Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

55 minutes ago, Addona said:

Does anyone know if the missing Haitian players will be back for the game against us?

My guess is no, I think the COVID protocols will run longer than that.

Watching ES vs. Guatemala right now and there's not much to choose between them even though Guatemala is missing a lot of first choice players with a squad re-cobbled together at the last minute. Somewhat incredible that one is in the Hex and the other didn't get out of the first round, which shows how much a favourable group draw can be. As for this Gold Cup group, the entire group is scoreless so far with 17 minutes to go after the first round of matches.

5 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Where are people watching highlights?  CONCACAF have really poor 60 second highlight package. I was hoping for something a bit more substantial as I don’t have a chance to watch these live. 

5 minutes of highlights here:

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Alex Roldan (who I guess gave up on his dreams playing for the US?) scores to give ES the lead late, 8 minutes to go.

Floodgates may open in the last 5 minutes. Guatemala was on the ropes as it is.

26 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Thanks but not available in my country. I did see that one of the channels in the UK has full replays the next day. I’ll try watching those if I have time. 

Weird, I didn't know (and am surprised) that onesoccer geoblocks. Here's an 8 and a half minute highlight package:

Oh wow, the US only beat Haiti 1-0? Considering they were at home, Haiti was missing players, and it was a low pressure game, that’s not very good. 

For some reason I thought we played the US next instead of Haiti. It kind of sucks that our next game happens before theirs because after the Haiti game, they’ll know how many goals they potentially need to pass us on goal differential. We need to try to go all out against Haiti, try to get another at least 3-0 win to give ourselves a cushion. 

This US team I dont think is going to look "great" because the lack of creativity and depth at the wings especially...then when Arriola left early on it made it even worse...aside from hitting the post in the 2nd half the only real threats I saw were off set pieces with Zimmerman causing problems in the box....definitely a US team that is ripe for the picking

3 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

I really can't wait until Jamaica plays

Looking forward to this match. Wouldnt be surprised if Suriname gets a point out of this, they've gotten a lot of time together between the qualifiers and Gold Cup prep for a month.