Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

37 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Don’t think it’s too unrealistic IMO. It’s essentially the same team we played in WCQ and the USA’s GC squad is not better than what we had in June. 

Literally just turned that game on to see the tail end of US celebrations. 1-0.  I have a sneaking suspicion it is Canada vs Mexico in the next round.  

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Literally just turned that game on to see the tail end of US celebrations. 1-0.  I have a sneaking suspicion it is Canada vs Mexico in the next round.  

Yep - in that press conference when JH said he was happy with a +3 vs Martinique I rolled my eyes.  US will likely bag 6-7 against them.

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

We would go against Costa Rica or Jamaica (possibly Suriname) if we advance to next round. 

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

We would go against Costa Rica or Jamaica (possibly Suriname) if we advance to next round. 

Then Mexico in the semis. Key to getting to the finals is winning the group.  

Edited by trc2014

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah USA seem to have an extra step for sure. I thought Haiti would look a bit more composed but I guess we will see as the game goes on. If the US dominate the entire 90’ that should be only good news for us against Haiti 

45 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Yep - in that press conference when JH said he was happy with a +3 vs Martinique I rolled my eyes.  US will likely bag 6-7 against them.

I feel like we're watching different games.  The US were lucky they didn't concede in that first half.  I didn't find them all that impressive.  The got broken down defensively a few times.  

2 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

I feel like we're watching different games.  The US were lucky they didn't concede in that first half.  I didn't find them all that impressive.  The got broken down defensively a few times.  

Agree and this is with Haiti missing their best player Pierrot from their last game. 

33 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

I made this comment in minute 10 after the goal, they have really looked very meh since.  Still think we should have scored more against Martinique, because I think US will also put a few in.

8 hours ago, MtlMario said:

Why should that be our problem? If they in S. America then they belong in their conferderation.

All the countries mentioned are culturally and politically part of the Caribbean (Suriname, the Guyanas). Part of CARICOM (the regional Caribbean political organization) and are far more culturally linked/similar to Caribbean islands than South American countries on other side of the border. I personally dont see the problem.

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Anybody else trying to watch El Salvador vs Guatemala on OneSoccer and getting the camera showing the empty post-game pitch from Kansas City instead?

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Not me, I am watching the game. I am not necessarily watching the main feed, I went to the Gold Cup section and selected the game specifically.