Liam Millar

Northvansteve

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Rhian  Brewster not making it into Liverpool team was a sign.

I’ve said he’s not in the plans no matter what. I was hoping for a loan, but I hope he gets transferred out of there ASAP!

I agree, I think it's time for him to find somewhere permanent. I don't know about ASAP as it is always tough to move in the winter. No knock on Liam; there is no shame in not breaking through into this ridiculous Liverpool side, especially considering Klopp is known to favour smaller squads.

5 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Were any of those 8 players forwards?

Not a single one...

I’ve done my best to not comment on this thread today... 

But He’s been a Tad unfortunate to not get more opportunities as the front 6/7 have all been so healthy. A lot of the opportunities for the younger players have come through injuries... (Thiago Van dyke Gomes etc...)

He has done so well and will keep his head down and keep pushing he’s not a mile away.. obviously he’s disappointed not to be involved but extremely happy and proudly to play for such a great and talented club... it will only make him better...

And before anyone asks he will be looking to go out on Loan in Jan that is the current plan...

On a side note wanted to pass along how happy Liam is for his u23 teammates like Leighton and Billy to get a run out but dam would have loved to see his pace down that left side tonight!!!!

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Not a single one...

I’ve done my best to not comment on this thread today... 

But He’s been a Tad unfortunate to not get more opportunities as the front 6/7 have all been so healthy. A lot of the opportunities for the younger players have come through injuries... (Thiago Van dyke Gomes etc...)

He has done so well and will keep his head down and keep pushing he’s not a mile away.. obviously he’s disappointed not to be involved but extremely happy and proudly to play for such a great and talented club... it will only make him better...

And before anyone asks he will be looking to go out on Loan in Jan that is the current plan...

On a side note wanted to pass along how happy Liam is for his u23 teammates like Leighton and Billy to get a run out but dam would have loved to see his pace down that left side tonight!!!!

Always a pleasure to have you chime in. If he gets that loan to the championship or somewhere I’m sure he’ll thrive.

i don’t think people know how good he actually is and how hard it is to crack these big squads. 

6 hours ago, spitfire said:

Not a single one...

Thanks Spitfire!

We’re all impatient (I’m sure your the same) because we all see the potential he has.

There’s no doubt he has a great future.  On a lower table PL team I think he would be a regular sub; but alas he’s playing for one of the top 5 clubs in the world.

Hopefully a loan works out.  He’s ready for the next level.

7 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Always a pleasure to have you chime in. If he gets that loan to the championship or somewhere I’m sure he’ll thrive.

i don’t think people know how good he actually is and how hard it is to crack these big squads. 

I think people do... Well at least I do. But like Diego said, it’s not a knock to his game specifically, when you consider the magnitude of his club and their current status.

It’s just a hard reality when you look at the top clubs in the PL. It’s even more rare now for kids to come through the system, and get tangible minutes. It’s only the elite ones in Foden, Greenwood, Rashford, Saka, and Alexander-Arnold that have gotten real chances. If not you’re subjected to needing a loan to show yourself to your club or another.

I hope he gets the loan deal he needs, because he has shown he has the quality to be playing big league ball - he just needs the right fit/opportunity to showcase his skillset. 

Here’s hoping 2021 is even better than his 2020.

• 3 weeks later...

Charlton is a club that keeps popping up as having a possible connection to Millar. Sixth in Lg 1 and perhaps needing a little more offensive spark for a promotion push  It could all be wishful thinking on their part, though:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/opinion-charlton-should-reignite-interest-in-liverpool-man-in-january/

Kid needs to play, full stop; I sure hope something gets done in January.

1 hour ago, nolando said:

Charlton is a club that keeps popping up as having a possible connection to Millar. Sixth in Lg 1 and perhaps needing a little more offensive spark for a promotion push  It could all be wishful thinking on their part, though:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/opinion-charlton-should-reignite-interest-in-liverpool-man-in-january/

Kid needs to play, full stop; I sure hope something gets done in January.

I'm sure I read that @spitfireplayed for Charlton. Could be a feel-good story in the making.

21 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'm sure I read that @spitfireplayed for Charlton. Could be a feel-good story in the making.

Sorry unfortunately I can’t comment much as things are on going and I can’t risk being quoted on Twitter. But know things are in the works. 
As for Theo he’s a great player with loads of potential We are very happy for his success. Let’s hope he get his debut soon for Wolves.  Liam him chat often and he sent him a big congrats on his NT call up. 

As for NT stuff with Liam again can’t comment on it. Sorry. 

Be an interesting few weeks for sure 

Happy New year to All!! 

5 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Just for giggles Spitfire, do the kids with CDN connections talk much?   You said he talks to Corbaneau but does Liam chat with Flores for example?  Do the older guys, Leutwiler, Hoilett etc talk to the kids about camps and tournies??  

Flores I don’t think so but they are a few years apart in age (but they might)! I knew his father Ruben quite well back in Canada and we are friends on FB...but we don’t talk. 

All the other lads here(NT players and fellow Canucks )  as far as I know all chat in group chats and to each other. Herdman so i am told has really made a family feeling with all the players and they do chat with each other a lot ( from what little I know) 

Again a bit all 2nd hand as the info from my 21 year old is a little hit and miss lol

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Sorry unfortunately I can’t comment much as things are on going and I can’t risk being quoted on Twitter. But know things are in the works. 
As for Theo he’s a great player with loads of potential We are very happy for his success. Let’s hope he get his debut soon for Wolves.  Liam him chat often and he sent him a big congrats on his NT call up. 

As for NT stuff with Liam again can’t comment on it. Sorry. 

Be an interesting few weeks for sure 

Happy New year to All!! 

Always appreciated and a shame of course that you can’t say more, but I do hope things work out. 

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Is this guy legit ?

marty... lol Van Den Berg had hype no ? Let’s sell a young Van Djik who wasn’t good enough ! 

Well it’s not a major indictment to not be good enough for Liverpool.

Van Den Berg is only 19 though so no way he’s sold yet. 

seems likely that Millar is set for a loan to a League 1 side. Great news - thats what he needs!

12 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So the only things I could find on him and a loan are that he is rumoured to go on loan and could possibly be sold to raise money like they did with Harvey Elliott. 

the athletic wasn’t helpful and neither was google.

Harvey Elliot has not, and will not be sold. He's already one of the best players in the Championship as a 17-year old on loan at Blackburn. He's going to be a mainstay for Liverpool and England within a couple of years, and for a decade after that. 

12 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Harvey Elliot has not, and will not be sold. He's already one of the best players in the Championship as a 17-year old on loan at Blackburn. He's going to be a mainstay for Liverpool and England within a couple of years, and for a decade after that. 

I must have read the article wrong because I thought they had sold him to Sheffield for 23 million.