Octavio Zambrano

RJB

6 minutes ago, matty said:

It was shit but it was also more active and many against stronger teams. Remember one of Oz's games didn't count for fifa too.

By my count:

Floro first 7 games

goals scored 2

goals against 8

record 1W 2T 4L

Mauratania x 2, Australia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Bulgaria and Moldova

Zambrano

Jamaica x 2, Costa Rica, El Salvador, French Guyana, Curaçao, Honduras

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

By my count:

Floro first 7 games

goals scored 2

goals against 8

record 1W 2T 4L

Mauratania x 2, Australia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Bulgaria and Moldova

Zambrano

Jamaica x 2, Costa Rica, El Salvador, French Guyana, Curaçao, Honduras

Looks about right.

2 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Still believe in the Wizard.  Today was a disaster but it was a hugely experimental squad and we were missing a handful of our best players.  I assume Oz wanted to test some depth guys and didn't really care too much about the result.   We know our B team can't compete.

And games like this is exactly what they need in order to hold their own come next WCQ cycle. Good experience for them.

34 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Still believe in the Wizard.  Today was a disaster but it was a hugely experimental squad and we were missing a handful of our best players.  I assume Oz wanted to test some depth guys and didn't really care too much about the result.   We know our B team can't compete.

I'm sick of people calling this our B-Team just because a handful of guys weren't called. What regulars were missing? Hoilett, James, de Jong, Ledgerwood, Borjan. Of that only Hoilett and Borjan seem like high impact players. Yes Cavallini and Hutchinson weren't either but they're not regulars ATM so it's hard to call a team a B-team when they're not around.

Stop using the B-Team excuse just because a few guys weren't there.

58 minutes ago, matty said:

I'm sick of people calling this our B-Team just because a handful of guys weren't called. What regulars were missing? Hoilett, James, de Jong, Ledgerwood, Borjan. Of that only Hoilett and Borjan seem like high impact players. Yes Cavallini and Hutchinson weren't either but they're not regulars ATM so it's hard to call a team a B-team when they're not around.

Stop using the B-Team excuse just because a few guys weren't there.

Hutch and Cavallini aren't regulars but they sure are part of our A-team. And when you miss those guys and play others who lack in quality compared to them you can conclude that this is a lackluster squad

29 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Hutch and Cavallini aren't regulars but they sure are part of our A-team. And when you miss those guys and play others who lack in quality compared to them you can conclude that this is a lackluster squad

They're A-team level guys for sure but I just don't think you can call them part of the A-team because one is possibly done and the other is still an unknown in terms of commitment. They're not being there didn't down grade them team as much as say Hoilett not being there.

The B team excuse is lame... we had better players on the pitch, period.  How many of their guys would be good enough for even our so called B team?  We were outplayed and beaten by an inferior opponent.. it happens, just like sometimes we outplay and get results against teams that over match us (i.e. Scotland and Costa Rica this year). 

8 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into his comments but it sounds as if he knows which guys he's going to keep bringing along and which guys might be on the outside looking in following this performance. 

I don't think that is reading too much at all, it is what I took from it as well. That said, he seem to be referring to the newer guys who he hadn't seen before, which is why I think Aleman might be the chief guy he is referring to

12 hours ago, Keegan said:

The B team excuse is lame... we had better players on the pitch, period.  How many of their guys would be good enough for even our so called B team?  We were outplayed and beaten by an inferior opponent.. it happens, just like sometimes we outplay and get results against teams that over match us (i.e. Scotland and Costa Rica this year). 

Well Keven Aleman was good enough for our so called B team, but he is essentially a back up player for Saprissa.

Their domestic players come from their top clubs, which are slightly weaker than Saprissa, but they actually play and stand out, which is why they get selected for El Salvador. 

I think sometimes we underrate El Salvador. They have skilled players even though they play at low levels in our opinion. But again, in general, they actually play.

I'm sometimes guilty of looking past El Salvador too, but moving forward I am going to wait until we beat them by multiple goals a few times in a row before I start seeing them as an easy meal.

I like what OZ is doing.  Having new players and less frequently used players performing at a level better than El Salvador speaks volumes of his work.  We no longer are taken to the cleaners even with newer players.  I see great possibilities for next qualifiers and other competitions.  The only thing I don't understand from OZ is his persistence in playing Larin.  He in my view is nothing more than a useless tree trunk.

19 hours ago, matty said:

So people seem to be turning on OZ now over November.....

Why would people turn on OZ about that? How much is that even his decision and even if it was his decision it is surely based on a lot of other factors that are not under his control. Why do you seem to be looking for reasons to knock OZ down or turn people against him?

As mentioned by others the only reason to turn against OZ would be the result and how we played yesterday. Up to now we have played well under him even in games in which we did not get the result. Yesterday was the first game under him in which we both played bad and got a bad result. Even though it was not our full strength squad and it was hot I think we should have played much better. However, unless that level of play becomes a constant under him there is no reason to turn on him. Even well coached teams have bad games and up to now we have played quite well under him.

2 hours ago, The Ref said:

The only thing I don't understand from OZ is his persistence in playing Larin.  He in my view is nothing more than a useless tree trunk.

I'm not convinced it's solely OZ deciding to play him. I have a suspicion Larin has his cheerleaders within the brass. I think OZ wanted to test Larin again. Maybe OZ's post game interview was directed somewhat towards him among others.  

Do i believe Larin could contribute? Yes.

Do I feel he's putting 100% effort to make runs off the ball and create space? No. He seems disinterested, and lazy.

Is Larin being supported or used to the best of his ability? No. He wasn't getting good service nor was he getting good crosses in the box to make use of his size. 

Does Larin's recent performances deserve to start him over AJH and Cav? No.

15 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Why would people turn on OZ about that? How much is that even his decision and even if it was his decision it is surely based on a lot of other factors that are not under his control. Why do you seem to be looking for reasons to knock OZ down or turn people against him?

As mentioned by others the only reason to turn against OZ would be the result and how we played yesterday. Up to now we have played well under him even in games in which we did not get the result. Yesterday was the first game under him in which we both played bad and got a bad result. Even though it was not our full strength squad and it was hot I think we should have played much better. However, unless that level of play becomes a constant under him there is no reason to turn on him. Even well coached teams have bad games and up to now we have played quite well under him.

Yeah seriously. Who's having beef with OZ? This guy was just trying to evaluate the depth we have. This result, despite being disappointing, doesn't concern me. It was merely a friendly to see how deep we are. 

OZ has done a great job so far and has raised the profile of our national team. We are playing attacking football. Yes it was sloppy and disjointed but what do you expect when you throw a bunch of faces that are not accustomed to playing with one another?

Floro on the other hand was red flags from the start. His style, tactics, lineups and substitutions were dreadful. We could've done way better but he was very stubborn in his defensive philosophy. He shat a bunch of friendlies and was inept during the Gold Cup and a lot of Vs knew this would not suffice for the Hex let alone Russia. 

34 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

I'm not convinced it's solely OZ deciding to play him. I have a suspicion Larin has his cheerleaders within the brass. I think OZ wanted to test Larin again. Maybe OZ's post game interview was directed somewhat towards him among others.  

Do i believe Larin could contribute? Yes.

Do I feel he's putting 100% effort to make runs off the ball and create space? No. He seems disinterested, and lazy.

Is Larin being supported or used to the best of his ability? No. He wasn't getting good service nor was he getting good crosses in the box to make use of his size. 

Does Larin's recent performances deserve to start him over AJH and Cav? No.

I hate when people like Anthony totera dickride cyle  Larin and act like he is Canada's best striker 

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

When did I knock him? I was making a statement about this fanbase and made it before the game was over.

Like seriously before el Salvador scored like ten guys were complaining about November and since have complained about other things and I've defended him

Edited by matty

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic