Pacific FC - 2021 Season Thread

ted

3 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

If I make it for the September 25th match against Forge, you guys might not want me there 😉

I can promise no seat breaking or smoke though. 😂

Nah, we always have beer and food for visitors before and after the game. We try to live by the ethos, "enemies for 90 minutes, friends for life". Heck that's why our Supporters group name is one big "take the piss". 

6 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

Congratulations to Pacific! That was a gutsy performance in a classic game. I think that VWFC was outworked for the most part. Well done! To Pacific FC fans, talk this up and get your buddies and co-workers out to Starlight Stadium to see some games. This is a good opportunity to grow the brand on the Island.

It will be very disappointing if there isn't a bump in attendance over the next couple of games. The opportunity should be there to convert curious eyes into committed supporters in the long term.

Looks like September will be the toughest month for Pacific. They've got 6 games in 20 days coming up that includes 2 against Cavalry and an away game against Forge.

TMG and Blasco have eased back into the roster and dos Santos' suspension should be over after the next match so the depth is there. Anyone hear when Bustos is expected back?

• 3 weeks later...

So PFC fans?

I am wondering if you are like me. I would prefer to see PFC win every match and run away with the CPL, and for successive seasons. Win the Voyageurs Cup or get close, qualify for Concacaf Champions. 

While I'd be happy to see the rest of the 7 CPL teams in a 7-way tie for second place and picking up the crumbs in all competitions, more or less indefinitely. This is the one reason why I want to see At Ottawa or FCE get wins, to even things out below; as well as to ensure the overall health of the league.

Anyone else?

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So PFC fans?

I am wondering if you are like me. I would prefer to see PFC win every match and run away with the CPL, and for successive seasons. Win the Voyageurs Cup or get close, qualify for Concacaf Champions. 

While I'd be happy to see the rest of the 7 CPL teams in a 7-way tie for second place and picking up the crumbs in all competitions, more or less indefinitely. This is the one reason why I want to see At Ottawa or FCE get wins, to even things out below; as well as to ensure the overall health of the league.

Anyone else?

Sounds about right. More home games against MLS and Liga MX opposition leading to great crowds like the one for the Whitecaps. Canmnt friendlies at Starlight in the run to 2026. Throw some good coin at Pa so he stays and becomes a club legend. Maybe Josh, Rob and Dean offer him a stake. 

Edited by shorty

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So PFC fans?

Anyone else?

Yup. Guys like us with long memories still worry that if a team is a cellar-dweller, or regularly  uncompetitive or dull, even) for more than a season or two that it could have really dangerous consequences for the whole league. Your seven way tie for second wish has real merit. Edmonton scares me the most, for instance.

PFC have been very fun to follow, even very casuallyfrom afar as I have.

17 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Why in the world can't we beat Forge. 75% of our losses this season have been against them

I think it is simply down to the Hamilton defence under Bobby. He built a big back line that our generally smaller offence cannot get around. 

5 hours ago, ted said:

I think it is simply down to the Hamilton defence under Bobby. He built a big back line that our generally smaller offence cannot get around. 

In 8 games it's now 7 losses, and 1 tie. In those games we've scored 5 and conceded 19. Are there any other CPL matchups so lopsided?

On 9/25/2021 at 2:42 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

So PFC fans?

LOL, I would just like to win something and be in the hunt for the double.