Cyle Larin

shermanator

16 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Hoilett, Larin and Davies up front with Arfield and Osorio linking to them is going to cause a lot of CONCACAF teams a lot of grief.  

This is the best front 5 that we’ve had in a long time.  

That doesn't even take Cav into consideration - who definitely warrants inclusion in that group.  It's up to Herdman to figure out how we best use these guys.

2 hours ago, Snowcrash said:

That's a great article. That article also tells me that for top talents like Larin, you waste prime development years by going to the NCCA, no matter how good that college team is.

Dont a lot of the College kids come back and play in L1ontario, or go back to the academy they came from during the summer??

I remember in the last game of the season for Besiktas, Larin missed a really good chance on a breakaway in the first half. Then he got more chances and scored a hat trick and everyone forgot about the miss. The problem with Canada is often a striker only gets one chance and if he misses that is all anyone remembers. Hopefully with our recent improvement in attacking players that will change.

I think there's a reason that no striker ever has really been prolific for Canada despite some decent strikers playing for us over the years. It's our style of play, lack of chance creation and overall chemistry on the pitch. Let's hope that changes with the talent we have up top! Latin and Cav should have a feast with the talent around them.

Edited by kingvikingstad

4 hours ago, kingvikingstad said:

I think there's a reason that no striker ever has really been prolific for Canada despite some decent strikers playing for us over the years. It's our style of play, lack of chance creation and overall chemistry on the pitch. Let's hope that changes with the talent we have up top! Latin and Cav should have a feast with the talent around them.

also it's the lack of games we play. We still don't have any players over 100 caps. We're on track to play 4 games this year.

43 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

also it's the lack of games we play. We still don't have any players over 100 caps. We're on track to play 4 games this year.

At least that will change with nations league. 

Even without nations league, some of our players born in the 90's look like they'll break the caps record. Piette is on 38 caps and he is only 24 years old. Larin is only 23 years old and he's on 24 caps...

Those two players, unlike Straith (who has nearly 50 caps at the age of 28) look like they'll be mainstays in the team for years to come. They both should crush 100 caps. Even Straith will continue to pick up caps here and there and could end his career in the top 10.

The other player setting a good pace is Davies (obviously) with 6 caps at the age of 17. I expect him to crush it as well.

30 minutes ago, Obinna said:

At least that will change with nations league. 

Even without nations league, some of our players born in the 90's look like they'll break the caps record. Piette is on 38 caps and he is only 24 years old. Larin is only 23 years old and he's on 24 caps...

Those two players, unlike Straith (who has nearly 50 caps at the age of 28) look like they'll be mainstays in the team for years to come. They both should crush 100 caps. Even Straith will continue to pick up caps here and there and could end his career in the top 10.

The other player setting a good pace is Davies (obviously) with 6 caps at the age of 17. I expect him to crush it as well.

It’s sad because he would have around 15~ if our team played on international dates. 

18 hours ago, kingvikingstad said:

Ali Gerrrrrrrrba!! ?
One of my all-time fave national team players... and boy could he score. Too bad he only had like 30 caps or something!

9 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

Curious if Larin will get the start on Thursday. They are playing an upper ranked Austrian team..

I can see Larin playing seeing as he just scored a hat trick in the last europa league game and their opposition doesn’t seem that tough

I wouldn't say that they are an upper ranked Austrian team. It's LASK Linz. They got promoted 2 years ago and finished 4th last year and are playing in Europe for the first time since the 2000 Intertoto Cup. They crushed Liilestrom in the previous round who are right now 1 point above the drop in Norway.  

So, I wouldn't take much of that team. Think it might be a flash in a pan from Linz.

Edited by Blackdude

Whoscored gave Larin one of the lowest ratings on the team (6.5) with their average being 7. Didn’t watch the game so can’t give an opinion, but did anyone else watch it?

18 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Whoscored gave Larin one of the lowest ratings on the team (6.5) with their average being 7. Didn’t watch the game so can’t give an opinion, but did anyone else watch it?

Didn’t watch but apprnetly he missed two golden opportunities / sitters