TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

7 minutes ago, Shway said:

Oh yea, and I also pray Ali Curtis gets these next moves right, because he has a loottt of money to play with. And I don’t want to see TFC return to the past of the ever rotating door of managers and players.

TFC might be on the market for 3 DPs.

I don't trust the current management with that.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

TFC might be on the market for 3 DPs.

I don't trust the current management with that.

I don't think Curtis has gotten a fair shake yet, considering the regime he came under. Just like Chris Armas.
They inherited a lot of aging guys, in which Vanney knew was a ship going under and bailed out quickly like Alex Ferguson did. 

Armas was trying to implement a system with a bunch of guys who didn't want to adapt to it. It goes to the saying of "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", and I'll tell you what, TFC has a lot of old dogs that they will finally get rid of. 

Reality is TFC has nearly 2M in general cap space. TAM space, and possibly 2DP slots. 

This offseason will be really interesting on all fronts. Old guys leaving, new guys coming in, young player retention.

23 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Toronto starting 5 Canadians today… weird. Not sure what they see in Dwyer but hey fuck scoring goals right…

doesnt Peruzza have more than him in like 1/10 the time ?

Did Dwyer touch the ball in the entire game? I did not see it happen. But really, I wasn't even watching that close.

From what I've read elsewhere they are seriously considering calling it the Lower Division League, which seems a bit odd in marketing terms. Doubt Bob Bradley (presumably) would have wanted Curtis around so no shock there. They need to clear out the old regime and let the new guy be coach-GM initially and hire his own team to hit the reset button.

36 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Maybe they do mean business. Manning can't have a long leash with the contract they just gave Curtis not to long ago. Add Curtis buyout with Armas and now Altidore.... I know MLSE has mountains of money but it isn't a good look. 

Onward and upward. 

Manning has to go to. Wtf. 
This guy road the curtails of Bez, and should be choking on that leash.

2 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Maybe they do mean business. Manning can't have a long leash with the contract they just gave Curtis not to long ago. Add Curtis buyout with Armas and now Altidore.... I know MLSE has mountains of money but it isn't a good look. 

Onward and upward. 

You know whats coming down the pipe???  Bradley and Bradley, father and son partners in dual Manager/Gm combo.  They've had a few days to talk to Bob about it and he pulled a Herdman... you better shitcan everyone in that front office because if i am coming....i want both jobs and my son as an assistant.