Liam Millar

Northvansteve

5 hours ago, Shway said:

October 15th is the domestic deadline for loans.

And permanent transfers. Premier League teams can't do business between themselves but can with EFL clubs.

For instance, my club can still sign someone from the Championship.  (At least that is what I keep repeating to myself this morning, while looking at the thinness of our squad and slowly rocking back and forth.)

8 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

And permanent transfers. Premier League teams can't do business between themselves but can with EFL clubs.

For instance, my club can still sign someone from the Championship.  (At least that is what I keep repeating to myself this morning, while looking at the thinness of our squad and slowly rocking back and forth.)

I fully expected you to flog Rice to Chelsea for way more money than he's actually worth, personally. 

33 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I fully expected you to flog Rice to Chelsea for way more money than he's actually worth, personally. 

Being relegated was estimated to cost at least £100 mil a couple years ago so he is worth at least that.  

(More seriously, because of European registration etc. - young and homegrown is always overpriced for big clubs.)

From his side, I think he likes being the beating heart of the team, big fish in a small pond, if you will.   But I also thought that about Payet.

8 hours ago, Shway said:

October 15th is the domestic deadline for loans.

"...Ben Woodburn, Nat Phillips and Liam Millar should remain at the club for the time being, though all three are likely to secure loan moves to the EFL later in the month."

https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/shaqiri-set-to-stay-at-liverpool-as-no-offers-come-in-ahead/15og6002rz42i1r4p5d7i3paxr

45 minutes ago, spitfire said:

"The young Reds went up after four minutes when Millar beat two Salford defenders on the left and squared for Bearne at the back post to finish."

"Their lead was doubled in minute 18 when Millar dribbled beyond four opponents before cutting in from the left and firing beyond the goalkeeper"

That's exciting stuff!

28 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Wigan battered them recently so probably closer to league 1. Actually that was the u21 team that lost to Wigan. 

To be honest Wigan did batter them but the average age of Lfc was 18.7 and Wigan was 29. Lol

It was 1-1 at half time and Wigan brought in 2 players with 300 champ games between them. The EFL trophy is a really good competition between league 1 and premier league u21 teams.. but I’d say be a top league 1 team on their day...

4 hours ago, spitfire said:

To be honest Wigan did batter them but the average age of Lfc was 18.7 and Wigan was 29. Lol

It was 1-1 at half time and Wigan brought in 2 players with 300 champ games between them. The EFL trophy is a really good competition between league 1 and premier league u21 teams.. but I’d say be a top league 1 team on their day...

Not going to disagree it’s great for development for players like Liam but it really sucks a tournament that gave smaller teams a chance to win a trophy lost its prestige/importance by adding youth teams. Especially since the small clubs aren’t allowed to play more than a couple reserves.

31 minutes ago, spitfire said:

So a disappointing and frustrating day and window He’s not going anywhere on loan this window  the deal just couldn’t be done ...

Too frustrated to say more... all I can say is he will keep his head up work harder and the next window is 11 weeks away...

more in a day or two 

cheers 

Generally, what were the hurdles that killed a loan deal? 

sorry to hear this but also much to be positive about on Liam’s current situation and opportunities at hand 

36 minutes ago, spitfire said:

So a disappointing and frustrating day and window He’s not going anywhere on loan this window  the deal just couldn’t be done ...

Too frustrated to say more... all I can say is he will keep his head up work harder and the next window is 11 weeks away...

more in a day or two 

cheers 

Sorry to hear man. I cannot imagine how frustrating this must have been. Good luck with the first half of the season. Hopefully Liam can get into some Cup games in the meantime.

18 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Sorry to hear man. I cannot imagine how frustrating this must have been. Good luck with the first half of the season. Hopefully Liam can get into some Cup games in the meantime.

Liverpool has no cup games til January. 

MLS has a new young DP rule coming next season where I believe each team gets three young DP slots. Maybe one of the Canadian teams will make an offer for Liam in January?

One thing I've seen from the lad is he always puts his head down and works hard, I'm confident he will keep doing the same.

If anything, I'm sure he will use this as more motivation to just keeping crushing it like he has been and get in even better form. That's all he can do for now. 

Although not ideal, a few positives is that he will still get great coaching and training within Liverpool and he will be getting tons of game minutes, even if it is at a level he is clearly above. 

All the best to him the next 11 weeks.

Tell him all of us back in Canada are supporting him .

Edited by apbsmith
*can do*

31 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Liverpool has no cup games til January. 

MLS has a new young DP rule coming next season where I believe each team gets three young DP slots. Maybe one of the Canadian teams will make an offer for Liam in January?

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Liverpool loaned out Elliot and WIlson. Liam staying at the u23s isnt so bad and with those guys gone maybe he gets a shot at an early FA cup game. 

You mean no FA cup until Jan?

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I would hope/expect he would be out on loan in the second half of the season. Maybe he gets into some games right before that?

Hopefully you are correct! Even just making the 18 would be special.

I know Xmas schedule is always fairly packed in BPL. Liverpool has 4 games in 12 days or 5 games in 16 days I believe around the holidays. 

Liverpool 1st team does have depth in the front 3, but lots can happen in 8-10 weeks.