Pacific FC - 2021 Season Thread

ted

They look to be leaving some spots for youth, for tryouts, since they really should have 23. Missing six or so. 

We don't know yet if we will be on 5 changes or three. And if the gameday bench will be 18, 21, 23 like in some leagues now. If you have 5 that allows you to go with more on the bench gameday, and I am in favour of having packed benches with kids dressing too, since in certain matches they will get minutes and experience that 3 changes may not make possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 8:30 PM, Aird25 said:

Can this really be a complete roster? We only have 17 players, and none of the internationals that are supposed to come through that agency 

Maybe we really are done. There hasn’t been a peep from the club in ages

I didn't get round to watching yet but didn't One Soccer do a bunch of interviews a couple of days ago with all of the coaches. Looked like there was one with Kah. Maybe there was something in that?

Update Edit: https://canpl.ca/article/pacific-fc-prioritizing-continuity-for-young-squad-will-add-another-couple-of-pieces 

Edited by toontownman

Anybody heard any backstory on the Verho(e)vens?

I heard something about Zach not getting along with Pa, but that’s it. Nothing about what the disagreement was, where he’s going, etc. He showed so well the year before that you would think someone would have picked him up, unless there was really bad behaviour or he has some other plan like finishing school.

Heard zero on Noah and why he’s unsigned. Injury or health issue?

Anyone with any intel?

I really liked Zach and thought he was a bright spot. The commentators seemed to be constantly saying he wasn't following instructions and need more discipline last year, if I recall correctly?  If true maybe Kah just didn't want him.

Noah just seemed to fall off last year and didn't play half as much as I thought he would. Dixon was a calming factor and experience they needed in CM but still thought there would be room for Noah. Possibly off to York (just started following Angus - in York thread).

I thought Baldisimo was excellent last season too. To be honest I don't see either Noah or Zach in the starting XI much, unless they improve. Both are excellent depth pieces though, and I'd be sad to see either of them go.

Not much new information in this article from today, but it certainly doesn't sound like this required international player rule is true.

https://canpl.ca/article/pacific-fc-prioritizing-continuity-for-young-squad-will-add-another-couple-of-pieces

Westhills being renamed Starlight Stadium after ~$150,000 a year investment from Toronto company Starlight. 85% to the club, 15% to the city. I wish it was someone local but the revenue should help. 

It’s a 5 year deal with two 5 year options. That feels like a hell of a long term deal compared to the 12 month deals we offer our players. Let’s hope  it works out

On 1/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, Aird25 said:

Not much new information in this article from today, but it certainly doesn't sound like this required international player rule is true.

The way i read the rule is that if you have 7 internationals then 4 have to be U23 (I think at the start of the season) the teams are not being forced to carry internationals.

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Westhills being renamed Starlight Stadium after ~$150,000 a year investment from Toronto company Starlight. 85% to the club, 15% to the city. I wish it was someone local but the revenue should help. 

It’s a 5 year deal with two 5 year options. That feels like a hell of a long term deal compared to the 12 month deals we offer our players. Let’s hope  it works out

It’s ranging from 75k to 150k, probably scales up per year.

Not sure where else can get a stadium sponsor but it’s great for the league and Pacific, Valour lost like 300k in year one, I’m assuming PAC was in that range also, so this would put a nice dent in those loses. They will need more but gotta start somewhere.

Good..will help them survive..for valour they cant keep losing hundreds of thousands and cfl team probably had important losses last year..in any case if they continue with such losses they will probably look to sell valour to the private side

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

It’s ranging from 75k to 150k, probably scales up per year.

Not sure where else can get a stadium sponsor but it’s great for the league and Pacific, Valour lost like 300k in year one, I’m assuming PAC was in that range also, so this would put a nice dent in those loses. They will need more but gotta start somewhere.

Pacific built a stadium, a training facility and ran a downtown store in an extremely expensive city. I have to think their operating costs have been very high. It’s been pretty quiet from the club lately so I love to see continued interest and commitment in the project

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

Good..will help them survive..for valour they cant keep losing hundreds of thousands and cfl team probably had important losses last year..in any case if they continue with such losses they will probably look to sell valour to the private side

The city owns valour ?

45 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Pacific built a stadium, a training facility and ran a downtown store in an extremely expensive city. I have to think their operating costs have been very high. It’s been pretty quiet from the club lately so I love to see continued interest and commitment in the project

I believe it’s been reported that the team is peanuts for their ownerships. These guys can burn the cash for awhile. (500k or more is like nothing to them) not talking 10s of millions a year but if they’re loosing say 500k (minus the facility and building the stadium) they’ll be fine.

valour is community owned..concerning pacific its mistakenly thought that they are big money..shillington manages money for companies..very different then owning..also has coffee shops..then theres friend and simpson..they dont have the money to lose that much year after year..and again impact of corona cannot be underestimated..a lot of pro teams in trouble because revenues not there or owners businesses not doing well

18 hours ago, Aird25 said:

The company is developing in Victoria, and not surprisingly, in Langford-Colwood. 

https://www.timescolonist.com/real-estate/new-development-would-straddle-colwood-and-langford-1.24148909

Basically it's a kickback for permits and zoning in a developer-friendly environment in a metropolitan area that is losing control of planning criteria.

30 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The company is developing in Victoria, and not surprisingly, in Langford-Colwood. 

https://www.timescolonist.com/real-estate/new-development-would-straddle-colwood-and-langford-1.24148909

Basically it's a kickback for permits and zoning in a developer-friendly environment in a metropolitan area that is losing control of planning criteria.

Doesn’t the mayor own all the municipal services? I wonder why he’s so pro-development...

16 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I'm pretty sure Langford built the stadium and paid for it's expansion, unless Pacific built another stadium I'm unaware of.