Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

What we get:

St. Clair, Pantemis, Nogueira

Sturring, Yao, Romeo, Montgomery

Bassong, Godinho, Chung

Dias, Shome, Norman, Tabla, Raposo, Metcalfe

Brym, Buchanan, Corbeanu, Bair

damn...that seems very realistic/probable. 
Still not as bad a previous years, will be the silver lining?

I'm just interested in hearing Biello talk....for a change.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

What we get:

Bassong, Godinho, Chung

If this is the roster we get I'd be so disappointed but I can definitely see our roster looking like this sadly :(

31 minutes ago, toontownman said:

What we get:

Bassong, Godinho, Chung

EDIT: Also not official. Somewhere in between both would be reasonable lol

I don't want to see Godinho, or Shome. I'm fine with the rest. 

12 minutes ago, TFC2017 said:

I don't want to see Godinho, or Shome. I'm fine with the rest. 

Why not?  At this point in their careers they've got more professional, high level experience than most of the rest of the players on the provisional roster.

Our goal is to win now with the best players available to us.  "Promise" and "potential" don't mean much in a short tournament like this.

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

Why not?  At this point in their careers they've got more professional, high level experience than most of the rest of the players on the provisional roster.

Our goal is to win now with the best players available to us.  "Promise" and "potential" don't mean much in a short tournament like this.

I really don't think either are that good though ... Maybe just me, maybe I can be proved wrong, if he proves me wrong I'll more than happily eat crow because that means he's succeeding which is good for our program.. With that said though, I just don't see any quality in him. 

5 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I've been more than harsh on Godinho since the Gold Cup, but you're right. If Godinho is available he should be competing for a spot on this squad, considering his experience and club level. All players make mistakes and his were almost 2 years ago now, in a much more difficult tournament than this will be.

I will not complain if we call upon him. It would be a good opportunity for him to come back into the national team picture and gain some confidence. 

There’s 2 ways to look at this:

a young known big name isn’t going and it sucks

a player who wouldn’t have gotten a chance to shine and emerge is now going to.

we all know that we were always going to leave some good players home, well that’s happening but maybe not how we wanted I did say we are deep but time to put our depth to the test.