Cyle Larin

shermanator

So are you getting the Real Madrid game in Canada? Those tv contracts often leave out Madrid and Barça because there's a much higher cost if you want them.

I think he'll start as a lone striker. 

If you work in the midfield vs Madrid you can get the ball because Modric and Kroos don't have the defensive work rate anymore. Then they really have noone down their right in attack. Madrid has gaps you can exploit. But Rudiger and Militao at the back will be a tough match for Cyle.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So are you getting the Real Madrid game in Canada? Those tv contracts often leave out Madrid and Barça because there's a much higher cost if you want them.

I think he'll start as a lone striker. 

If you work in the midfield vs Madrid you can get the ball because Modric and Kroos don't have the defensive work rate anymore. Then they really have noone down their right in attack. Madrid has gaps you can exploit. But Rudiger and Militao at the back will be a tough match for Cyle.

TSN have full La Liga rights.

They pretty much only ever show Barcelona or Real Madrid on the main cable channel. 

The rest of the matches get kicked to their streaming service 

Edited by narduch

Starting on the bench apparently.  He must have some lingering fatigue from the Nat games.  Otherwise it is pretty odd to sit him.  

I guess some alternate theories are you plan to bunker and bring him on late for a smash and grab of 1 or 3 points, or you expect to lose this game anyway so are just resting him for more winnable games.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Starting on the bench apparently.  He must have some lingering fatigue from the Nat games.  Otherwise it is pretty odd to sit him.  

I guess some alternate theories are you plan to bunker and bring him on late for a smash and grab of 1 or 3 points, or you expect to lose this game anyway so are just resting him for more winnable games.  

Agreed. But then it seems the possession is similar so far, so they're really not bunkering. They're even getting shots.

1-0 los merengues.

Disappointed he's not on.

2-0. 

Starting to think they basically conceded this game and want him fresh for the next winnable game.  If it happened to be close with 20-30 minutes left they could bring him on and go for it but otherwise just save him - especially considering his international efforts.  

it would be an understandable decision even if it would be disappointing for Larin personally. A team like Valladolid may need to be  tactical in the way they approach games like this.  

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

4-0.

These are the teams that'll gift points to Madrid year after year. Even when Madrid is out of the title race and RV need points.

Barça has never had such a luxury.

So you think they would have played Larin today if this had been a game away in Barcelona?  That seems suspect.  

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So you think they would have played Larin today if this had been a game away in Barcelona?  That seems suspect.  

It's not Larin, it's the mentality of the clubs. Valladolid, Getafe, Leganes, 2nd tier teams like Burgos, Alcorcón, they are Real Madrid fans first, when many club owners and presidents are Madrid club members. If they lose and even relegate it's only bothers them a bit because RM is their 1st team .

This match is so typical. 

Espanyol will also let themselves get screwed by them  if it can hurt Barça in the league.

Madrid will get played totally differently vs the Basque teams, Osasuna, the Andalusian teams. Even Deportivo de Coruña played them tough.

So do Atletico de Madrid, obviously.

This match is cookie cutter, which is why I normally want teams like this to relegate. And yes, Pacheta is a small town Castillian who played for Espanyol, he's a Madrid ally in the crunch.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Just now, Club Linesman said:

He has a chance to play against Real Madrid.  Only 1 Canadian before to my knowledge.  He will want to be on that field and bag one or more.  
Now the manager might not play him to save him for the next game, but Larin would want to be out there.  What athlete wouldn’t…

Radzinski played against Madrid in Champions League. Talking about official matches of course.