Stephen Eustaquio

1 hour ago, Acid-Tone said:

First off, like others have said already, Stephen is just fine exactly where he is. He should continue to focus on solidifying his standing at FC Porto & Primeira Liga first.  If he accomplishes that, good things will happen & everything else will take care of itself.

As to Florentino Luis, I would say he's not only younger, he's also a bigger & more physical player who's been a consistent starter as a 6 in Benfica's 4-2-3-1 lineup. He can also play as an 8, but he really hasn't shown a lot of dynamic ball skills to be all that effective in the final 3rd. Benfica are top of the table in Portugal & are undefeated so far this season. That includes four Champions League games. (Two of which were against PSG, both ending in a draw)

And for anyone may be interested, in a little less than 80 minutes, the Portuguese Classico: Benfica vs. FC Porto will be kicking off. 

I swear, I might have to start adding "he is at a good club and is fine where he is, but..." to every post about transfers... I'm just curious, since he's the type of player in the type of position that attracts even bigger opportunities despite the fact that Porto is a Portuguese giant, a wonderful club, a fantastic place to play out your prime, and an excellent place for any elite player to hone their skills, as we've seen not only with Luis, but with every off season when the giants go shopping in Portugal.

I haven't seen it and don't really care, I would rather read about him having to sit a match or two at this point than finding out he is injured, he has played quite a bit and a rest won't be bad! He is a very smart footballer and although this sounds bad  I have no concerns about how he plays with us!

7 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

A dumb play like that which may have cost them a result against their biggest rival could land him in the doghouse for a while unfortunately. Hoping not though.

If he was a fringe player, you'd be right about that risk. However, he was only just named Player of the Month in the Portuguese league a minute ago.  I'll be surprised if he doesn't start the Champions League match in midweek.