Liam Millar

Northvansteve

Just now, Dominic94 said:

I see

Brewster will be a good Premier League striker. Elliot will be a world-class attacking player. Elliot's performances made the decision to sell Brewster, who was looking for guaranteed playing time, easier. Both have been firmly ahead of Liam in the queue for minutes at Liverpool. Having both out of the way, for this season, at least, as well as Curtis Jones moving to the first team full time, has paved the way for Liam to take on a leadership role for a very young U23s side in PL2. That he's grasped it with both hands is to his credit and will be a benefit to his long-term career, even if that lies away from Liverpool.

56 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

rotherham or queens park?

Hopefully QPR out of both. Looks like they have long standing interest. The only downside are both teams are looking down and in a relegation scrap so hope he gets minutes and freedom to express himself/play to strengths rather than being shackled as a defensive winger or something.

At the end of the day minutes is minutes though and that is what he needs.

I think QPR would be a good place for him, not just because I am a fan, the style they try to play is  possession based and they are in dire need of a versatile player like Liam, their position in the table reflects more of lack of squad depth than being a poor footballing side, one of their few forwards in the squad Bright Osay Samuel looks to be on his way so there will be ample opportunities for playing time albeit in a relegation scrap which might not be a bad thing for him! 

20 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Nice clip.

See he is a bit slowing picking up the accent, I dunno, must not be very quick with language. Hargreaves had it down even before he'd ever lived in England.

So relieved not to have put dumb emojis to signal irony on a post.

Like the way I enjoy hearing Liam with zero English accent and even less any scouser traits. And don't get me wrong, love the accent when there, marvellous. Point is, stay true to yourself, and if it gives you a blend or some odd moments, that is fine too.

Considering he's been solely in the UK since an early teenager...he's just a product of his environment. For young people acquiring an accent is apart of acclimating. When you're older it's a lot harder too. It's kinda of what they say about the complexity of learning a new language when your older. 

But I hope this post pump fakes someone else who is coming here thinking they will find news on a move. 

42 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Vice captain of Canada u21s? Trying to understand what he means by that. He must mean the u20s but he only played for them in 2017 as a 17 year old underager IIRC so he wouldn’t have been a captain. 

He was co captain  at the Toulon tournament I believe for Canada Which was a u20/21 tournament but let’s focus on that part of the interview...

sorry and for the record Herdman has a leadership team in those camps and teams and Liam was one of the senior players in that group...

happy fo the way he has taken on the leadership role and am proud he wants to take on more with Canada in the future....

Edited by spitfire

8 minutes ago, Shway said:

Considering he's been solely in the UK since an early teenager...he's just a product of his environment. For young people acquiring an accent is apart of acclimating. When you're older it's a lot harder too. It's kinda of what they say about the complexity of learning a new language when your older. 

But I hope this post pump fakes someone else who is coming here thinking they will find news on a move. 

Will be news soon...😏

30 minutes ago, Shway said:

For young people acquiring an accent is apart of acclimating. When you're older it's a lot harder too.

53 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I enjoy hearing Liam with zero English accent and even less any scouser traits.

This reminds me of two things:

1) David Edgar making fun of Fraser Aird and claiming his Scottish accent was a "fake accent" :)

2) Simeon Jackson

when being interviewed for Canada:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZGozBJ67Wg

& when being interview after joining Walsall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9msKJSc0ICI

41 minutes ago, Shway said:

I was 27 when I first moved away from Vancouver. Living in Japan for 3 years had next to no effect on my West Coast BC accent. However, after a combined 15 years living in Melbourne and London, I find that my friends and family mock the subtle changes in my accent and speech patterns when I'm home. At the same time, I still get a hard time for my 'American' accent off my football mates over here. Funnily enough, my missus moved from Leeds to Melbourne when she was 6. She still speaks with a generic English accent, rather than the thick Yorkshire accents of her parents, uncles, and grandmother. Her two sisters, 4 years older and 3 years younger, respectively, both speak with native Melbournian accents. There's no rhyme or reason to what the brain does.

26 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I was 27 when I first moved away from Vancouver. Living in Japan for 3 years had next to no effect on my West Coast BC accent. However, after a combined 15 years living in Melbourne and London, I find that my friends and family mock the subtle changes in my accent and speech patterns when I'm home. At the same time, I still get a hard time for my 'American' accent off my football mates over here. Funnily enough, my missus moved from Leeds to Melbourne when she was 6. She still speaks with a generic English accent, rather than the thick Yorkshire accents of her parents, uncles, and grandmother. Her two sisters, 4 years older and 3 years younger, respectively, both speak with native Melbournian accents. There's no rhyme or reason to what the brain does.

I left Vancouver for Barcelona at the age of 27, and only started to return for regular work in Canada 20 years after that. In the meantime, I had moments when I could not remember English words, spoke weird syntax, and maybe had odd accent twists on certain words. Someone said I spoke mid-Atlantic.

My English was still stuck in my West Coast young man's sloppy enunciation and chock full of swear words.

Now after teaching regularly in English in Canada and now even in Spain, I feel I speak proper English with a BC accent, and like an adult.

Although she is most probably a major douche, Hilaria Baldwin does in fact probably forget the name for cuccumber in English at times and maybe her Spanish accent comes out more at certain moments; that whole controversy also says a lot about people having no experience of linguistic and cultural blending.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

I moved from Newfoundland to Calgary at the age of 27 and my Newfie accent has only gotten thicker and thicker after countless kitchen parties with my fellow newfies living abroad. 

Just joking. My wife informs me I am full of shit.

My accent is indeed leveling out, much to my surprise. I really thought I retained it, or that it may have even thickened (being around other newfies brings the accent out, I find), but she was quick to point out I was wrong, as she is usually quick to do ;)

On the plus side, she tells me my grammar has improved as a result lol.

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I moved from Newfoundland to Calgary at the age of 27 and my Newfie accent has only gotten thicker and thicker after countless kitchen parties with my fellow newfies living abroad. 

Just joking. My wife informs me I am full of shit.

My accent is indeed leveling out, much to my surprise. I really thought I retained it, or that it may have even thickened (being around other newfies brings the accent out, I find), but she was quick to point out I was wrong, as she is usually quick to do ;)

On the plus side, she tells me my grammar has improved as a result lol.

My wife is from a Pyrenees village where they speak old Catalan with an accent hard to catch--but she's lost it, she no longer speaks it after a few decades in Barcelona. That is just 120 km away, so not far at all. But the "cosmopolitan" city kicked it out of her.

I remember it was mentioned if Liam had to go out on loan again after Kilmarnock he had to sign a new Liverpool contract. Since it seems he's moving on loan again that is what has happened, hasn't it? Can't say I'm looking forward to a potential loan after loan after loan situation over the next few years. 

I just want some stability for the kid to grow. Let's hope he gets that at some point.

Edited by VinceA

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

I remember it was mentioned if Liam had to go out on loan again after Kilmarnock he had to sign a new Liverpool contract. Since it seems he's moving on loan again that is what has happened, hasn't it? Can't say I'm looking forward to a potential loan after loan after loan situation over the next few years. 

I just want some stability for the kid to grow. Let's hope he gets that at some point.

If he impresses now either he’s sold or stays. He’s 21 this is likely the moment, let’s say he burns the championship then I’d say he ends up back and he’ll get his shot. They aren’t going to loan him out forever and pay for him to play for someone else that would be ridiculous. Let’s see where he goes first.