good scoring chances. Who do you trust to bury the very few that comes our way?

I wish it was Corbeanu as well.

I really don't get where this is coming from... Corbeanu's thing is his size combined with his technical abilities. He's not considered to be a great finisher. He has 5 goals in 21 games at the youth level.

We all love Theo, but our wings are already cemented, and he's not all that convincing as a striker. 

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

I know this isn’t really the right place, and I know that there are criticisms that aren’t completely without basis, but damn I feel like I am getting my money’s worth from my OneSoccer subscription this year.  

Agreed. CPL continuing. Concacaf League + Champions Leauge. Voyageurs Cup kicking off soon. And of course WCQ. Noticed they also confirmed they will be showing Lille games again too, starting Aug. 8.

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I know this isn’t really the right place, and I know that there are criticisms that aren’t completely without basis, but damn I feel like I am getting my money’s worth from my OneSoccer subscription this year.  

This and the WCQ and Olympic Qualifiers and the Lille games over the winter have made it a great investment for me.

20 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

I really don't get where this is coming from... Corbeanu's thing is his size combined with his technical abilities. He's not considered to be a great finisher. He has 5 goals in 21 games at the youth level.

We all love Theo, but our wings are already cemented, and he's not all that convincing as a striker. 

Exactly. The position is for a hold up center forward. Cavallini is excellent there, David and Larin are great there, but after that no one else on the roster can fill in. That's why Akinola was a huge callup

26 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Problem is.  The OneSoccer app is not very good in my opinion.  I have had subscriptions briefly to other streaming web services like LiveBasketballTV and the DAZN.  OneSoccer is by far the worst from a user friendly standpoint.  

last week I spent almost an hour (inside the App) trying to figure out where the link is and where to go in order to renew my expired subscription.  

Edited by Free kick

41 minutes ago, Senorpopps said:

Does One Soccer work in the states? I was legit just watching the Qatar-USA game when the feed cut out and said that the stream is unavailable in my region.

It's happened to me twice that I got that message at halftime b/c I didn't have my VPN on. All good once VPN on.

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Problem is.  The OneSoccer app is not very good in my opinion.  I have had subscriptions briefly to other streaming web services like LiveBasketball and the DAZN.  OneSoccer is by far the worst from a user friendly standpoint

Like I said, I think there are fair criticisms.  But for $75 over the course of a year, this is a no brainer.  And given the terrible streams we have used in past years (when they were even available) I will take it - warts and all.