Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit it that I was wrong about Davies becoming a starter for Canada so soon. I really thought he was not ready for it, but he's enjoying it so much that he's getting better each game. Great to see and hopefully his journey in the Soccer world takes him to great heights. Davies been great these two games and hoping for more  mainly WC.

8 hours ago, Califax said:

Hey I just met you, and this is crazy

But im in love with, Alphonso Davies

And all the goals he scores, fucking amaze me

Cause im in love with, Alphonso Davies

This is simple, brilliant and with a really recognizable tune. We need to do this in September!

On 7/12/2017 at 9:12 PM, Scorpion26 said:

I admit it that I was wrong about Davies becoming a starter for Canada so soon. I really thought he was not ready for it, but he's enjoying it so much that he's getting better each game. Great to see and hopefully his journey in the Soccer world takes him to great heights. Davies been great these two games and hoping for more  mainly WC.

I'm in the same boat as you. I am a huge Davies fan too. I thought he could maybe turn heads with some late game subs. 

On extraTime Radio yesterday, they were calling Davies a budding superstar who is only a rung below Pulisic level (wasn't meant to be a slight against Davies in any way). So basically on par with what most people are thinking. 

2 hours ago, apbsmith said:

I think he needs to stay on the left. I prefer when he plays the entire game.

He did struggle to find his place last night.  I think if he had played on the left in a previous game he'd have been faster to get up to speed.  Coming in as a sub you have to be fully comfortable from the first minute, you don't get to play into the position.

That said, I agree with taking Hoilett off instead of de Jong, and they wanted Davies to get into the game.  So I get it.  Just didn't work out for him last night.

3 minutes ago, paul-collins said:

He did struggle to find his place last night.  I think if he had played on the left in a previous game he'd have been faster to get up to speed.  Coming in as a sub you have to be fully comfortable from the first minute, you don't get to play into the position.

That said, I agree with taking Hoilett off instead of de Jong, and they wanted Davies to get into the game.  So I get it.  Just didn't work out for him last night.

I think being on the right wing shows Davies weaknesses a little more because cutting in requires more finesse than beating someone on the outside on your stronger foot.

ESPN just called Alphonso Davies the most exciting player in the tournament, in naming him to their best 11. Choo choo the hype train rolls up motherfuckers.

http://www.espnfc.com/concacaf-gold-cup/59/blog/post/3159409/canadian-teenage-sensation-alphonso-davies-leads-gold-cup-best-xi

Alphonso Davies, MF, Canada -- Yowza. The co-leader in goals scored for the tournament, Davies has been outstanding. The 16-year-old Vancouver Whitecap announced his presence on the international stage by galloping past the French Guiana defense before nutmegging the goalkeeper for his first Canada goal. He then ordered up a second goal via a second nutmeg to cap the 4-2 victory. Davies also showed some smarts in taking advantage of Cristian Gamboa's sleepy defending and powering home a shot to score Canada's goal in the 1-1 draw with Costa Rica. The most exciting player of the tournament.

3 hours ago, shermanator said:

ESPN just called Alphonso Davies the most exciting player in the tournament, in naming him to their best 11. Choo choo the hype train rolls up motherfuckers.

http://www.espnfc.com/concacaf-gold-cup/59/blog/post/3159409/canadian-teenage-sensation-alphonso-davies-leads-gold-cup-best-xi

Man, Piette was good but Arfield is not getting enough love ... he has a goal, an assist, took the FK that led to Jako's goal, and seems to be everywhere on the pitch.

4 hours ago, dsqpr said:

So, who had Fonzie in their starting eleven for the French Guiana match? :)

Not me! To be fair though, I didn't explicitly make a starting eleven, but it probably would have had Edwards in Davies spot. Since he never saw the field nobody can refute my claim that he would have scored 6 ;)

Archived