Pacific FC - 2021 Season Thread

ted

34 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i only caught bits and pieces of the game the other night, but it seemed like pac missed hojabrpour in that holding centre-mid spot. he quietly seems like a real linchpin for that club when he's in there.

I think he's crucial to our press. He's excellent at timing his challenge to force a turnover and win the ball far up the pitch. He distributes quite well and he's calm in possession as well. I was singing his praises in year 1 and I was surprised when he lost his starting role in PEI

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that Pacific will keep Kah beyond this season. Might well even see him switching to the opposition tonight. He is simply a class act and exactly what you want for young players. Enigmatic, charismatic, inspiring and a resume to back it up. Legend.

Also...props to Manny/Dixon but what the heck happened with Heard. He is in a different class to 2020. Incredible.

What a game! Without Bustos as well, makes it even sweeter. 

One thing this year for PFC, that has just progressed significantly, is depth. In the first year and even last year, we were one injury away from it being real dicey. However, this year we consistently have guys, not even on the bench, who I wouldn't mind starting. 

Just a few injury inquires for those in the know...

I hope this was rest for Bustos?

Is Wirth hurt? (Village keeps backing up).

What is with Baldisimo? He was hurt, but is he not back yet. Is he just that out of the lineup right now?

Also Bassett seems to have disappeared a bit? 

10 minutes ago, ktf said:

The absence of Bustos encouraged everybody else to step up and they did. Bustos would have been the obvious guy on whom to focus defensively. Whitecap defenders may have had a tougher time because Bustos was not there to be the focus of every Pacific attack.

18 minutes ago, ktf said:

One thing this year for PFC, that has just progressed significantly, is depth. In the first year and even last year, we were one injury away from it being real dicey. However, this year we consistently have guys, not even on the bench, who I wouldn't mind starting. 

Just a few injury inquires for those in the know...

I hope this was rest for Bustos?

Is Wirth hurt? (Village keeps backing up).

What is with Baldisimo? He was hurt, but is he not back yet. Is he just that out of the lineup right now?

Also Bassett seems to have disappeared a bit? 

I thought the same thing. Blasco was decent in the first year, and Wero Diaz on the bench is just bullying the opponent. I also really liked Dada-Luke.