Pacific FC - 2021 Season Thread

ted

On 3/7/2021 at 12:24 PM, Aird25 said:

It sounds like de Jong is sticking around to coach youth soccer on the island. Pacific have done a pretty good job of having past and present players help out with youth development. Let's hope it pays dividends

Don’t they open their training center this year ? They’re taking is seriously let’s not forget they have a kid on loan in Germany for 2 years. I’m sure we’ll see them sign more kids this year.

Soccerway was showing two additions to the Pacific FC roster and like the Atletico Ottawa they have been removed.  One was Ollie Bassett who was rumored to be coming to an unnamed CPL club a few months back, I don't recall the other name but I think it was a midfielder.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

55 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

He had 6 goals and 8 assists in 10 matches for Wellington in 2019. I wonder how New Zealand premiership compares with CPL. Those are good numbers

Weren't there 2 or 3 guys who played in both leagues within a year or so? I think they seemed comparable based on those results. Small sample size, though.

4 hours ago, nolando said:

Weren't there 2 or 3 guys who played in both leagues within a year or so? I think they seemed comparable based on those results. Small sample size, though.

i thought it was Valour who brought someone in from NZ who was successful there and he bombed out in year 1.  I think there were a couple who went there after the first year of CPL to play in the offseason as well (Carriero? )

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

i thought it was Valour who brought someone in from NZ who was successful there and he bombed out in year 1.  I think there were a couple who went there after the first year of CPL to play in the offseason as well (Carriero? )

Stephen Hoyle was a leading or the leading scorer in New Zealand and bombed with Valour, Sacremento had 1 goal in 18 games with Valour and 3 goals in 8 games in New Zealand, small sample size but seems to favour CPL.     Two more from NZ will be in CPL this year Dyer and Selemani.

Edit: Calum Ferguson was a bench player on a weak Valour team and a starter in New Zealand.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

Another underwhelming signing for me, but I hope to be convinced otherwise. Are we just going to flout these apparent U21 and International requirements? So far we've just loaded up on mid-20s Canadians; which is great, and should be allowed, but apparently isn't

43 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Another underwhelming signing for me, but I hope to be convinced otherwise. Are we just going to flout these apparent U21 and International requirements? So far we've just loaded up on mid-20s Canadians; which is great, and should be allowed, but apparently isn't

Looks like a journeyman signing, Pacific does have their 3 U21s, Young, Hojabrpour, Dada-Luke plus draftee Chris Lee if they sign him.  Maybe the international requirements aren't as etched in stone as has been reported.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

59 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Looks like a journeyman signing, Pacific does have their 3 U21s, Young, Hojabrpour, Dada-Luke plus draftee Chris Lee if they sign him.  Maybe the international requirements aren't as etched in stone as has been reported.

That true about the U21s, but without the rule I don't see Young and Hojabrpour being on the pitch much together. They're in direct competition imo. I also wouldn't expect Dada-Luke or Lee to see many minutes, but I've certainly been surprised before.

5 hours ago, Aird25 said:

That true about the U21s, but without the rule I don't see Young and Hojabrpour being on the pitch much together. They're in direct competition imo. I also wouldn't expect Dada-Luke or Lee to see many minutes, but I've certainly been surprised before.

Jeff Paulus was raving about Lee on twitter