Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

52 minutes ago, Shway said:

Released by Canada on the 10th....
But submitted to Concacaf today!

@Olympique_de_Marseille You got some digging to do my man.

It just means that the list was finalized today and sent off but the CSA press release hasn't been written up yet.

Usually they also leak the list to trusted journalists early (like Neil Davidson, so he can release his articles a couple minutes after the CSA's website posts the official news).

The CSA will never release a 20-man squad list like that in a tweet (like El Salvador and Honduras); the mainstream media has no appetite to digest it. The CSA feels the need to include spices and filler (like some generic optimistic quote from Biello, the date when camp will start in Guadalajara, that fans can watch on OneSoccer, some mention about the Excel program...etc)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

8 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Perfect excuse for TFC.. if they just tell everyone there was a positive case on the roster they can refuse to release their players and dodge grief from the fan base. Hehe I’m only joking.. kinda 😁

Yes but on flip side for Forge fans they can feel it levels the playing field as training is cancelled.  Also kinda joking 😛 

5 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

By the use of the term “team delegation” it is doubtful that all three are players. That suggests some, if not all, of the three are non- players (training staff, equipment folks etc)

I thought at first this, but then thought it meant players. 

16 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Atletico Madrid, Inter Miami, Hoffenheim, Alcorcon....some interesting club names showing up there...

I expected them to have mostly domestic players. 

Perhaps another up and coming nation in Concacaf 

Dominican Republic it’s a baseball crazy country that supplies a lot of baseball players to Major League Baseball. I’m surprised they even have players that are playing outside of their country . Moreover, how are they even at this qualifying tournament? How did teams even qualify to this final round of Olympic qualifying?

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

A lot of them in Spain, inter Miami doesn’t mean shit. Madrid ok, hoffenheim too. But Miami lol

For a country where soccer is an afterthought where baseball rules ya it does mean shit to have a player in MLS and yes Inter Miami , it would mean a lot even if they had a player in the CPL . If you have ever been to the Dominican Republic you will easily understand that the vast majority of people there wouldn’t know the difference between the CPL and Serie A lol in that baseball mad country .

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

How did teams even qualify to this final round of Olympic qualifying?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_CONCACAF_Men's_Olympic_Qualifying_Championship_qualification#Caribbean

Canada,USA and Mexico automatically qualified. 

2 Caribbean nations were selected in a tournament held in July 2019. T+T weren't involved and Jamaica failed to get out of their group.

3 Central American sides were decided in a knock out.