Liam Millar

Northvansteve

Final score 1-0 Liam Captains the side again. They move up to 2nd in the PL2 

unbeaten since Liam has been Captain ... happy for the responsibility helping him to grow as a player maybe one day a future CMNT captain...

will post match report when posted 

Man of the Match performance according to this match report ...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/10/liverpool-u23s-1-0-arsenal-u23s-clayton-on-target-as-glatzel-returns/

Edited by spitfire

22 minutes ago, narduch said:

Saw a news report that England is shutting down all leagues below Conference until December 2.

Wonder what that means for PL reserve leagues.

Pl2 and u18 are considered elite sports in the UK and will continue any academy teams below u18 will stop for a month.. Liam has a game Friday vs West Ham ...

In Premier league 2 action Liverpool FC U23s Came back from 2-1 down to win 4-2 vs West Ham Liam scored the third from the spot as he Captain's the side again. 
got MOTM again (8 out the last 10 matches)

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/11/billy-koumetio-returns-as-liverpool-u23s-fight-back-for-big-win-at-west-ham/

45 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Sure sounds like he is making the most of the u-23 games to put himself in the shop window.  

I hope he gets that loan to a high profile league. For me, Liverpool refusing to sell him is a good thing. They have hope for him in the long term at Liverpool

Liverpool is moving to its new training facility this week, after the match against Man City. Up to now, first team training has been at Melwood, their traditional home of 65 years, while the rest of the club has been based at the academy in Kirkby, a few miles away. Melwood is relatively small and couldn't be expanded. Therefore, the club acquired a chunk of land adjacent to the existing academy site and have built a brand new facility there. When they move in on Monday, the first team will be based only meters away from the academy teams and U23s, although I believe there is some segregation between the 2 facilities. The new set up should provide greater opportunities for younger players to be seen first-hand by Klopp and Linjders, who can then pull them into first-team training more easily, should their play warrant it. I suspect that Liam won't be the only U23 player training like an animal the next couple of weeks hoping to make an impression with the manager. Fingers crossed...

Great about the facilities in close proximity. I agree it may help for training with the first team.

I don't know how it works for other clubs, but at Barça the the academy players are usually called to train with the first team the very morning when they arrive, they are not given advance warning. Better not to have them stewing all night, or nervous. They all know it could happen any time, they go to train, they are told they are with the first team, that is all.

Your first day up you may get introduced or may not. They make it as routine as possible.

Of course you get exceptions, like with keepers (if they want to work on free kicks, set plays, not burn out the starter), and then when there are international call-ups and they want to train with a full group anyways. So those are times they may find out beforehand.

Highlights of the game Friday.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/november/07-november/highlights-west-ham-united-u23s-2-4-liverpool-u23s

See some good work there.  Whether I agree with the collapsing player or not, it was at least a penalty and glad Liam got to take it.  

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Highlights of the game Friday.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/november/07-november/highlights-west-ham-united-u23s-2-4-liverpool-u23s

See some good work there.  Whether I agree with the collapsing player or not, it was at least a penalty and glad Liam got to take it.  

Thanks for posting them. Must be painful lol. The LFC ones won’t be up until Monday... 

3 hours ago, spitfire said:

Thanks for posting them. Must be painful lol. The LFC ones won’t be up until Monday... 

I've sent a passive aggressive tweet to @LFC and @LFCTV complaining about how poor they've been about putting up the highlights of U23 matches so far this season. They're not even showing the matches live, which is annoying me greatly!

30 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I've sent a passive aggressive tweet to @LFC and @LFCTV complaining about how poor they've been about putting up the highlights of U23 matches so far this season. They're not even showing the matches live, which is annoying me greatly!

They are awful, easier to get info from opposotion

9 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Wait he was called into the senior side for the game and played for them again and scored ????

edit twice ?????

The EFL Trophy (not Cup) fairly recently added U21s sides of bigger clubs to the tournament, which was previously just for lower league clubs. (Some did not like it).

So he is playing for the Liverpool u21 v. the Port Vale senior side.  Sorry for the confusion, if it came from my first post. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford