Octavio Zambrano

RJB

19 hours ago, king1010 said:

Would be great if he came out publicly with the real reason he and the CSA partrd ways. Maybe he can do it on Tim and Sid. 

Given his willingness to toot his own horn, I have a feeling he'd have done that by now were it to be in his best interest. Getting canned when he did for who he did has probably done more for his career than would having fulfilled his contract.

15 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Given his willingness to toot his own horn, I have a feeling he'd have done that by now were it to be in his best interest. Getting canned when he did for who he did has probably done more for his career than would having fulfilled his contract.

You can't say he toots his own horn when he said he would eventually explain what happened, and in the end never did. Nor did the CSA, there was not even a proper press conference to say good-bye. Looks to me they agreed to be quiet about it, they paid him off and that was that. 

OZ is on twitter a lot, tweeting about Canada, about Ecuadorean football and even sports in general (recently about the greatest Equador tennis player and Grand Slam winner, Andrés Gómez), about certain players he admires, about coaching and football philosophy, quite a bit in fact. In Spanish and English about equally. He is more or less an engaged football person, and seems rather worldly and overall enthusiastic about the sport. 

You can tell he would like to speak his mind about Canada, and that it is a frustration, though he has professionally moved on. 

Octavio Zambrano is a good man and an intelligent, experienced football professor of the game. It is disgraceful what was done to him by Canadian Soccer racist. I just watched Herdsman’s interview post game Haiti. He uses the same racist tones that Canadian football people use to describe teams with predominantly black players. Physical, strong etc but never anything about their technical or tactical play. It is appalling.

14 minutes ago, Brazilero said:

Octavio Zambrano is a good man and an intelligent, experienced football professor of the game. It is disgraceful what was done to him by Canadian Soccer racist. I just watched Herdsman’s interview post game Haiti. He uses the same racist tones that Canadian football people use to describe teams with predominantly black players. Physical, strong etc but never anything about their technical or tactical play. It is appalling.

Get the fuck out of here with this shit.

15 minutes ago, Brazilero said:

Just fuck off.

Seriously.  

1 hour ago, Brazilero said:

I liked OZ and what the CSA did was BS and Herdman is just FAKE but come on man ! Are you serious ? You must be on some weird drugs ! You are just wrong! 

26 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I liked OZ and what the CSA did was BS and Herdman is just FAKE but come on man ! Are you serious ? You must be on some weird drugs ! You are just wrong! 

These guys are a dime a dozen in Canadian soccer.  They do nothing, complain about everything and when no one throws them immediately in charge of something with some dubious claim to superiority, they claim racism.

How can the people that hired Zambrano, and before that Floro now be racist because the fired him.... it defies logic. 

It's the classic spurious claim of those who really have nothing to offer. 

On 6/30/2019 at 12:50 AM, king1010 said:

Would be great if he came out publicly with the real reason he and the CSA partrd ways. Maybe he can do it on Tim and Sid. 

Yes, he probably should come out publicly and speak, but what good would that do. Canadian football hired OZ as a way to keep things quiet. Then fired him knowing it would make things hectic. The reasons he was hired were not the right reasons and the reason he was fired is as old as colonialism. I see a lot of hate on here when the system of racism is called out in football. Gee, wonder why? 🤔 

10 minutes ago, Brazilero said:

Yes, he probably should come out publicly and speak, but what good would that do. Canadian football hired OZ as a way to keep things quiet. Then fired him knowing it would make things hectic. The reasons he was hired were not the right reasons and the reason he was fired is as old as colonialism. I see a lot of hate on here when the system of racism is called out in football. Gee, wonder why? 🤔 

Victor hired Oz , Victor left and Reed took over. Oz wanted to change the CSA around and Reed didn’t. He’s part of old boys club. An  accountant trying to run a football Association. So Oz was fired and a CSA  lapdog Herdman was hired. This has nothing to do with  racism, this has to do with politics! It’s pretty simple 

27 minutes ago, Brazilero said:

Probably because the notion that Herdman is racist towards blacks is hard to take seriously when the Canadian team under Herdman is also “predominantly black” or hadn’t you noticed?  I am critical of Herdman’s mistakes in this tourney and the “mental toughness” corner he has now put himself in, but this racism complaint is unfounded, unless you have evidence or proof of actual racist terms being used (hint- calling a team of athletic players “athletic” doesn’t count as being racist)

3 hours ago, Brazilero said:

On Canada Day no less.

You sound like every parent who's kid wasn't good enough to make a team so you hold a grudge against Canada Soccer.

Cite your sources or fuck off.

Edited by Califax
More heat.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Probably because the notion that Herdman is racist towards blacks is hard to take seriously when the Canadian team under Herdman is also “predominantly black” or hadn’t you noticed?  I am critical of Herdman’s mistakes in this tourney and the “mental toughness” corner he has now put himself in, but this racism complaint is unfounded, unless you have evidence or proof of actual racist terms being used (hint- calling a team of athletic players “athletic” doesn’t count as being racist)

I don’t think Herdsman is a racist. The good old boys club in the CSA and OSA, those people are racist. 

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Victor hired Oz , Victor left and Reed took over. Oz wanted to change the CSA around and Reed didn’t. He’s part of old boys club. An  accountant trying to run a football Association. So Oz was fired and a CSA  lapdog Herdman was hired. This has nothing to do with  racism, this has to do with politics! It’s pretty simple 

You don’t know exactly what happened. I do. Saw it and heard it first hand. Lots of people will say that Canadian Soccer isn’t racist, but they would be very wrong. Canada is as racist as America is, we just hide it better.

11 minutes ago, Brazilero said:

You don’t know exactly what happened. I do. Saw it and heard it first hand. Lots of people will say that Canadian Soccer isn’t racist, but they would be very wrong. Canada is as racist as America is, we just hide it better.

Get off this board.  We do not want people like you.

23 minutes ago, Brazilero said:

I don’t think Herdsman is a racist. The good old boys club in the CSA and OSA, those people are racist. 

But you accused him of having racist overtones because he called the Haitian team who are "predominantly black" as being "athletic".

Charlie Davies, who is also black, just called the Curacao team (who are also predominantly black) "athletic" at the 15:40 mark of this video. Does that make him racist towards blacks, or is there a double-standard here depending upon who is paying the athletes a compliment?

I can't comment on your accusations about the members of the CSA & OSA since the claim is non-specific, but if this is the criteria you are going to use for making claims of racism, you are shooting yourself in the foot for being taken seriously on such claims.

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

15 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

But you accused him of having racist overtones because he called the Haitian team who are "predominantly black" as being "athletic".

Charlie Davies, who is also black, just called the Curacao team (who are also predominantly black) "athletic" at the 15:40 mark of this video. Does that make him racist towards blacks, or is there a double-standard here depending upon who is paying the athletes a compliment?

I can't comment on your accusations about the members of the CSA & OSA since the claim is non-specific, but if this is the criteria you are going to use for making claims of racism, you are shooting yourself in the foot for being taken seriously on such claims.

Typical responses from those who do not take racism and it’s affects seriously. Not surprised.

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic