Theo Corbeanu

jordan

26 minutes ago, toontownman said:

So much can change from now until November. Corbeanu could be starting for Wolves in September and breaking out in the PL. He could also be still at MK Dons. Who knows. Could be player injuries could be players we aren't even aware of emerging. 

There are no closed doors (IF we qualify for Qatar) right now. 

True, but this is still disappointing imo. He's in form and is a really exciting player. Great attitude as well. 

7 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Perhaps Herdman is looking at 2 away games in CA and thinking I need experience and Concacaf  savvy vets. Theo is going to  a big part of our future going forward

I’m surprised at how many people are surprised that he wasn’t called.  Would I have been shocked?  Not at all, but I think this was the right choice for now

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

When I say key I mean these players: Eustaquio (ability), Davies (ability), David (ability), Larin (form), Atiba (experience), Johnston (flexibility) and Vitoria (lack of depth). 

You can argue that losing the other players is less worrisome, at least for me that's how I see it. That doesn't mean some of them are not really important, like Buchanan for instance, but if we don't have Tajon for whatever reason we have players who can replace what he brings, for the most part.

Nobody can replace Atiba's experience, Johnston's positional flexibility, Davies' ability, etc. 

If we have no Buchanan we have Millar, if we have no Miller we have Kennedy or Cornelius, if we have no Laryea we have Brault-Guillard, if we have no Adekugbe we have Gutierrez, if we have no Borjan we have Crepeau, etc.

IMO I think you are underestimating the "key" guys. The Gold Cup (albeit not as successful as the manager wanted it to be) was a testament to the quality of our team, and it solidified some guys as key players when so many were absent. 

Eustaquio, Davies, David, Larin, Atiba, Johnston, Vitoria is who you listed to which I agree are key players.
But I would also add Buchanan, Laryea,...I had Borjan in there originally but you're right (like in the Gold Cup) we have seen he can be replaced by Crepeau. 

However for you to basically put Buchanan and Millar, Laryea and ZBG on the same level is beyonnnd me.
Buchanan has etched himself as a key piece within a year of putting on a red jersey. There's a reason why he's easily surpassed Millar with in that time frame. His consistent output at club and country is immense, and it's ridiculous to say that if we don't have him we have Millar. Full stop disagree.

Likewise for Laryea...completely different abilities as to ZBG. I haven't seen ZBG do what Laryea has. But it's not to say that these guys can't come into the position and do a job, the main question is "will there be drop off"...absolutely. Which makes them not key guys - for me. Right now- right now, those guys (Tajon, Richie) threat level lets just say is on 8. ZBG, Millar, is on 5.

But go ahead, I'm not mad atcha you, you too want a signed jersey.😁

4 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

So Laryea could have declined for the same reason , but he is there .

It said personal reasons.  After the last year and a half for everyone around the world, I’ll give someone the benefit of the doubt if that’s what is said.  

Hmm, this is an interesting situation.  I really enjoyed watching Theo when he played at the Gold Cup and always check on his results whether it be for Sheffield Wednesday or the Dons.  As a long time CMNT fan it hurts a little when guys turn down a call up (perhaps due to obvious reasons over the past several decades).

I do concur that unless there is a Covid outbreak or a string of injuries that Theo likely wouldn't have seen a lot of the field, so his decision to stay with his club right now makes good sense and I respect that.  Hopefully he keeps that forward momentum going with the Dons and we see him back in March or over the Summer for Nations League.

7 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Is there any interpretation of Canada's COVID rules by which Eustaquio would be allowed to enter the  country before the 30th?

Standard I’m not a lawyer disclaimer, but from reading the travel.gc.ca guidelines: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#entry-vaccinated, as long as he’s fully vaccinated and not symptomatic, as far as I can tell he should be able to come into Canada provided he has a negative PCR test less than 72 hours prior to entry. The 11 days post recovery is only applicable if he wants to be exempt from the pre-arrival testing requirement. 

though on the other hand, if you use the travel.go.ca checklist thing it asks if you have had symptoms of COVID in the past 10 days and if you answered yes it says you can’t travel. This is definitely at odds at the other link and might be the source of some of this confusion.

33 minutes ago, frattinator said:

Standard I’m not a lawyer disclaimer, but from reading the travel.gc.ca guidelines: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#entry-vaccinated, as long as he’s fully vaccinated and not symptomatic, as far as I can tell he should be able to come into Canada provided he has a negative PCR test less than 72 hours prior to entry. The 11 days post recovery is only applicable if he wants to be exempt from the pre-arrival testing requirement. 

though on the other hand, if you use the travel.go.ca checklist thing it asks if you have had symptoms of COVID in the past 10 days and if you answered yes it says you can’t travel. This is definitely at odds at the other link and might be the source of some of this confusion.

I haven't paid attention to the travel rules recently, but if you are a Canadian citizen can't you always come in to Canada?

52 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Is there any interpretation of Canada's COVID rules by which Eustaquio would be allowed to enter the  country before the 30th?

I don't want to start rumors but maybe he isn't vaccinated?

I think he just wants to establish himself at the club level. A good loan spell could mean another shot at the Prem

If the reasons Theo explained to Herdman were related to wanting to settle into a loan deal at a new club, for me he is out of the NT picture. 

I have never seen a player ever turn down a call up for Spain for anything other than health reasons, except for friendlies. I have even see guys miss a brother's wedding or miss a birth of a child. It is just a general principle. We are used to stuff in Canada because we've been hard pressed to get players to commit. Now, and after the Arfield debate, things should change. 

If Theo has other personal motives that are legit, I am sure Herdman will accept them. If not, I'd say he's hurt his chances going forwards and hurt them for Qatar if we make it and his curve stays positive.

8 hours ago, Kent said:

I haven't paid attention to the travel rules recently, but if you are a Canadian citizen can't you always come in to Canada?

You are right, but then you must undergo the mandatory quarantine period which would automatically makes it impossible for him to play in the US game. To not be quarantined you have to show proof of vaccination and negative test, which might be why he is included in the squad since he might be able to do that? 

25 minutes ago, frattinator said:

You are right, but then you must undergo the mandatory quarantine period which would automatically makes it impossible for him to play in the US game. To not be quarantined you have to show proof of vaccination and negative test, which might be why he is included in the squad since he might be able to do that? 

You need a negative PCR test before boarding a flight to Canada

9 hours ago, frattinator said:

If he's asymptomatic then he can answer no to the symptoms question, provide his negative test 72 hours prior to the flight and not break any rules.

9 hours ago, narduch said:

I don't want to start rumors but maybe he isn't vaccinated?

I think he just wants to establish himself at the club level. A good loan spell could mean another shot at the Prem

My post (off-topic, I guess) was about Eustaquio. That could be the case with Corbeanu. Who knows?