Stephen Eustaquio

4 of his Porto teammates made Portugals provisional squad. As well as all three ex-Porto midfielders that left this summer. If he hadn't switched to Canada it is easy to see him on the provisional roster. Their midfield is incredibly deep, so unlikely he would make the final squad.

Edited by Stryker911

1 hour ago, The Real Marc said:

Eustaquio choosing us was such a game changer. He coulda hung around and waited for some friendly caps from Portugal - which he would have likely received - but he didn't. Respect.

This would've been on par with Tomori for me.  It woulda sucked so much to watch this guy grow and develop thinking what could've been.

2 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Eustaquio choosing us was such a game changer. He coulda hung around and waited for some friendly caps from Portugal - which he would have likely received - but he didn't. Respect.

I love that he chose us, but I'm wondering too if it had just as much to do with Herdman chasing him (and perhaps Portugal not, in the wake of his major ACL injury) as it did with his own loyalty to Canada.  Regardless, such a huge part of our team, and a cornerstone for years to come...

7 minutes ago, GasPed said:

I love that he chose us, but I'm wondering too if it had just as much to do with Herdman chasing him (and perhaps Portugal not, in the wake of his major ACL injury) as it did with his own loyalty to Canada.  Regardless, such a huge part of our team, and a cornerstone for years to come...

I think the Davies factor tilted the scale for us for a bunch of these guys. Now that we have all these guys we're at critical mass.

16 minutes ago, GasPed said:

Pretty sure he committed to us before his ACL injury

Wow. Brugge had a PK, missed it, but Eustaquio was deemed to have entered the box early (he was the one to knock ball out of play, though it wasn’t in too menacing a spot). 

Brugge was awarded a second PK, and an even better save was made on the ensuing kick. As a result our boy can breathe a bit easier now!

2 minutes ago, Cowtown Kyle said:

Wow. Brugge had a PK, missed it, but Eustaquio was deemed to have entered the box early (he was the one to knock ball out of play, though it wasn’t in too menacing a spot). 

Brugge was awarded a second PK, and an even better save was made on the ensuing kick. As a result our boy can breathe a bit easier now!

He has a yellow in this game, gave Brugge a second crack at what would have been the tying PK, and got red carded in the last league game against Benfica.   He may be playing well but you have to start eliminating those sorts of issues or it could impact his role in the team.