Pacific FC - 2021 Season Thread

ted

It was definitely an interesting time in the bubble. Lots to be happy/positive about. Points wise it is a good start to the year. A few players, like Heard and Bassett have been better than I anticipated. I think it is also important to point out that Blasco should be back at some point. Baldisimo, Aparicio, and TMG all missed most of the games with injuries (all are regular starters). So, there is still a whole next level if everyone can stay healthy. Lots of squad competition. 

My main concern, as is always noted in relation to Pacific, is the soft goals, poor game management, and just wild inconsistency in form. Similarly, I used to blame it on inexperience, but kind of hard to do that now. I also think that we need more from Diaz and Campbell consistently. Hat-trick aside, Diaz does not really seem like a threat to score. Campbell has been so snake bitten since year one, if he gets his touch back though, watch out. 

35 minutes ago, ktf said:

It was definitely an interesting time in the bubble. Lots to be happy/positive about. Points wise it is a good start to the year. A few players, like Heard and Bassett have been better than I anticipated. I think it is also important to point out that Blasco should be back at some point. Baldisimo, Aparicio, and TMG all missed most of the games with injuries (all are regular starters). So, there is still a whole next level if everyone can stay healthy. Lots of squad competition. 

My main concern, as is always noted in relation to Pacific, is the soft goals, poor game management, and just wild inconsistency in form. Similarly, I used to blame it on inexperience, but kind of hard to do that now. I also think that we need more from Diaz and Campbell consistently. Hat-trick aside, Diaz does not really seem like a threat to score. Campbell has been so snake bitten since year one, if he gets his touch back though, watch out. 

I think Blasco had to self-isolate back in Canada, after returning to Spain for his father's passing, so they just decided he would not join the bubble. Very tough. 

I also would say that being back in Langford will help settle the team a bit.

But you are right that if the first year the team gave up soft goals because we had kids playing, and we forgave them for it (also, I believe, because we have never had a really top keeper), now we really do not have the same excuse.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, VinceA said:
Does anyone know more about this situation? Apparently someone got banned from the stadium and was harassed and ran off Twitter?

I was there and witnessed the whole thing from the supporters end. As well I have heard from the President of the LSBs.

Here is what happened:

Before the game: Travelling Eddies fans (good on them, always fun to see) were made aware of the stadium's smoke polices. Our President reviewed these policies at the stadium, showed them where the ONLY area approved for smoke is located and offered to let them use our metal "fire bucket" where all flares must be disposed of safely. [Too hospitable if you ask me but whatever.]

During the game: The Eddies scored and one RVV member [edit: he's not RVV] chose to pop smoke in the main stand where they were sitting, in contravention of the rules. Team staff approached as did our President who carried our fire bucket from the supporters section into the main stand to try and provide proper disposal. Instead the DICK (as he will now be referred to) chose to drop the flare on the stand causing damage. At some point the DICK [edit: again not him but someone with him] broke one of the seats as well.

So to recap, a member of RVV vandalized the stadium and put ALL smoke displays at risk. The DICK also brought ALL supporters groups into disrepute when we are still barely tolerated in some stadiums across the country.

Hopefully the DICK is banned from Starlight and sanctioned by FC Edmonton as well. He deserves whatever he gets.

Edited by ted
corrections

8 minutes ago, ted said:

I was there and witnessed the whole thing from the supporters end. As well I have heard from the President of the LSBs.

Here is what happened:

Before the game: Travelling Eddies fans (good on them, always fun to see) were made aware of the stadium's smoke polices. Our President reviewed these policies at the stadium, showed them where the ONLY area approved for smoke is located and offered to let them use our metal "fire bucket" where all flares must be disposed of safely. [Too hospitable if you ask me but whatever.]

During the game: The Eddies scored and one RVV member chose to pop smoke in the main stand where they were sitting, in contravention of the rules. Team staff approached as did our President who carried our fire bucket from the supporters section into the main stand to try and provide proper disposal. Instead the DICK (as he will now be referred to) chose to drop the flare on the stand causing damage. At some point the DICK broke one of the seats as well.

So to recap, a member of RVV vandalized the stadium and put ALL smoke displays at risk. The DICK also brought ALL supporters groups into disrepute when we are still barely tolerated in some stadiums across the country.

Hopefully the DICK is banned from Starlight and sanctioned by FC Edmonton as well. He deserves whatever he gets.

This was a response on Reddit:

It was an FC Edmonton supporter. He posted a picture of a seat broken and some residual colour on concrete from a smoke bomb on Twitter. Then he got accused of doing both (some even suggesting that the colour was spray paint) despite the official FCEd social media accounts posting videos of someone else with the smoke bomb.

From what it seems it was an FCE supporter but not the one who posted the picture and received harassment. Unless you are saying that it's the same guy.

21 minutes ago, VinceA said:

From what it seems it was an FCE supporter but not the one who posted the picture and received harassment. Unless you are saying that it's the same guy.

This is the guy who had the flare. Is he Dallas Walker?

RVV_flareguy.PNG

3 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

The travelling Edmonton supporters clearly arrived with intent on antagonizing other team's supporters (Pacific and Cavalry at the very least). No clue if this Dallas guy was part of it, but there were only a handful of them.

They did a great job in 2019, managed to make more noise than we did several times at a poorly attended game for us.

This time they wanted to be "hooligans" and decided that swearing a lot in the main stand was cool. LOL

1 minute ago, masster said:

No. This is not Dallas Walker. I've seen this guy a bunch in Vancouver in the past at various matches.

Great, so the DICK is some wannabe ex-Edmontonian? 

Dallas Walker is also a real prize. Here is what they posted:

image0.JPG

2 minutes ago, stevieeatworld said:

Wannabe Ex-edmontonian dick here.

Posted my reply on the reddit thread. 

You're making a lot of shit up Ted. 

Hope we meet at the next game :)

Literally just got finished reading about how you are not a member of RVV and neither is this Dallas asshat and apparently it was a FCE staff member who broke the seat. I hope RVV isn't punished for your juvenile behaviour.

Happy to see you at the next game where you can play hooligan tough-guy, if you can get into the stadium long enough to say hello.

And what kind of coward has to go on REDDIT to reply to something here? LOL

I was only aware of the reddit thread so I decided to reply on there with our take on what actually happened. Sorry that I didn't take the proper procedure and thus making me a coward. You definitely sound like an all around great guy and I'm sorry this experience has soured what could have been an amazing friendship between us. 

Best of luck rest of the season buddy

1 hour ago, xcalibre said:

You gonna edit that one a few times too? Or not making sh*t up this time?

Also, swearing in a supporters' section is bad now? Gimme a break...

I made corrections openly as new information was available. I did not try and hide anything and I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong.

As for your error, the Edmonton fans were specifically NOT in a "supporters" section. As I have said repeatedly, they were in the main stands and stadium staff received complaints. 

1 hour ago, ted said:

I made corrections openly as new information was available. I did not try and hide anything and I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong.

As for your error, the Edmonton fans were specifically NOT in a "supporters" section. As I have said repeatedly, they were in the main stands and stadium staff received complaints. 

So blame whoever works in ticketing and put them there. The tickets were bought with the caveat that it was for Edmonton fans looking for a section.

Obviously corrections are welcome, ideally you shouldn't need them after a rambling "here's what happened." post where you accuse people of breaking things

15 hours ago, xcalibre said:

So blame whoever works in ticketing and put them there. The tickets were bought with the caveat that it was for Edmonton fans looking for a section.

Obviously corrections are welcome, ideally you shouldn't need them after a rambling "here's what happened." post where you accuse people of breaking things

And those Edmonton fans were well aware that they were NOT seated in the "Supporters" section and that Stadium rules do not allow for smoke where they were seated.

They broke things and eventually I was able to provide some clarity on which dumbass did what. Your characterization of my report as a, "rambling" accusation minimizes their vandalism for which they have yet to offer anything like an actual apology. They broke stadium rules, league policies, and possibly municipal bylaws, and in doing so endangered the privileges of Supporters groups across the league.

But sure, keep coming after me for telling the truth.

Edited by ted
spelling

Omg. Won't someone think of the municipal bylaws??

And "they"? So I suppose you're responsible for anything a Pacific supporter does? Or we can be like you and just blame Ted for it until someone else points out that we have the wrong guy?

I know you're about 0 for 5 with the barefaced lies here but I was sitting there and no one told me it wasn't a "supporters section", I assumed that's where they dump the away fans given how many FCE shirts were in the area

Trying to figure out the Edmonton fans approach here. Regardless of whether it was me or not, if I was at an FC Edmonton game and a PFC fan caused that damage, I'd be embarrassed for us collectively. Is it so hard to just say, "ya it wasn't me, sorry stuff got broken, you blew a two goal lead haha, next time I hope we behave better/follow the rules."  It is not that hard to be a travelling supporter, and as someone who was not there (but regularly attends), it is pretty clearly not a supporters sections and they let you know you can't release smoke. 

And yes mock the municipal bylaws and the rules, but it is a family event for many (myself included), and following them keeps the experience fun for all.