CPL Stadium Thread

5 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Because you’re a bully and you’re getting called out for it.  Cry me a river. 

Only one of us has called into question the other's ability to read, called the other embarrassing, felt the "need" to "lecture" the other, and has now added the word "bully" to the mix, and it ain't me.

Now I"m going to heed @Ansem's advice and invite you to continue this via PM. Or continue to bore everyone else on the board with this, your choice.

All true though?  I thought you were down with the “facts”?  

Mission accomplished here.  I believe you owe an apology to @Macksam for misrepresenting what he said. 

Lets be real - you called out a poster on a trivial matter that he didn’t even say.  Shit like that has been happening on this board too often.

Edited by Keegan

2 hours ago, Keegan said:

All true though?  I thought you were down with the “facts”?  

Mission accomplished here.  I believe you owe an apology to @Macksam for misrepresenting what he said. 

Lets be real - you called out a poster on a trivial matter that he didn’t even say.  Shit like that has been happening on this board too often.

Oh so we're not doing PM's? Cool.

I haven't misrepresented anything. I used the quote button to ensure that I was speaking directly to him, and on the previous page I even spelled that out for you, but you had already decided the context of my words despite the posts showing actual evidence to the contrary.

But sure. Go ahead and claim Mission Accomplished, George W. Bush style. You do you.

9 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

What statement of @Macksam‘s are you referring to?

I am wondering the same thing. I am boisterous and opinionated but passing off statements/opinions as facts...that’s BBTB’s specialty...not mine.

9 hours ago, dsqpr said:

Is it just me or are MLS fans just a little touchy these days? <evil grin>.

I see @Macksam's post has double digit likes. I for one cannot fathom how such an interesting and innocuous post stirred up the attacks that followed. It was the stuff of Voyageurs legend.

But, I am still only a club captain.....patiently awaiting my national team call up. 

Edited by Macksam

• 2 weeks later...

Cavalry FC to produce ‘most unique’ soccer experience in Canada :

"Cavalry FC intends to transform this showjumping home into a soccer spectacle that will offer one of the most unique professional soccer experiences in Canada — if not the world.

Sitting side-by-side with the iconic International Ring, Meadows on the Green is just one of several spectacular arenas inside Spruce Meadows, a venue Cavalry FC coach Tommy Wheeldon Jr. has referred to as Canada’s equivalent to New York City’s “Central Park.”

Because, as the club frames it, walking into Cavalry’s venue from Spruce Meadows’ “Pre-Game Plaza” will be like walking into hallowed grounds.

Additional stands along the north hill at Meadows on the Green will boost capacity to 6,000 on Canadian Premier League match days.

The east grandstand is akin to seating at Fulham’s Craven Cottage, an old-school English stadium with columns and covered seating, the sort befitting the grandeur of Spruce Meadows."

218257-SpruceMeadows-DJI_0003_FR-e155127

https://canpl.ca/article/calvary-fc-spruce-meadows-to-produce-most-unique-soccer-experience-in-canada

^^^ Putting it on a bit thick aren't they?

Have to admit that pavilion set back from the one touch line reminds me more of a cricket oval that a footie grounds but there it is. 

Anyway, I'm sure it will be great fun taking in a match there.  For a Winnipeg lad I have to admit that, to me at least, nothing quite says "Calgary" like the instantly recognizable hint of livestock whenever the wind shifts.

Enjoy lads, enjoy.

21 minutes ago, CDNFootballer said:

"Cavalry FC intends to transform this showjumping home into a soccer spectacle that will offer one of the most unique professional soccer experiences in Canada — if not the world.

Sitting side-by-side with the iconic International Ring, Meadows on the Green is just one of several spectacular arenas inside Spruce Meadows, a venue Cavalry FC coach Tommy Wheeldon Jr. has referred to as Canada’s equivalent to New York City’s “Central Park.”

Because, as the club frames it, walking into Cavalry’s venue from Spruce Meadows’ “Pre-Game Plaza” will be like walking into hallowed grounds.

Additional stands along the north hill at Meadows on the Green will boost capacity to 6,000 on Canadian Premier League match days.

The east grandstand is akin to seating at Fulham’s Craven Cottage, an old-school English stadium with columns and covered seating, the sort befitting the grandeur of Spruce Meadows."

218257-SpruceMeadows-DJI_0003_FR-e155127

https://canpl.ca/article/calvary-fc-spruce-meadows-to-produce-most-unique-soccer-experience-in-canada

It looks pretty from this depicted angle but I am guess on television the cameras will have to be set up on that east grandstand which will mean no stands/spectators will be seen for most of the television coverage, since there doesn't appear to be any spectators on the west (and no central place to put television cameras from a high enough angle). Still, I do like the look of the grandstand and the stand on the south

10 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

It looks pretty from this depicted angle but I am guess on television the cameras will have to be set up on that east grandstand which will mean no stands/spectators will be seen for most of the television coverage, since there doesn't appear to be any spectators on the west (and no central place to put television cameras from a high enough angle). Still, I do like the look of the grandstand and the stand on the south

If you look closely, there's what appears to be a camera bay in the west stands just to the right of that large Cavalry logo (in line with the centre line).

If that's the case, it would be facing the east grandstand. 

57 minutes ago, RS said:

If you look closely, there's what appears to be a camera bay in the west stands just to the right of that large Cavalry logo (in line with the centre line).

If that's the case, it would be facing the east grandstand. 

It also would be problematic in the east grandstand due to the roof and poles.  I’d say you are right - also the league has to demand they show the stands it’s common sense. 

Edited by Keegan

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

It also would be problematic in the east grandstand due to the roof and poles.  I’d say you are right - also the league has to demand they show the stands it’s common sense. 

During the Al Classico Prospects series in the fall last year, the camera was set up on the players bench side, facing the main grandstand. The main grandstand (and the south stand for that matter) did not exist at that time, and the ground still looked brilliant. With the new main stand, and the south supporters end, it will look incredible

Check out the following video for highlights - you'll get a feel for how the stadium is laid out (FFWD to 2:05 for match highlights). 

Perhaps the only gripe is that the camera angle is a bit too low - hopefully MediaPro can assist with that. 

13 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

This is one of my pet peeves...the two words should not go together. If there are two unique things, one can't be more unique than the other. Something is either unique or it's not. I do understand it's used this way in common English, but perhaps their writers would be better off expanding their vocabulary to describe their stadium. Pet peeve over, I have to go have my nap now.

2 minutes ago, matty said:

So question...which current CPL stadium becomes the first to host a CanMNT game? Imma say Spruce Meadows or Wanderers Grounds.

I think Wanderers grounds would be awesome.  It would be cool for our guys to play a friendly in front of packed pro Canada crowd.

2 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I think Wanderers grounds would be awesome.  It would be cool for our guys to play a friendly in front of packed pro Canada crowd.

without doubt. i'm hopeful with the nations league and canada hosting 3 games at home we see the csa be bold and do a tours of the games. 2019-20 that would be massive if you're playing the us or mexico. great build for 2026 too.