Cyle Larin

shermanator

They win 1-0, he played 90.

Second half near the start he had a beautiful header at the far post the keeper nicely saved. Then he fought for a long high clearance with a defender, came out alone vs the keeper but a heavy touch with the keeper charging outside the box did not let him make the play for goal. He was very participative throughout, worked hard, as did the whole team. A tough match, where Girona pushed for the last half hour, but when RV decided to defend in a block they handled it mostly.

They are 7 above relegation and will be at least 5 above regardless of the Valencia result tomorrow, with 8 matches left. I think they play this Thursday away to Valencia in fact, I'll be at the Barça-Chelsea women's semi final second leg at the same time.

Valencia host Valladolid today at 7.30 Spain time. The hosts threatened with relegation though coming off a win and pushing hard. Valladolid with 7/9 points with their new coach, who is sanctioned this fixture as well after his red at Villareal. 

Valladolid will likely repeat the lineup, a backline of 4 with Hongla dropping into the middle to help, three ahead of them, Plata out wide, Larin up top. 

I can't watch, going to Barça-Chelsea women today, semis of the CL.

Saw a comparison of Larin with a Valencia striker/wing, Lino, that gave his stats so far, interesting that he has two official assists, a shot every half hour, fouled once every half, scoring one of five shots. I somehow think he's on four yellows but may be three. He's been dry for a few weeks now though, be nice to see him score in a very tough match:

16825399640283.png

In other irrelevant news from Spain, I've been working at home all day and there's loud music from somewhere in the distance, been going for hours. Then it just occured to me, Springsteen is doing the sound check for the opening concert of the European tour, in the Olympic Stadium. It's just over a mile away as the crow flies, I can hear incredibly clearly at times, just played about half of Atlantic City.

They haven't had concerts there for years.

It's actually, imo, a lousy venue, an open stadium with a track, no bowl effect, bad acoustics. And for football, many mediocre sightlines as happens with end zones so far away. I saw De Guzmán play there vs. Espanyol when it was their transitional stadium. Barça is going to play there next season with less than 50,000 usuable seats, they've decided to radically increase ticket prices, 40% of regulars will miss out. So another twist: if Messi comes back he won't even have the send-off at Camp Nou, as it'll be under construction. 

Now he's playing Human Touch, can hear the words clearly. 

Back to work, thanks for letting me indulge.

11 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think this was his 6th goal and with a 6th goal, his transfer becomes permanent as long as they are not relegated.  

Hopefully someone else confirm that for me.

A win today would be massive for their chances of beating the drop.

image.png.9c874b7428313ca4226f638ba0cc304c.png

1 minute ago, RS said:

I figured you would be all over the fact that these broadcasts are all free on YouTube.

I'm was trying to help people find an alternate way for people to view games on what has turned out to be a very good streaming channel, and for some reason I can't fathom, you and a few others are taking exception and being aholes about it.  I don't get it, you'd think you had shares in Onesoccer or Bell/Rogers are something.

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

So I guess the question for Larin is, so we prefer like a Tottenham/Newcastle move, or would he do better at like Atletico, athletic club, that sort of team. Probably needs a few years before Madrid comes calling, but a good step for one of the best goal scorers in Spain.

Pump the brakes.  He is in a great environment and flourishing against world class opposition.  While it would be fun to watch him in the CL I don’t see any convincing reason to uproot him yet again and subject him to yet another club and environment.  

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Pump the brakes.  He is in a great environment and flourishing against world class opposition.  While it would be fun to watch him in the CL I don’t see any convincing reason to uproot him yet again and subject him to yet another club and environment.  

Yeah, I mean, I thought about Manchester city- Haaland and Larin up front could really wreck the league, but baby steps at a time. We need him a good transitional club first. 

20 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think Larin may have found a home.

His club have been a mid table quality club since he’s joined.  He’s 28 and it’s time for him to settle and be productive.  If he can bang in 10+ goals a year in La Liga during his prime then that’s a great solution in my books.

It really makes him the 2nd best striker in CONCACAF after David.

28 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I'm was trying to help people find an alternate way for people to view games on what has turned out to be a very good streaming channel, and for some reason I can't fathom, you and a few others are taking exception and being aholes about it.  I don't get it, you'd think you had shares in Onesoccer or Bell/Rogers are something.

What in particular was I being an asshole about in my response? Was it the link to a completely free legal YouTube stream that has nothing to do with OneSoccer or Bell/Rogers?

I was doing the exact same thing you were, but through the legit means rather than for a channel that doesn't actually exist in Canada. Give your head a shake.