Cyle Larin

shermanator

Related @baulderdash77, they had 4 players only on international duty, Hongla was with Cameroon, Larin, El Yamiq went with Morrocco but did not play, then Fresneda who was with Spain u-19s who qualified for the summer Euro tournament.

In other RV news, read a story today that the person with the influence and actively brokering a possible move of Carlo Ancellotti to Brazil is none other than Valladolid owner and president Ronaldo Nazario de Lima. He apparently has a powerful influence on the Brazil federation president and board.

Ronaldo seems to have also sided against Dilma when she became president after Lula was pushed out, before that gem Bolsonaro came to power. So he spends considerable time power brokering in Brazil, the Ancellotti move being the latest of football and non-football manouevers. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

A club like Real Valladolid doesn’t get all that many full international players and it’s indeed news for one of their players to score a brace in an international tournament.

I’m sure the fans there are becoming quite enamoured with him, especially given his production for their club.

Oh, they're enamoured all right...

319202724_Screenshot_20230329_212021_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.5493a0c13847a393812a57f96208dc26.jpg

4 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

A club like Real Valladolid doesn’t get all that many full international players and it’s indeed news for one of their players to score a brace in an international tournament.

I’m sure the fans there are becoming quite enamoured with him, especially given his production for their club.

Real Valladolid admin is in love with him. They're spamming nonstop their social media with his content.

This club became Real Larin since his arrival.

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Cyle Larín

I liked how one Valladolid guy just after he signed, on a podcast, started to argue that proper English spelling would put a "K" there, since "cy" was "sy", as in cycling, cyborg. So properly he shoud be called Sile Larin. 

Rarely have I heard such worry about a name, in Barcelona noone ever said "Cruyff" correctly and they don't now either, club and world icon, who cares how to pronounce his name.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I liked how one Valladolid guy just after he signed, on a podcast, started to argue that proper English spelling would put a "K" there, since "cy" was "sy", as in cycling, cyborg. So properly he shoud be called Sile Larin. 

Rarely have I heard such worry about a name, in Barcelona noone ever said "Cruyff" correctly and they don't now either, club and world icon, who cares how to pronounce his name.

I was just playing further on what Inglewood Jack posted, pointing out how they pronuce larin, with an acute emphasis on the second vowel, in typical spanish fashion. Interesting to hear about the Cy vs K debate they had. Must be confusing for them!

10 hours ago, Kent said:

I'm right there with them. When I first started seeing Cyle's name I thought "Ah crap! How long is it going to be until I hear this name said. I don't want to mispronounce it in my head for months and then have to retrain myself." I didn't know if it was Kyle or Sile either.

You gave me another classic CANMNT flashback!  Belize with Mad Bull & Maestro.  They must've come up with 9 different versions for his name in that one game.