Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He had an amazing 75 mins in front of 58000 fans at Celtic Park. The atmosphere was unbelievable. (I was there!!!) He was Completely shattered after the match. He absolutely worked his socks off

Champions!! Amazing for Liam to be a part of such an amazing club and not a bad year to make your senior debut!! Onwards and upwards!! #ynwa!!

Unbelievable performance from back to front from the whole team. To come out and beat a league one team with basically a u20 team. Brilliant  so incredibly proud of Liam asked to do a job to pres

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, gator said:

Objectively I think QPR would be a very good move for him, there is an opportunity to play immediately, Mark Warburton has been good at using and developing young talent and The Championship is one of the most competitive leagues in the world from top to bottom!

I second that. Keep the Canadian connection going at QPR. At the very least I think he should play in the Championship. Holland would be okay, but it's arguably a step down outside of Ajax and maybe PSV. He has 6 different clubs from the Championship after him, so guaranteed that one of them are offering him boat loads of playing time. If that's QPR then all the better. If all things are equal regarding playing time, choose the better league.

Blackburn could be good for him too as it would keep him relatively close to Liverpool geographically. So too would Stoke, but that may be a tougher team to get into. He needs to play regardless of where he ends up.

Edited by Obinna
Link to post
Share on other sites

No harm in sharing a link, thx for sharing it for the CMNT supporters.

Football Insider is usually fairly reliable. Something to be said to have that many clubs having registered interest. Nice to see Liverpool wanting to hold onto him also.  Agree with article, has impressed in his recent outings ( yes I know just U23, but still looked hungry and ready to ball). 

Hoping he lands somewhere where he can slot right into consistent minutes. Liverpool is a class organization, so I'm sure that is being evaluated and important. 

Exciting days ahead.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully he lands at a club that gives him playing time and allows him to play free, attacking football. I'm sure he and his family will be mindful of this after being stuck in a rigid, defensive system at Kilmarnock. It would be great for his career to start scoring and assisting goals in a competitive league. I kind of hope he ends up in Netherlands for this reason, although I admittedly don't know anything about Zwolle's system. I just know the reputation the Eredivisie has for development, and that the Championship can be a very tough, physical league like Scotland, albeit at a considerably higher level of play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he has to judge where they want him most, and I imagine that amongst many suitors there are always those that are just hedging their bets and have a list of half a dozen to pick up on loan, and others which have actually looked at their roster, that player, and have a clear idea for Liam. This you can gauge.

That said, no matter what the club, the manager is in charge and you can never have minutes ensured anywhere. You have to train and play to be on the pitch if that is where you want to be.

That is why I am in favour of any deal where Liverpool or his agent require some sort of penalization clause if he doesn't get minutes. For what it is worth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That is why I am in favour of any deal where Liverpool or his agent require some sort of penalization clause if he doesn't get minutes. For what it is worth.

This. That's why I hope he goes to a club that the manager knows who he is and wants him to fit into the style of play he's trying to implement, and not just looking for a player to fill a need.  

Watching all these football documentaries, it's interesting to see the amount of managers who don't have a say on who comes in, and without contractual obligations for the players - they end up just being a squad player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think he has to judge where they want him most, and I imagine that amongst many suitors there are always those that are just hedging their bets and have a list of half a dozen to pick up on loan, and others which have actually looked at their roster, that player, and have a clear idea for Liam. This you can gauge.

That said, no matter what the club, the manager is in charge and you can never have minutes ensured anywhere. You have to train and play to be on the pitch if that is where you want to be.

That is why I am in favour of any deal where Liverpool or his agent require some sort of penalization clause if he doesn't get minutes. For what it is worth.

When Klopp first arrived at Liverpool, he was adamantly opposed to loaning young players out to other clubs. He preferred that they stayed home to develop and learn to play Liverpool's style of football. He's evolved over the past few years to allow some loans. However, he does insist on such clauses penalizing the loan club if the player doesn't get certain amounts of minutes. It'll be great if that happens in Liam's move in the next few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

When Klopp first arrived at Liverpool, he was adamantly opposed to loaning young players out to other clubs. He preferred that they stayed home to develop and learn to play Liverpool's style of football. He's evolved over the past few years to allow some loans. However, he does insist on such clauses penalizing the loan club if the player doesn't get certain amounts of minutes. It'll be great if that happens in Liam's move in the next few days.

Great to hear. 

At Liam's age he has to play and be challenged, and big clubs have so much youth talent they have to loan. IMO. Dortmund is still a club developing players but not with the reserves a club like Liverpool has. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gator said:

Mark Warburton, he has been very good at playing and developing young talent and tries to play an attacking posession based brand of football! 

He was the Glasgow Rangers manager a few years back, wasn't he? When Fraser Aird was at the club, if memory serves me correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boominbooty said:

So what happened to Liam? No news at all today. Is he still with Liverpool? 

Still with Liverpool. I suspect there might still be a provision which allows loan moves between Premier League teams and teams lower down the English pyramid. If not, less than 90 days until the winter window opens!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...