TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

I'm assuming that Insigne's agent could also be the agent for another player. Him moving to TFC makes no sense for him and none for TFC unless they get rid of the DP they currently have who plays the exact same position (Soteldo). I mean, I'd be fine with that but won't be holding my breath expecting it to happen.

16 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

I imagine those are team options but I am not sure. 

you are correct they are teams options.

https://mlsplayers.org/news/free-agency-list-released

Gotta believe all those guys are gone except Osorio who's option will most definitely be picked up, unless he has plans to leave.

I thought Jozys contract was up this year....or is it, and this list is only for potential free agents and free agents. 

1 minute ago, Shway said:

you are correct they are teams options.

https://mlsplayers.org/news/free-agency-list-released

Gotta believe all those guys are gone except Osorio who's option will most definitely be picked up, unless he has plans to leave.

I thought Jozys contract was up this year....or is it, and this list is only for potential free agents and free agents. 

Jozy still has one more I believe. That's why there is talk about using the one buyout they get on him for next year. 

7 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Jozy still has one more I believe. That's why there is talk about using the one buyout they get on him for next year. 

ahh I see. Still think Ali is going to have a lot of cap space to play with.

Gallardo: $331,913.00
Endoh: $105,333.00
Morrow: $125,000.00
Mullins: $248,329.00
DeLeon: $263,242.00
Gonzales: $1,055,936.00
Zavaleta: $115,503.00

They'll have about $2M to play with, and not including if Jozy gets dumped. 
Bradleys 1.5M, and Shellgados 580K are also glaring problems to me.

I'm fine with another building year if it means really getting rid of deadwood and giving academy products bigger roles.

8 minutes ago, Shway said:

ahh I see. Still think Ali is going to have a lot of cap space to play with.

Gallardo: $331,913.00
Endoh: $105,333.00
Morrow: $125,000.00
Mullins: $248,329.00
DeLeon: $263,242.00
Gonzales: $1,055,936.00
Zavaleta: $115,503.00

They'll have about $2M to play with, and not including if Jozy gets dumped. 
Bradleys 1.5M, and Shellgados 580K are also glaring problems to me.

I'm fine with another building year if it means really getting rid of deadwood and giving academy products bigger roles.

Gallardo is still on the books for next year???

3 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

I don’t see him on that option list or free agent list so I’m worried lol. 

The way i understand that list is that its guys who have team options, but if the team doesn't pick up their option they are free agents. And then there is the guys who are just simply free agents at the end of the season.

For example (I'm sure) Gallardo is has a team option, but he won't be a free agent if TFC don't excercise it because he hasn't qualified for it. Julian Dunn his contract I believe is up this year, or may have an option but again because he doesn't qualify for free agency. His rights will still be owned by TFC.

7 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

Gallardo is still on the books for next year???

Not eligible to be a free agent, will probably show up in one of the three MLS distribution drafts, waiver, re-entry phase one and re-entry phase 2 and then be gone. 

Edit: According to Transfermarkt his contract ends on November 30, 2021

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM