I can't shake that Honduras feeling...

Hawkguy

16 hours ago, JamboAl said:

This is much improved team in a better situation.  
But yeah, the horrors of 8-1 can never be removed.

In Vancouver at halftime in the 2015 WCQ that finished 1-0, I was shouting (friendly greetings, of course) in Spanish at the Honduras as they headed down the tunnel. One of them looked up at me, and smiled as he crossed his arms in front of him, holding up five fingers on one hand and three on the other. "Ocho-uno" he mouthed back at me.

Edited by nolando

8 minutes ago, nolando said:

In Vancouver at halftime in the 2015 WCQ that finished 1-0, I was shouting (friendly greetings, of course) in Spanish at the Honduras as they headed down the tunnel. One of them looked up at me, and smiled as he crossed his arms in front of him, holding up five fingers in one hands and three in the other. "Ocho-uno" he mouthed back at me.

Somebody should burn that warlock to the stakes LOL.

After we beat Haiti to progress to the final round...

You never get the flu anymore and lose 8-1 to Honduras

And you don't take the lead then let Quioto score in San Pedro Sula

You're trying hard not to show it,

But baby, baby I know it

You lost that Honduras feeling!

Whoa, that Honduras feeling

You lost that Honduras feeling

Now it's gone, gone, gone, whoa-oh

1 hour ago, A_Gagne said:

do you know who isn't allowed?

Jhony Placide - Haiti's starting keeper. Played last match. Will be a miss for them. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johny_Placide

Alex Christian Junior - Started last match in center midfield.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Junior_Christian

Canejy Antoine - Started last match for Haiti at forward. Looks like he was a new recruit from France, because he made his debut in 2021 and only has 3 caps at the age of 31.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnejy_Antoine

So that's 3 starters missing from last match. Not sure who "Martin Experience" is...seems like that's the fourth player missing. 

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, nolando said:

In Vancouver at halftime in the 2015 WCQ that finished 1-0, I was shouting (friendly greetings, of course) in Spanish at the Honduras as they headed down the tunnel. One of them looked up at me, and smiled as he crossed his arms in front of him, holding up five fingers in one hands and three in the other. "Ocho-uno" he mouthed back at me.

mic drop GIF

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

It’s sad that they did it so they could just throw Stephan Hart out there with a Halifax CPL gear on. It was not necessary at all. Just a stupid way to promote CPL and get the fans pissed off 

I actually "enjoyed" the piece, in that I found it very interesting to hear Hart's and Hume's comments and to see the footage again, including that "damage limitation" halftime interview with McKenna and to hear a very sad Gerry Dobson. 

Of course it hurts.  It will never not. 

It puts a damper on the current enthusiasm, but it also reminds us that we have been in this "just don't lose" situation before. 

Now let's go exorcise those demons. 

Edited by sstackho

2 hours ago, El Diego said:

After we beat Haiti to progress to the final round...

You never get the flu anymore and lose 8-1 to Honduras

And you don't take the lead then let Quioto score in San Pedro Sula

You're trying hard not to show it,

But baby, baby I know it

You lost that Honduras feeling!

Whoa, that Honduras feeling

You lost that Honduras feeling

Now it's gone, gone, gone, whoa-oh

Love it!

I can imagine the background singers singing, "Blow it, don't blow it, don't blow it, don't blow it, blow it!"

Well done 🤣

Edited by BearcatSA

1 hour ago, Strait Red said:

5046BA42-E326-428C-8D02-45ABE99A4B7C.jpeg

Of the 4 players listed

Placide and Christian both started and played 90.

Antoine started and played a half.

Experience DNP’d

The wording here confuses me are these four not going to be a part of the game or are they arriving tomorrow?

7 minutes ago, VinceA said:

The wording here confuses me are these four not going to be a part of the game or are they arriving tomorrow?

1 player can't enter the US at all - Martin Experience.

The other 3 players will arrive 1 day late.

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

The other 3 players will arrive 1 day late.

The question being whether or not the 3 late arrivals will be there in time for proper COVID 19 protocols or if we will see a mini "Haiti at Olympic Qualifying" or "Cayman Islands" type situation where those 3 guys get excluded because FIFA and CONCACAF, as we have seen, are strict.

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The question being whether or not the 3 late arrivals will be there in time for proper COVID 19 protocols or if we will see a mini "Haiti at Olympic Qualifying" or "Cayman Islands" type situation where those 3 guys get excluded because FIFA and CONCACAF, as we have seen, are strict.

I'm sure they'll be fine - we arrived on Friday for the away tie.

2 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

And I believe 1 of them is Johnny Placide, their keeper.

4 hours ago, MtlMario said:

Come and lay down on the couch my child and we'll talk about it............................................................................................... ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................IT'S A DONE DEAL, Don't worry.😂

I mean, 9 years ago I was pretty confident that we could park the bus and get a tie. And we lost 8-1 lol

6 hours ago, gator said:

Did OneSoccer's ill timed post match feature on 8-1 stir up the demons in some of you? That match means nothing now, let's get to the next round and we can double Honduras, that will exorcise some of the demons, I am still pissed at OneSoccer's decision to air that feature right after a positive first leg result!

Nah, I didn't catch it. I was driving to work during the second half (listening to the OneSoccer feed over bluetooth). The game finished just 2 minutes before my shift started.