Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

1 minute ago, Nate3322 said:

They have to submit it to CONCACAF tomorrow the CSA doesn't have to announce the roster to the public tomorrow

CONCACAF asked for 20-man rosters to be submitted 10 days before the competition started, which was yesterday actually. The rumour is that CONCACAF will publish all 20-man squads on their website on Thursday. So the CSA has to announce it tomorrow or CONCACAF will do if for them by default on Thursday.

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

CONCACAF asked for 20-man rosters to be submitted 10 days before the competition started, which was yesterday actually. The rumour is that CONCACAF will publish all 20-man squads on their website on Thursday. So the CSA has to announce it tomorrow or CONCACAF will do if for them by default on Thursday.

Ah thanks for the clarification

4 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Not sure how much to read into this, but listening to the guys on OneSoccer tonight, assuming that they must have sources or good ideas on the u23 line-up, I think the line-up might be a real let down. They seemed rightfully concerned.

If guys end up on the Senior team for the WCQ I really don't care.

So no Marshall Rutty who would have made the team and it seems no TFC players unless there’s a change in the covid situation. I’m not sure how connected they are but from what they’re hearing we will be in very tough. Everyone is headed to Mexico now so it seems like the TFC contingent will be lacking, that’s going to hurt a lot I won’t lie. 

Ok I listened again and it’s a little odd but:

We can expect that the Forge/TFC game will be cancelled, if it is not cancelled they will hold back some of the youth including Marshall Rutty, so likely Nelson and Okello aswell. So if they aren’t on tmrws roster which right now is unlikely, the game is a go which means Hamilton will have not trained and still has not gotten permission to train.

it’s contradictory, he says that the game is likely getting cancelled and that that game is the reason for why they’d hold players back because you need 3 Canadians, so it’s both likely the hold the kids back for a game that will be cancelled ??? 

Well we don't know which tfc employees tested positive but it is entirely possible they just pulled all players from u24s as a precaution. Sucks but that would be covid life striking again and wouldn't be a huge surprise. 

Things must be up in the air for a planning perspective. The clubs prerogative will be to take a step back until they know what is going on regarding the V cup and their own training. Canada was always going to be the most expendable and lowest priority the minute fifa gave clubs loopholes. 

Huge blow considering the amount or players that likely would have been involved if true. 

Hate to say it, but maybe the time of the announcement needs to be given the benefit of the doubt. CSA may have waited to the 11th hour because with COVID there was a lot of last minute changes to who got invited. This is a possibility, I know it's frustrating because it seems like every other country announce their roster before ours, but I think we draw players from way more leagues than every other concacaf nation(even the sr men's team does).

At any rate, it comes today... maybe at midnight?

7 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

Hate to say it, but maybe the time of the announcement needs to be given the benefit of the doubt. CSA may have waited to the 11th hour because with COVID there was a lot of last minute changes to who got invited. This is a possibility, I know it's frustrating because it seems like every other country announce their roster before ours, but I think we draw players from way more leagues than every other concacaf nation(even the sr men's team does).

At any rate, it comes today... maybe at midnight?

To be fair only about 3 nations released their final rosters. So we aren't alone.

As for the strength of our squad I won't be bothered as WCQ is way more important at this point.

I’m expecting to be upset, hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

We have wayyy too many guys for this team to be affected by the senior MNT for WCQ. 

I’ll be mad if I see some young guys like Nelson not called up but then subsequently called up for WCQ - when we can call up a guy like Canniggia. 

All I know, I definitely want to specifically hear who tested positive for Covid at TFC. Because if it’s none of the young guys, they still could go.

To put some positive spin on it, the "bigger names" are those who are already in the CMNT program so this at least gives a huge opportunity for new players to step up, shine and get experience. Also almost a certainty we have at least 1 if not a few CPL players representing now. Shome is a lock given the TFC issues.

There will still need to be some questions asked if there are no TFC players at all on the roster. I keep hearing about European clubs that get players who contract COVID and the teams continue to play, so TFC shutting up shop completely sounds like they still don’t have their house in order despite going through all this last year