Cyle Larin

shermanator

Bit of a summary.

Cyle started well, his teammates did not find him on a few plays and he complained to them. He was also called to the bench a few times, even after the first goal he went to have a conversation, m. 2.

After they got the second he pulled back as did the team. Only in 2nd half he was in a few counters with a bit of danger. One he had the ball and had space on a counter and Reina was way out, he could have chipped him I thought. 

Subbed out too early for my liking, but the team needed to hang on for the points.

Overall, they were not fantastic but killed off time well, and were lucky as the rival was not too effective. Lots of yellows, red to the coach, but at least the grit to allow them to do that.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

So far, rivals results have been favourable, Espanyol lost and so did Cádiz, late to Madrid. 

I found out that the stadium reno in Villareal is so new they played up to the World Cup in Valencia, everything is very spiffy though there are sections of hallways unfinished. No supporter section, though the stadium does chant together it's perhaps the lowest key group of fans you'll find. Plenty of grannies and kids, lots of women of all ages.

Turned out to be a good week for Valladolid, every team behind or near them lost or drew except them. There are now 6 teams threatened with relegation, one almost surely down, then a small mid-table group separating from the threat, a bit in front of RV. 

Next fixture is home to Girona, part of the City group like Troyes and NYCFC, who are in that mid-table group, but a very similar quality team. Interestingly Pezzolano, the RV coach, was formerly coach of the Uruguay team that is also part of City Group.

Their coach Pezzolano has been given a two-match ban for whatever he said to deserve his sideline red card against Villareal. 

I often find teams without their coaches do just as well, you have to get to the match prepared, then what the coach may decide during is less vital. So prepare your team and enjoy the match from the presidential box, mister.

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Starting v Girona. It's on TSN +

Thanks, excited for this one. Rivals' results continue to go their way so any points will benefit them, with a win being critical. At 32 points and 9 games left, they will likely be safe with a point a game, 41 or 42.  

Historically Girona has done very badly in Zorilla, Valladolid has their number. Both teams promoted from 2nd division last season and were rivals last year too.

I am more a Girona fan, being here in Catalonia and nice project, but since they have more of a cushion above relegation, going with Cyle.

He had two early chances, one a lovely control using his body on a high ball and a quick turn for a shot just wide; then a glancing header wide. He's active. Also got a knock but has played through it. Valladolid dominating and Girona letting them (also they have had two very early injuries entailing subs). 

RV just went up on a goal he was involved in early, he went back to control a divided ball being cleared, ball took a weird high deflection and Plata took it to the endline to centre for Monchu, 1-0.