Cyle Larin

shermanator

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Teasing, sort of: I looked at the table today, and the match report, he sat on the pine as they ran over their rival, they are 3 points out of the league lead.

3 hours ago, beachesl said:

Well, you cannot say the club did not give him lots of chances earlier. Hopefully something will open up.

I think with wins come chances for Larin. So it is good to see Besiktas keep pace in the title race.

The Europa League is where Besiktas can afford to give him opportunities, without the weight of expectation, to an extent. They'll want to advance to the knockouts and make a deep run, of course, but I don't imagine they realistically expect to win the Europa League.

Anything can happen, but I imagine it is on the domestic level where the club and fans can expect to win things. And that being the case, the players they know and trust most will be the ones who will play in the league when the going gets tough. That is because they expect to win that title, again. For now, Larin is not part of that category of players. 

That is why I see a continuation in this trend where Larin is playing in the Europa League matches instead. I don't mind this once bit considering I had reservations he'd even be playing and scoring for the club regularly in year 1. So far so good from that perspective.

And from a CanMNT perspective, I also don't even care whether the bulk of his minutes come from, the only thing that matters is that he is 1) getting minutes and 2) is in good form. 

Edited by Obinna

39 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Can see Larin going out on loan in January if that's the case. Depending on the destination it might not be the worst thing. Seems he needs a confidence boost and game time. 

Funny thing is, he could have another multi goal game in a few weeks and the narrative will change once again.  

7 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Canucks Abroad are linking a number of Turkish rumour sites reporting that Besiktas are looking to offload Larin in January. Can't really say I blame them. He's simply not performing, and he is being outworked by a 34-year old Vagner Love.

Loan or transfer?

13 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I highly doubt either will go to MLS. Atiba probably want's to retire with besiktas and it would be better for larin development to stay in Europe instead of heading back to MLS.

Atiba did said that he didn't felt respected or recognized by the 3 Canadian clubs. As for Larin... MLS would logically be the last league he'd want to end up in...

That's really too bad...

Do I have to remind this? It makes zero sense that Larin would want to go back after the club wrote this after his transfer.

After recognizing the existence of a valid contract, Beşiktaş J.K. has agreed with Orlando City SC on terms for the transfer of forward Cyle Larin to the Turkish side for an undisclosed fee,” read the statement. “Although the Club was disappointed with the unacceptable behavior of the athlete and his representatives, a decision was taken to guarantee compensation with the Club’s future in mind.

“The Club looks forward to focusing on the upcoming season with staff and players who honor and respect the strong values of the Club and commitment to our community to lead us through 2018 and beyond.”

5 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I don't see that happening

Read the article then translate it, It’s the Turkish tabloids who wrote that the club isn’t happy with him and that the player is in touch with orlando on a possible return to MLS 

I would like to him to stay in Europe

Edited by Thomas

Their front 4 are lined up like this

Quaresma------Ozyakup---------Lens

------------------------Babel-----------------------

So Babel is essentially playing out of position. Typically he is in Lens' spot, who himself is generally coming off the bench.

Not sure if this is more able Lens being in good form, or the coach not having faith in Love or Larin, but I am prone to believe it is the latter. Love is still scoring, but he was rumored to be leaving last window, has hit 34 years of age, and was brought into the club as a stop gap (I think). While Larin, the young CF they are investing in, has not scored in a while (which we are well aware of).

Got to produce at a club like Besiktas to see the field. A learning experience for young Cyle. Fortunately, we have Cavallini in form so Larin struggling for minutes is not detrimental from a CanMNT perspective.

Edited by Obinna