CPL Stadium Thread

4 hours ago, C2SKI said:

...but I think moving the team away from the community that facilitated your emergence could be really damaging. Particularly in the early years.

And please notice I said "long term". I am NOT advocating any move for at least the first five to ten years at this point.

I hope that Westhills will be great and that it fills up and gets the second round of expansion slated for 2020. But realistically, that site will be maxed out and the parking/transport issues will not improve significantly along the way as there is no way to significantly upgrade the infrastructure  - unless the trains start running in which case a "football specials" could be on offer from Nanaimo and downtown Victoria.

In four years time, the next round of civic election would be the time to talk about replacing RAP. If that election sees supporters of the project elected it would be years before the stadium got replaced or renovated which means the team couldn't really talk about moving until 2024 or later.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:56 PM, Ansem said:

Seems like Clarke Stadium will be the worst stadium in the league ?

But wait!!;)

Clarke Stadiums new layout (oddly placed corner stands moved in a better position in the north end, couple of bleachers added flanking the supporters bleacher and suites flanking the old main grandstand bleacher seating. Looks like Clarkes gone from 4200 seats to about maybe 5000 now) :

A385CB7E-8C86-4AA3-908B-014FAF34A63E.thu

Edited by CDNFootballer

CPL Stadium Capacities :

Hamilton Forge FC........................?...

Winnipeg Valour FC..................10000 (soccer configuration)

York 9 FC...................................8000

Calgary Cavalry FC....................6000

Halifax Wanderers FC................6500

FC Edmonton............................5000 est

Pacific FC..................................5000 (8000 post pole removal in 2020 planned)

Edited by CDNFootballer

31 minutes ago, CDNFootballer said:

CPL Stadium Capacities :

Hamilton Forge FC........................?...

FC Edmonton............................5000 est

Pacific FC..................................5000 (8000 post pole removal in 2020 planned)

14k for Forge

On 11/2/2018 at 12:29 AM, CDNFootballer said:

But wait!!;)

Clarke Stadiums new layout (oddly placed corner stands moved in a better position in the north end, couple of bleachers added flanking the supporters bleacher and suites flanking the old main grandstand bleacher seating. Looks like Clarkes gone from 4200 seats to about maybe 5000 now) :

A385CB7E-8C86-4AA3-908B-014FAF34A63E.thu

That is a much smarter layout, overall. Also smart, IMO, to put the supporter stand and the stands beside it, presumibly to be seated in end zone, at the same price. 

I suppose the family zone is this goofy idea to let the kids run around in the middle of the game while parents watch, but that much set-back for stands is a formula for an empty seating area. And a waste of space as I see it. 

Could someone explain how it works with that single Prairie Blue stand in front of the more expensive Sky Blue behind the benches.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Could someone explain how it works with that single Prairie Blue stand in front of the more expensive Sky Blue behind the benches.

It’s an old concrete grandstand on that side. In this picture you can kind of see the layout. I don’t think the size of the sections indicated in the seating chart are really to scale. Or perhaps they are not placed perfectly relatively to each other. Or the other possibility is that they are doing some renovations on that stand that will change it to reflect more of what is indicated in the seating chart. 

2CCD065F-4F18-4B4E-9A56-34B554611200.jpeg

1 minute ago, rob.notenboom said:

It’s an old concrete grandstand on that side. In this picture you can kind of see the layout. I don’t think the size of the sections indicated in the seating chart are really to scale. Or perhaps they are not placed perfectly relatively to each other. Or the other possibility is that they are doing some renovations on that stand that will change it to reflect more of what is indicated in the seating chart. 

2CCD065F-4F18-4B4E-9A56-34B554611200.jpeg

So really up high in that lower grandstand is a good deal for views,  bench activities. ..

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

So really up high in that lower grandstand is a good deal for views,  bench activities. ..

It’s a pretty good viewing area to be honest. I sat their for half of one FCE game once (spent the other half in the supporter’s section). 

It’s a relic though, that stand. It would be better if it were replaced but I can’t see that happening. 

38 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Will they be ripping out that synthetic surface with grid iron lines on it before the CPL season starts?

I would assume so. You can't have a tier one professional league with another sport's lines on the field. I would hope that is part of the plan.

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

Will they be ripping out that synthetic surface with grid iron lines on it before the CPL season starts?

They have been removing the CFL lines and leaving the soccer lines (and then reversing the process ... at Tom Fath’s expense I’ve been told) for years. So the field should have no CFL lines on it for CanPL. 

Edited by rob.notenboom

7 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

It’s a pretty good viewing area to be honest. I sat their for half of one FCE game once (spent the other half in the supporter’s section). 

It’s a relic though, that stand. It would be better if it were replaced but I can’t see that happening. 

They should really put some proper seats on that whole concrete grandstand to replace the bleachers.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, CDNFootballer said:

CPL Stadium Capacities :

Hamilton Forge FC....................14000 (soccer configuration)

FC Edmonton............................5112

Updates to Hamilton Forge FC and FC Edmonton.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Oranje said:

You'd be hard pressed to find something that isn't lame on that graphic... 

The colours are okay. So is the font choice. The problem is not the graphic, it is the content. 

How can anyone seriously think about stands that way, stuck out miles away from a field. It is insulting to soccer fans that they actually think that was a decent offering.