Pacific FC Launch / 2019 off season thread

Raised in Surrey, 20-year-old Verhoeven was the captain of Canada’s U20 team in 2018. That same year, he represented Canada in France’s Toulon Tournament where he scored a goal against Turkey. He was recently called up to the U23 Canadian squad. Verhoeven made seven starts for Fresno FC last season in the USL Championship. 

-------
Guess its really hard to get the info right..he got 13 starts in the league last year

Verhoeven is a huge get - he was with both Canada and USA u20s and was getting rave reviews for Fresno early on.  Since Toulon the hype and minutes dwindled but just as well because that most likely contributed to this signing.

I’m sure at 19, Canadian/American he could have wound up at a MLS side... actually surprised MDS didn’t keep him unless he wanted to go.

I continue to love the moves so far. Another veteran or two would be useful. We also need some CB's. We have a FB, GK, and Baldismo is more of a defensive mid I believe (please correct if wrong). The rest are all very offensive minded. Definitely in need of some help on the back line. A never ending problem in Canadian soccer at all levels. Any one, along the lines of our current signings that would fit the bill?

I hope Mason Trafford is next!

Edited by ktf

I should have posted about the Lake Side Buoys last Sunday before it happened, sorry if anyone missed it.

That said, we had a great turnout, about 25 people gathered to have a pint, chat about the team, play a FIFA tournament on a Playstation we set up and most importantly to collect their 2019 membership packages including our brilliant new scarf. Oh, and people got to talk with Josh Simpson and Michael Silberbauer for a couple of hours.

We are looking to do another social night next month, Lake Side Bowls, if we can secure a booking for the private lanes at the bowling alley next to the stadium. Keep an eye on our Facebook, Twitter and now, Instagram accounts.

29 minutes ago, ted said:

We are looking to do another social night next month, Lake Side Bowls, if we can secure a booking for the private lanes at the bowling alley next to the stadium. Keep an eye on our Facebook, Twitter and now, Instagram accounts.

For a second I read bowels....thought for a second a strange get together lol

Ben Fisk would be a great signing!

Also does anyone know when we can start actually buying our season tickets?

I am also curious how many games I would miss, as I will be returning from my current contract in Oman in early June. So that full schedule will be nice. I am assuming at least 4 (3 league and 1 VC), but hoping for one less!

On 1/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Check out @Canucks_Abroad’s Tweet:

Another BC kid coming home?  Nick Prasad is from Surrey, played previously in Whitecaps system.

Scary that he wasn't able to get minutes at a low-table 4th tier club in Germany though...

8 hours ago, ktf said:

Also does anyone know when we can start actually buying our season tickets?

I got a call from the office the other week to confirm I was getting emails and tell me that ticket sales info would be coming. At the Pub Night Josh said he hoped to get ticket sales going this week or next. 

It would be nice to get a specific date but it all depends on the league getting the schedule published. I don't know if the league is having issues or is simply trying to build tension. Either way, everyone is starting to get cranky. 

I got an email a week or two back and they asked about my intentions, and I said "honourable". 

I think they were just trying to get a picture of where folks where wanting to be, so they could do an initial layout of if the presales were firm and where the season-ticket committments would be going. I basically told him I'd go with the LSB contingent even though I wasn't sure they'd have me. 

He also said they were working on a way for fans who could not attend to roll back their seats into the ticketing system, or for give-aways to service organisations. 

My take on the visual mock-ups of the stadium is that the family section on the north end is larger and the supporter section behind "south" goal is a bit short and wide: if you are leading chants it is better to be able to do so with a longer stand, more rows. That way you could even have one supporter group on one side of the goal, and on the other, maybe another group, if that would ever come about.