Charles-Andres Brym

Vince193

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Kone was playing 1st team football with Montreal. Not a lot of minutes, but he's a central mid where we are a bit thin, with attributes the squad does not currently have per Herdman.

nevermind.

Edited by Xavier.

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I would call up Colyn in the same way they called up Kone during the last qualifying window. A guy who’s probably not ready but give him your last roster spot to see what he has, since he has really promising upside. Agreed that he wouldn’t be my first pick, however if he stays in the PSV system, he should be a guy we consider eventually.  

Not an apples to apples comparison at all. Just by the levels alone. 

25 minutes ago, Shway said:

Not an apples to apples comparison at all. Just by the levels alone. 

I mean, Kone had played all of 4 MLS games when he got called up, including one he only played like 20 minutes in. I get he plays first division while Colyn plays second, but he was called up because Herdman wants to test out a new young player on the team. If for example Flores was actually interested in playing for Canada, he probably would’ve been selected ahead, despite different positions.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He has a similar goal total in less minutes in the same league as Brym. 2-3 years younger.

They have different roles. Brym plays wide a lot of the time or as a ACM everytime I've seen him. Colyn is playing as a number 9. He struggles with hold up play and touches can be fairly heavy.

For the record, I don't think Brym should be called up either atm. But I would have him over Colyn in the depth chart.

And he's in the PSV system, which suggests that they see something at a top club. 

He's not the first and last player to be in this position and not do anything in his career. I know it's exciting to see a player in a good teams academy but this isn't a sign on anything. His loan there will end and he could be on his way back to Vancouver shortly.

Eindhoven where Brym is has a stadium that's too small for CPL. 

Well that settles it. Colyn is the bigger prospect because he... err plays in a bigger stadium?

... That's a new one. Why are you even bringing this up?

Edited by Colliedor

44 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I mean, Kone had played all of 4 MLS games when he got called up, including one he only played like 20 minutes in. I get he plays first division while Colyn plays second, but he was called up because Herdman wants to test out a new young player on the team. If for example Flores was actually interested in playing for Canada, he probably would’ve been selected ahead, despite different positions.

It was the competition he was playing why he stood out. It wasn't just his mere minutes.
Nothing against Colyn, but there is a lot more of him in the pool than there is of Kone. Reason why I said it's not apples to apples.

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

It was the competition he was playing why he stood out. It wasn't just his mere minutes.
Nothing against Colyn, but there is a lot more of him in the pool than there is of Kone. Reason why I said it's not apples to apples.

Nothing against Kone either, I like him, and I follow CF, so he’s one of my favourite young guys. I just think that we’ll always call up one or two young guys to bring into the fold- last year it was Kone, next time it could be Mitrovic, Brym, Kone again, maybe it does end up being Ennin, which is where all this conversation stemmed from, but I’d also be interested in seeing Colyn get a shot too.

funny enough, I believe Colyn’s single MLS appearance was being subbed on for Alphonso Davies in what I believe was his last match before moving to Bayern.

46 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

They have different roles. Brym plays wide a lot of the time or as a ACM everytime I've seen him. Colyn is playing as a number 9. He struggles with hold up play and touches can be fairly heavy.

For the record, I don't think Brym should be called up either atm. But I would have him over Colyn in the depth chart.

He's not the first and last player to be in this position and not do anything in his career. I know it's exciting to see a player in a good teams academy but this isn't a sign on anything. His loan there will end and he could be on his way back to Vancouver shortly.

Well that settles it. Colyn is the bigger prospect because he... err plays in a bigger stadium?

... That's a new one. Why are you even bringing this up?

I was wrong by the way, Brym is almost 4 years older than Colyn. He's older than David, Davies, he's closer in age to Eustaquio and he's still barely getting started his pro career. 

Colyn and Brym are at a similar point in terms of football quality with almost 4 years difference. 

The person who decides when and where Colyn plays is his coach, btw, one Ruud van Nistelroy.

By the way, size of a stadium has a strong correlation to fan base and strength of a club, especially when theirs can't hold 5000. It is not a question of 38,000 vs 53,000, it is that they have a tiny undersized venue and can't monetise it: if they promote they basically won't be able to pay their players, they'll be the weakest team financially in the Eredivisie. They'll relegate first season. So they have a negligible financial base, no upside going forward, and for Brym to actually advance he would have to transfer up. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

14 minutes ago, Shway said:

His team is one of the better teams in the Ereeste? Did you mean strong 2nd tier league?

It's a tiny club with an amateur stadium and no fan base. 

If you know Dutch football you know which clubs in 2nd are strong candidates for promotion. His is not one of them. 

Den Haag, Roda, Breda, Den Bosch. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It's a tiny club with an amateur stadium and no fan base. 

If you know Dutch football you know which clubs in 2nd are strong candidates for promotion. His is not one of them. 

I don’t know Dutch football. But his team just missed out on promotion, and your saying the team can’t challenge next year.m because they have a small stadium and no fan base?

Sounds confusing.

Just now, Shway said:

I don’t know Dutch football. But his team just missed out on promotion, and your saying the team can’t challenge next year.m because they have a small stadium and no fan base?

Sounds confusing.

Seriously, if you don't know the difference between playing on a bigger club and a tiny club you don't know what you're saying. And if you think FC Eindhoven is a habitual challenger to make top flight you don't know Dutch football. 

If people think a minnow having a good year is cause for him to return next year I disagree. Their budget is one of the lowest in 2nd division Netherlands. 

54 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Seriously, if you don't know the difference between playing on a bigger club and a tiny club you don't know what you're saying. And if you think FC Eindhoven is a habitual challenger to make top flight you don't know Dutch football. 

If people think a minnow having a good year is cause for him to return next year I disagree. Their budget is one of the lowest in 2nd division Netherlands. 

Okay so this season was an anomaly. I did say “I don’t know Dutch football” then you brought up an egregious comparison insinuating I don’t the know the difference between small and big clubs. 

Bournemouth, in the English football structure is considered a small team, little fans, and little stadium however have made their return to the PL. 

Your logic which can be true in most cases, is not definite…..Kinda like the “I before E except after C” rule we were told when we were younger. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Okay so this season was an anomaly. I did say “I don’t know Dutch football” then you brought up an egregious comparison insinuating I don’t the know the difference between small and big clubs. 

Bournemouth, in the English football structure is considered a small team, little fans, and little stadium however have made their return to the PL. 

Your logic which can be true in most cases, is not definite…..Kinda like the “I before E except after C” rule we were told when we were younger. 

You're right, I partially misread, sorry, I'm being obtuse today.

I'm just saying that if he can move to a better club, better overall for him. He must be on a low salary there too. 

8 goals and most in this 2nd half of the season should be worth a move. 

On 5/22/2022 at 4:30 AM, Shway said:

The sea air stunts their growth.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Nice step up. He'll get his Eredivisie chance after all, it seems. Happy for him.

There's a trend developing of Byrm playing with the "little brothers" of the big 3 clubs.

FC (Eindhoven)..... Sparta (Rotterdam).....

What's next for him, AZ Alkmaar?

Are you suggesting Alkmaar is the little brother of Ajax?