Stephen Eustaquio

I am not one of those people always chomping at the bit to have our guys keep moving to the next big thing, but you have to say that his recent performances may be grabbing the attention of some.  He is still young enough to have a lot of upside for clubs looking for options.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am not one of those people always chomping at the bit to have our guys keep moving to the next big thing, but you have to say that his recent performances may be grabbing the attention of some.  He is still young enough to have a lot of upside for clubs looking for options.  

I’ve been told we are not allowed to say this. 

Not to get too ahead of ourselves, but I think teams in the premier league are realizing they’ll never be able to financially compete with a club like Manchester City, so instead of big game hunting, they’ll have to moneyball their way to contention. Market price doesn’t dictate actual purchase price, but if a team can purchase eustaquio who now has two champions league goals in the two last games for say, €10M, that’s quite cheap, and you’re getting a better player than what his value is. Not sure if Porto would sell him for that price, since you can see a clear path to him becoming an important player for them for the next several years, but given he still doesn’t have the hype of more established players and has the Canadian tax on his value, I think he’s a very smart purchase.

Edited by InglewoodJack

23 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I’ve been told we are not allowed to say this. 

Not to get too ahead of ourselves, but I think teams in the premier league are realizing they’ll never be able to financially compete with a club like Manchester City, so instead of big game hunting, they’ll have to moneyball their way to contention. Market price doesn’t dictate actual purchase price, but if a team can purchase eustaquio who now has two champions league goals in the two last games for say, €10M, that’s quite cheap, and you’re getting a better player than what his value is. Not sure if Porto would sell him for that price, since you can see a clear path to him becoming an important player for them for the next several years, but given he still doesn’t have the hype of more established players and has the Canadian tax on his value, I think he’s a very smart purchase.

Think he's gotta be a 20M player at this point. Still worth a punt imo.

6 minutes ago, frmr said:

Think he's gotta be a 20M player at this point. Still worth a punt imo.

His value was updated to €8M earlier today. That’s obviously impacted by name recognition and the fact that he’s started a handful of games so far, but at this trajectory, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone wants to pay closer to 20M next summer for him.

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

His value was updated to €8M earlier today. That’s obviously impacted by name recognition and the fact that he’s started a handful of games so far, but at this trajectory, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone wants to pay closer to 20M next summer for him.

He is performing in the Champions League.  If he tops that off with any sort of noteworthy performance at the WC (where he will could very well play all 270+ minutes) I think it is safe to say that his value continues to rise.  

Edited by dyslexic nam