Pacific FC Launch / 2019 off season thread

3 hours ago, nolando said:

I bet PFC will be scouting this match. Funny, which name jumps out but Ty Rosenlund: http://aftn.ca/fifth-visl-v-fvsl-all-star-match-set-for-port-moody-on-saturday-afternoon/

The only other name I recognize is Sam Prette, he was interviewed by Ted at the Pacific FC open trials, of course remembering the name for its similarity with our NT defensive mid.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The only other name I recognize is Sam Prette, he was interviewed by Ted at the Pacific FC open trials, of course remembering the name for its similarity with our NT defensive mid.

Michael's brother Mark Baldisimo is there. Totally random but after I look again I also see the son of my wedding photographer (Ethan Claiborne-Collins), a striker who played at UFV iirc.

Edited by nolando

I don't even care any more who. It is just great/exciting getting more players. I also like how the focus really seems to be on BC players. I understand that Halifax/Nova Scotia do not have the depth of local players that BC has, but I would be disappointed if these early signings weren't all or mostly local. 

Some of the options below. I am assuming the draft picks will just be there eventually, but you never know if they will sign fully.

Ben Mckendry

Matthew Baldisimo

Ben Fisk

Noah Verhoeven

Zach Verhoven*

Thomas Gardner*

Nick Fussel*

*draft pick

Attacking midfielder Hojabpour returns to Canada from the Bulgarian league where he has been playing for Lokomotiv Plovdiv U19 team since 2017. Raised in Vancouver, the 19-year-old made his debut with the Canadian youth national team in 2014. He scored the team’s only goal against Cuba in the U17 match in Panama City in 2017. 

Baldisimo and Campbell come to Pacific FC from Fresno FC of USL Championship. Twenty-year-old Baldisimo, a midfielder who was raised in Burnaby, captained the Canadian youth national team in 2015 at the CONCACAF U17 Championship in Honduras. Campbell was also raised in Burnaby. The 20-year-old striker first played internationally for Canada in the 2013 Copa Mexico de Naciones. 

Edited by Ansem

49 minutes ago, Keegan said:

What’s the deal with Hojabpour?  Potential?  He couldn’t break through into the first team in Bulgaria and the two others were bit players for Fresno. All young though with room to grow. 

If I remember correctly, he was the captain and best player of the Whitecaps younger residency team a few years back. I was excited to follow his development until he left for Europe. He seemed to have a lot of potential.