Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The keeper collided with a falling player clearly not a foul. The question of a foul is the challenge that made him fall.

In that sense I suppose so, because the other T&T players did not foul him despite the fact that he Lozano was falling, but the keeper had no reason to be sliding in like that. Reckless.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The keeper collided with a falling player clearly not a foul. The question of a foul is the challenge that made him fall.

Not only that if you watch the full play it looks like Lozano dived.

So basically he got injured because the Mexican player natural instinct is to go to ground when a play is lost in order to dupe the ref into calling a penalty 

20 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

After that Lozano injury im kind of glad our stars aren't in this tbh... that did not look good one bit

A player can also get injured playing with their club team and me being a big Napoli fan seeing Lozano getting taken out on a stretcher is not a good site . But injuries happen it’s part of the sport . The best way to avoid injuries is to not play at all , injuries happen in club play and at the national team level it is what it is .

2 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

A player can also get injured playing with their club team and me being a big Napoli fan seeing Lozano getting taken out on a stretcher is not a good site . But injuries happen it’s part of the sport . The best way to avoid injuries is to not play at all , injuries happen in club play and at the national team level it is what it is .

No. The gold cup is the only place players get injured. It’s the continental equivalent of the LNAH - just all headhunters. 

Seriously though. It’s crazy that this was never a concern until this year. Suddenly when we’re in dire need of matches together we shouldn’t be calling players for fear of injury in a tournament when quite honestly I can’t recall many injuries historically. I stand to be corrected but I don’t recall us having many injuries historically

Edited by CanadaFan123

5 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

True, but I'd argue playing against good defenders who actually know how to go for the ball and not the player decreases the probability of player induced injuries. A lot of CONCACAF defenders get overly physical against good attackers in order to make up for a lack of quality. We all saw the treatment Davies got against Haiti and the willingness of CONCACAF refs to let it slide. Not to mention that this is a pointless $$ grab tournament.

Edited by LeoH037